Just Us

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

In the apartment that Jongkook had kindly arranged for them, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu had well and truly settled in. Junho and Jongkook had booked into a nearby hotel because they had other plans going on - Junho had been spending a lot of time in Japan and China throughout recent years but was now considering making the decision to join an entertaiment company in his home country. 

 Junsu was snoring away, his head well and truly sunken into the pillow with a messy excuse for hair being the only visible part of him. His body was snugly tucked into a soccer duvet cover. They were going to be staying at the apartment for a while, so Junsu thought it worthwhile to bring a few of his home comforts along. Jaejoong had decided to bring his pet cat, Jiji, along too. His sister usually looked after Jiji, but Jaejoong hadn’t seen them both in so long that he jumped at the opportunity to meet his sister, who lived locally in the area, and bring Jiji over to the apartment for the week that they would be staying there to ease the pressure for his sister. 

Junsu had many pet cats of his own, but none of them were quite like Jiji - not anywhere near half as annoying. Funnily enough, Jiji didn’t seem to take much of a liking to her real owner who she could often be seen scampering away from whenever he tried to pick her up for a or tummy rub. Instead, she’d bound over to Junsu, who would be just settling into his much-needed sleep at this point, and roll about playfully in his duvet covers; commanding Junsu’s attention. Jaejoong didn’t really seem to mind too much - perhaps it was just the smell of Junsu’s cats from his duvet covers which made her behave so differently around Junsu, he thought. 

 

Meanwhile, the last member of the group; Yoochun, was busy revising his lines in the script of the latest drama he was starring in. He had that slow, classical music playing that Jaejoong would scowl at; Jaejoong much preferred more lively beats like rock or rhythm and blues. But Yoochun found a sense of calmness and serenity in this music. It tapped into the sensitive, emotional side of him like no other music did and comforted him like a mother’s lullaby. Perfect for tuning into his acting skills. Jaejoong came and sat beside him on the couch with a curious look about him. He leaned over Yoochun’s shoulder, quickly attempting to snatch a few words from the script before Yoochun instinctively drew the paper into his chest and turned away. Jaejoong recited the first line that he could remember, pronouncing each word with heartfelt emphasis until he finished and then grabbed Yoochun’s wrist, turning him around, and this caused them both to erupt into laughter. The laughter was so loud, like a pair of excited hyenas, that it frightened Jiji, who in turn woke Junsu as she sprang off the bed as flexibly as a slinky toy.  

“Aish - yah!” Junsu yelled irritably at the cat as she scampered away and hid under a cabinet. He ruffled his hopeless hair and stretched before groggily clambering out of bed and heading into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

There was a quick knock at the door before Jaejoong swiftly entered the bathroom. “Wait, you haven’t eaten yet!” He said, trying to grab Junsu’s toothbrush. Some strange muffled sounds were emitted from Junsu’s mouth before Jaejoong was pushed back outside and the door was slammed shut in his face. Jaejoong’s shoulders slumped - what to do with the light breakfast he had prepared for him? 

“It’s because he thinks you’ll take a picture of him in the shower,” Yoochun casually spoke from the other side of the room, his thumb to turn to the next page of the script. 

Jaejoong laughed as he walked over to the kitchen, almost tripping over one of Junsu’s “runaway” socks which lay about randomly on the floor amongst a few others, to put the meal he had prepared for Junsu in the fridge. Then he walked over to the window that looked down onto the quiet streets. Fields amongst other rural features could be seen in the distance, along with a lining of wooden fence running along the horizon. Something heavy began pitter-patting against the window, creating a thick blur that was only increasing in size. Rain. It was a shame that yesterday was so nice in comparison, Jaejoong thought. They weren’t going to get up to much today.