The Lost Rabbit

Destiny in Autumn

Dara's POV

 

 

"Really?,you really don't like Jiyong?"

 

I was surprised when Sohee asked me that question with a worried face.

 

"I like him, but only as a friend." I assured her, and the worried face of her was changed by a smile.

 

 

 

*click*

 

He is now attending a meeting with her when he suddenly heard a click sound from his side. He turned around and blinded by a flash, he saw her holding a camera taking pictures of him.

 

"What are you doing?!You know I hate taking pictures!" he said looking irratated.

 

"I was just testing something."she checked the pictures that she just took.

 

"The name of the plan is "Operation Meet True Love!". People say that if you put a picture of the person you like underneath your pillow,you'll meet them in your dreams."she explained.

 

He looked at her"So, that's why you took a picture of me?"

 

"That's right."she looked back.

 

She suddenly stood up,holding her camera and exclaimed "I want to see Jaejoong in my dreams!!"

 

He almost fell of his seat when she did that.

 

 

 

'The person in my dream is . .' she thought as she remembered her dream last night.She glared at him while he turned around to her and raised his eyebrows.

 

'It's him.'

 

"What?"he asked.

 

She pinched both of his cheeks almost like stretching it and pulling it.

 

"Why are you smiling?!!"she continued stretching his cheeks.

 

'Me? Smiling? I'm not even smiling.' he thought.

 

She finally stopped pinching his cheeks and called him.

 

"Ji . ."

 

" . . .Didn't I tell you not to call my nickname." he said while carressing his aching cheeks.

 

She pouted "But Sohee gets to do it. Not fair."

 

"Well,she's special."he said not looking at her.

 

She suddenly felt sad hearing what he said about her being special to him.But she just tried to smile and forget about it. She continued taking pictures of him, while he keeps on telling her to stop it and blocking his face. She in the other hand is enjoying his funny and cute actions.

 

"Morning!" Jaejoong entered the room.

 

"Hey! You're taking pictures! I can do it let me!" he grabbed the camera from her.

 

"Your class is next door, why are you here?"he wondered.

 

"It's fine." he smiled at him.

 

He took different pictures like the ceiling,his hair, even insects like ants crawling on the floor. He also took pictures from different views. Like while lying on the floor. He looks . . . weird right now.

 

"What is he doing?" 

 

"Who knows?" the two whispered to each other.

 

" . . . you look stupid Jae" Sohee said as she just arrive.

 

He ignored what she said for he was totally enjoying what he's doing. He sat on the floor trying to look for a good object to take a picture. Then one thing caught his attention, the key chain on Dara's bag.

 

"Hey, Dara what's that? A rabbit?"he pointed at it  looking at her.

 

She blushed when he looked at her "Yeah,I think it's a rabbit." she replied.

 

"Actually,Jiyong got this for me in the amusement park."she added.

 

Sohee was surprised of what she just said then looked down.

 

"Right?" she turned to him.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Ah . . ?" he stared at her face then to the rabbit key chain.

 

"Yes?" she asked wondering what he's thinking.

 

"You two look alike.Are you related?" he joked.

 

"What?!" her eyes widened after hearing what he just said. He can't help but to laugh at at her expression while she look at him in disbelief.

 

*click*

 

Jaejoong secretly took a picture of them together, he laughing and she in wide eyes.

 

"Dara, I'll be going to develop the pictures now."he insisted.

 

"Are you sure?"she asked.

 

"Dara, why don't you go with him?" Jiyong suggested.

 

She gulped and look at Jiyong ' Nice, Jiyong!' she thought.

 

"Umm . . I, I want to go with Ji . "he smiled at her.She glared at Jiyong but before he met her glares he quickly looked away.

 

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

Jiyong keep on insisting that I should go with Dara, I don't even know why.But in the end he ended up joining me.I need to tell him something.I need to talk to him.

 

" . . .why am I here?So troublesome." he complained.

 

"It's fine occasionally." I said as I played the camera throwing it up then catching it.

 

I looked at him "Because recently you are always with Dara,right?"

 

"Not always . ." he denied.

 

"Why don't you guys go out already." I suggested.

 

" . . .why don't you stop all the questions?"

 

I stared at the camera in my hands " . .when I was leaving the amusement park with Sohee, I asked, "Is it okay if we go out again?"" I stopped the moment the camera reached my palm.

 

Then I throw the camera up again and continued "and then, she said "After I ask Ji." well . . . I think . .she likes you."

