Unsuspecting

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

Changmin slowly sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes. Once his sleepy eyes had become focussed, he could see Yunho sat in the only armchair in the hotel room with reading glasses propped up against his small, handsome face; resting on his button nose. He was reading a Korean book. Changmin could tell straight away that Yunho had been reading since the early hours of the morning. If only Yunho had accepted one of Changmin's sleeping pills, then perhaps he would have slept just as well as Changmin had. 
"Hyung, you had trouble sleeping, didn't you...?" Changmin asked, concerned for his hyung's well being. A pair of tired, dark eyes rose from the page of the book they were reading, and settled on Changmin's worried face. Yunho wanted to lie but knew that it would be pointless to do so. Instead, Yunho nodded and mumbled "mm." He then closed his book (remembering to insert a bookmark), took a deep sigh and asked Changmin "are you OK?"
Changmin took a short while to respond but eventually smiled and nodded, mumbling "mm" in return. Then Changmin got dressed and ready. The pair had a tight schedule today.

All of a sudden, six consecutive knocks at the hotel room's door sounded, shortly followed by a man's voice calling Yunho and Changmin's names. They were all set to travel in the van to their first interview of the day.

They were escorted out of the hotel and into the van with a long journey ahead of them. Brilliant sunshine ruled the skies above no matter how far away from the hotel the van had travelled; almost as if it was following them. The warm weather set the city scenery they drove past in a magnificent array of bright colours. However, the sun's brightness was reflecting off the city's glass buildings and becoming an irritant - just as well, then, that Yunho and Changmin had remembered to bring sunglasses. They were heading away from the city and into the surrounding suburbs. During the first half hour of the journey, Yunho and Changmin sat in silence because Yunho had nodded off. Changmin was happy that his hyung was getting some rest and quite enjoyed observing the scenery with a curious yet thoughtful mindset. He rolled down the window. The warm, bright sun and the twittering birds allowed him to feel somewhat at ease, despite the upcoming interview.

Changmin's attention returned to reality soon after he realised that his mind had been led astray by thoughts. He turned his head to see if Yunho had woken up yet. Just over an hour into the journey and sure enough, Yunho had awoken and was revising a pile of notes which management had conducted. The notes provided Yunho and Changmin with predicted questions which they had to be prepared to answer. 

"Hyung, how are you feeling?" Changmin queried with curiosity. 
"A little nervous, how about you?" Yunho smiled. Suddenly, the car in which Yunho and Changmin were travelling in came to a halt. They looked at one another questioningly- they were quite certain that this was not the whereabouts of the interview location.
"Ahjusshi (used to address middle-aged man), what's going on?" Changmin asked the driver. The driver gave a deep sigh, but no other response. "Perhaps we missed a turning," Yunho offered. 
Finally, the driver spoke. "I'm sorry, I cannot tell you much. I am risking my job if I do so. You will have to decide which move you will take next yourselves. I will wait here for you both until receiving further instruction." The driver leaned against his car seat to face Yunho and Changmin, and a friendly smile creased upon his face. "Good luck."