Tangled

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

Yunho and Changmin had not long ago finished their ice creams. It had only recently become apparent to Yunho that they were somehow purposely yet not fully intending to linger at the umbrella table. The shade was welcoming, but not as effective as the cool touch from the ice creams they had held and the delightfully freezing sensation of the ice cream slithering down their throats, causing a pleasantly sharp chill through their bodies. Now that the ice cream was gone, Yunho felt strange and awkward to be just sat here amongst many people. His mind needed to be working at or towards something to keep him busy. He finally stood up and, after placing his and Changmin's ice cream wrappers into the nearest bin, encouraged Changmin to follow suit. They needed to move. 

"Where are we going, hyung?" Changmin asked, careful to keep a low, unrecognisable tone - but this time bearable for the sake of Yunho's humour. Changmin could tell from Yunho's frowned expression that the question's answer was going to be a dead end, despite the shade of Yunho's sunglasses. However, it was the chewed lip that made Yunho's anxiety towards the situation the most obvious. Sure, he had been a leader for many years on behalf of his group, but it was mostly just a facade, he thought. He was a leader, but this by no means meant that he had much more power - management were more-so in charge and so if they told him that they didn't want him using his phone then he had to abide by their rules reasonably. Changmin too. So Yunho felt particularly uneasy about this situation because he felt that Changmin was looking to him for direction due to his leader status and also due to him being his hyung, but Yunho felt lost and just as clueless as Changmin did.

"I don't know," Yunho muffled under his breath, nervous to catch any attention from fans who might detect them even by just their voice. He propped his sunglasses which were sliding down because of sweat back up his small nose and then swiftly guided them farther out to a place more secluded and less likely to encounter strangers. Changmin's patience for being lost out here in the streets was thinning. "Hyung, what do you think is going on? Do you think the driver is going to arrange something stupid, like a fool?"

Yunho had his eyes closed from underneath his sunglasses. He was desperately trying to grasp the situation at hand as best he could. "No," he bluntly responded after running a thousand thoughts through his mind. The driver didn't seem intent on arranging something harmful; like he had said himself, his job mattered to him. Also, Yunho reasoned that if the driver had wanted to do something stupid like murder them he had had a wide array of places to choose from - some less busier and less obvious. Not here. 

They began to rifle through the possibilities that could have led them to such an unusually bizarre situation thoroughly, being careful to take an awareness check of their surroundings every few seconds - or, at least, Changmin was. Yunho had a glazed look about his eyes underneath his dark sunglasses. Something that Changmin said had bothered him, stunned him into a statue. "Hyung?" Changmin raised his voice to gain Yunho's attention. Yunho snapped back into motion, but the word that slid from his mouth upon doing so caused them both to reflect upon an era that they greatly missed. "Jaejoong-ah," Yunho repeated - Changmin had briefly mentioned the possibility that one of the anti-fans from back during their days as five members; Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong and themselves, might be involved in this strange occurrence. Strangely, Yunho didn't seem to directly care about the possiblity of another anti-fan encounter, but instead his mind chanted that one word as if he had been possessed by a Demon and was miming some kind of evil spell. It caught on his tongue relentlessly and wouldn't leave until he spoke the very word.

"What?" Changmin looked at Yunho with a confused frown. The random word had thrown him off-guard. Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, something entered Changmin's vision and swooped by with flawless speed. It tackled Yunho like a player in a rugby match, bringing itself and Yunho swiftly yet somewhat safely to the ground. As Changmin watched the masked, masculine figure whip a bag over Yunho's head, flabbergasted, little did he know that another of these figures was just about to tackle him to the ground and do the same.

 

-----

31/12/14

Author Note: 

Dear wonderful subscribers,

Thank you so much for continuing to read this story! I know that it has been a very long while since I last updated this, so I wanted to formally apologise but also thank you for your patience and kindness. I became a bit stuck with the storyline and had a long writer's block, but I feel that things are getting better just in time for the New Year. I'd like to wish you all a fantastic New Year; may it be an enjoyable and positive one! I finally have an idea as to how the two groups will meet, so I am excited and can't wait to bring this to you all. And then the true depth and drama of the story can begin hehe. I hope you'll like it! ^-^