 

Jiyong stared at him not believing what he just said.

 

 

 

Dara's POV

 

I was chatting with Sohee when someone called me.

 

"Dara."

 

"Ah!Bommie!"

 

"Can we talk?" she asked.I nodded then she drag me along the hallway to the stairs.

 

"Dara . . . If you really like Jaejoong you should stop being friends with Sohee."

 

I looked at her curiously "Eh, why?"

 

"When she was in year 6 . . .she was going out with Jaejoong and Jiyong."

 

                                                 She looked at the rabbit key chain that was hanging in her bag.

 

I laughed nervously "What?No way year 6 is so young!"

 

                                                                      She held the key chain in her hands still looking at it.

 

"Then one day, a girl that liked Jaejoong said,

 

"Sohee-ssi, who do you like more? Jaejoong or Jiyong?"

 

"Why do I have to pick one?, is what she just said."

 

I stood still, I can't say a word.

  

                                                                                        Then she took  the key chain off her bag.

 

I'm now back here in the classroom and still thinking about what Bom said earlier.

 

I linked my fingers and place it in front of my face then closed my eyes ' . . .that can't be true. But . .' I thought as I recall what Jiyong told me about Sohee having few female friends because she always gets in trouble and about her being special. It's flooding my mind.

 

"I'm back." I felt someone tap my head. I looked around and saw Jiyong.

 

"This is the receipt for the pictures."

 

"Ohh . ." I took the receipt from him.

 

"Thanks." I thanked him while looking at the receipt.

 

". . .you don't sound well,are you okay?"he sounds worried.

 

" . . .I guess . ."I lied, I'm really not feeling well.

 

He suddenly stood up and tried facing me but I kept on turning my head to my side to avoid him.

 

"Just leave me alone!" I don't know what's gotten into me but for some reason . . . I feel irritated.

 

 

Ding! Dong!Ding! Dong!

 

 

The school bell rang, it means it's dismissal time. I put my books inside my bag and fixed my things. I was about to close my bag when I sensed that something is missing . . 

 

My eyes widened in horror "MY KEY CHAIN!!" I half shouted.

 

"Huh?What's wrong?" I heard Jiyong asked.

 

"The duck's gone."I answered without looking at him.

 

"Eh?How?"

 

"I don't know."I looked down thinking about the key chain.

 

"It's okay." he suddenly said, smiling."You can have mine." he offered.

 

I quickly got up from my chair,making him startled a bit "No thanks. That's not the problem."

 

" . . .Huh? Then what is the problem?"he asked.

 

"I don't know . . ." I said not looking at him.

 

I held my bag tightly,then looked straight at him "Jiyong, you moron! I HATE YOU!!" then dash out of the classroom.

 

I don't know why I'm feeling like this, I really feel so irritated.

 

'.. .Moron . .' 

 

'I totally snapped at him . .' I thought as I take my time in finding the key chain inside the trash can.

 

"Dara!" I heard someone called me, so I turned around.

 

"Oh! Jaejoong" I flashed him a smile.

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

 

"I'm looking for the rabbit key chain that was on my bag."

 

"Oh, you lost the rabbit?"

 

"Yeah, I can't find it" I said while scratching my head. 'I wonder if he'll help me.' I thought.

 

But he didn't, instead he just said. "Goodluck! I hope you find it!" I sighed.

 

"Oh yeah, do you know where Sohee or Ji is?" he asked me.

 

" .  . .Sorry, I don't know."  I replied.

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

'She had it with her this morning,so where is it now? If it was in the classroom, she would have found it. I guess it could be somewhere else in school?' I thought thinking about Dara's lost key chain.

 

As I was about to reach the bridge across the river I saw young boys playing, I just ignored them.

 

'Hmm . .' I thought still thinking about the key chain.

 

Then I heard the the young boys talking,

 

"Oh,look"

 

"What is that a rabbit?

 

"Bunny? Oh well whatever." he turned around and saw  the young boy throw the rabbit on the river.

 

His eyes opened wide "AHH!!!" he screamed as the rabbit fell on the river.

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

It's raining hard today, and I forgot to bring my umbrella.

 

'Arrgghh, what a horrible day. I couldn't even find the rabbbit.' I thought.

 

I was passing by the river when I saw someone familiar . . . wait is that . .?

 

"Jiyong!" I called him and then he turned around.

 

'Oh My Gaddh! He's soaking wet! What the hell is he doing in the river while raining?!' 


 

Thanks for reading!! ;))