Ignition

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

Yunho, although reluctant at first and frankly tired of it, recognised his responsibility as the current and only “renter” in the room of the apartment to be the first to make conversation.

“We didn’t want to be here,” Yunho stated. Another silence fell across the room.

“It wasn’t our choice. Somebody took us here, and left us.”

Yoochun looked at Yunho as if he was crazy. Junsu’s expression still remained unusually concerned; an anxious frown still fixing his eyebrows closer together. Jaejoong looked deep in thought, and truly, he was. His mind was turning itself over, considering everything Junsu had said to him earlier as he bumped into him before returning to the apartment to find Yoochun. Jaejoong suddenly felt a sharp pang of suspicion and hurt. No matter how many times he told himself it couldn’t be true, because he so didn’t want it to be, when he pieced it together for the thousandth time inside his overactive mind it began to make sense.

Jaejoong turned to Junsu, looking him dead in the eye with a cold expression.

“Junsu…what were you talking about earlier?” He asked in a slightly harsh tone.

Junsu’s eyebrows raised as his body jolted and his head turned to face the sudden call of attention. “What?” Junsu asked Jaejoong a delaying question, with wide eyes and that curious, innocent looking expression that Jaejoong suddenly resented so much. 

Yunho and Yoochun remained silent, trying to understand what was going on between them.

Jaejoong continued to look Junsu in the eye fiercely, and refused the delaying tactic Junsu had used; instead he said nothing. 

 

At last, Junsu began to open up.

“OK, OK! I know how this looks…don’t hate me. Just promise me that?” Junsu held his hands up in an innocent gesture. Jaejoong’s lips remained still, as did Yunho and Yoochun who had been watching the conversation unfold with great curiosity and surprise.

Junsu elaborated. “It wasn’t supposed to happen like this…I asked Jongkook to bring Yunho and Changmin to the same apartment area, and then wait with them until we could meet the next day, but then-”

“What? You kept us here?” Yunho exclaimed, his voice raised, his expression hurt. 

Junsu lowered his head as he closed his eyes and nodded, letting his phone dangle hopelessly between his fingers.

Junsu raised his head and his eyes met with Yunho’s for the longest time in years as he continued his explanation. “But then I couldn’t contact Jungkook; he hasn’t been picking up his phone for a while - he only answered recently, only to apologise and then tell me that he had to go again,” he sighed, his expression just as concerned as everybody else’s. Jungkook had seemed rushed during the phone call, and hadn’t answered any of Junsu’s important questions.

Yunho pressed his fingers to his temples as he tried to comprehend everything that Junsu was telling him. 

“Why? Just tell me why,” Yunho sighed.

“To meet you! Jaejoong and Yoochun have been feeling so down lately, and I figured that the only way for them to become happy again was to-”

“Yah! Don’t try blaming this all on us!” Jaejoong’s voice interrupted, as loud and sharp as thunder.

Junsu felt hurt by this sudden outburst. 

“It’s not like that! Jaejoong-ah…I thought this could make you - us, happy,” Junsu argued back, gesturing to everyone present in the room as he spoke.

Jaejoong felt stunned. After all these years, he thought he’d known the guy. He could only sigh and shake his head before walking out aimlessly, and without fully realising, he had ended up walking into the kitchen.