Back Seat

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

Suddenly two men appeared from behind and whacked Junsu across the back of the head with a heavy, broken pole. 

Won Jin instantly charged towards the men with his baton swinging, but was pulled backwards by the grumpy, bald man who had risen from his seat to give his men a hand.

 

“Hey!” Jaejoong yelled as he ran into the room to see what all the commotion was about, shortly followed by an equally concerned Yunho. 

Jaejoong sprinted for the baton that Won Jin had dropped.

“I wouldn’t if I were you,” the bald man smirked.

He held a sharp blade against Won Jin’s throat, silencing the whole room.

He nodded at his men, who then dragged Junsu out and away through some rusting double-doors. 

Every fibre in Jaejoong was seething with anger, but Won Jin’s life was at stake which left him and Yunho no choice other than to stay still and watch as their companion; their dear brother, was taken away beyond their reach.

The bald man laughed a shrewd laugh, releasing spittle carelessly onto the ground as he coughed and wheezed afterwards. Then he took another puff from his cigar before throwing it onto the ground and flattening it with his shoe. His attention returned to the anxious men stood before him. 

He could see fury and Won Jin’s tense gaze in the reflection of Jaejoong and Yunho’s eyes, but what pleased the sick man most was that their eyes revealed cooperation; they were now under his control. 

 

Reluctantly, and with his hands raised to encourage that the situation remain calm,Yunho asked the very question the bald man had been eagerly waiting to hear.

“Alright, OK,” he stepped forward cautiously to stand beside Jaejoong. “How much?”

“Two billion won,” the bald man stated.

Won Jin laughed mockingly at that, his gaze fixed upwards as if searching for God. Just how crazy was this bald man? He was swiftly forced to “shut up” again as more pressure was applied to the knife against his neck; the blade slightly scratching his olive skin.

“We don’t have that kind of money!” Yunho exclaimed with an exaggerated throw of his arms. He sighed heavily with furrowed brows, his hands now cradling his face in frustration. He felt hopeless and helpless once again.

“Find it,” were the last words spoken by the bald man before he ruffled Won Jin’s hair teasingly before releasing him, and flicking a small piece of paper in their direction as he exited the same way as his men before him.

Won Jin muttered some rude words under his breath, teeth clenched, trying to hide the embarrassment he felt as he corrected his hair and swept the back of his hand against his neck.

“Aish,” he muttered as a small mark of red stained his hand. Jaejoong patted him on the shoulder reassuringly, although he himself felt lost and unbearably angry with the situation, which had only escalated further - the exact opposite of their plan’s intention. Now Junsu was in danger too.

 

The three of them gathered their thoughts in the abandoned building for a little while longer before making their way back to Won Jin's taxi in silence; all kinds of important questions preying on their minds. Jaejoong had picked up the piece of paper thrown by the bald man. It read:

Meet same place, come with your end of the deal. You have 48 hours. 

Not wanting to think about what would happen if they didn't hand over ₩2,000,000,000, or even if they called the police, Jaejoong silently stuffed the piece of paper into the pocket of his jeans. 

 Won Jin called Yoochun to deliver the bad news.