Fate

Destiny in Autumn

 

 

                                                                                  "Fate, is something you create yourself."

 

 


 

 

That's what he said  the winter of middle school, year 3, when we were 15 years old. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now it's already springtime, and we're also in high school now. I barely got into the high school I wanted to go to. While with Jiyong, it's going well with him.We're now together. 

 

When I looked up the trees around me 'It's indeed springtime.' I can easily think.

 

"Opps! Sorry!" I said as I felt that I bump into someone, but what can I do, train stations in Seoul every morning is crowded and this is what we ride just to get to school and I'm getting late. "Gyaa!I'm sorry!" I bump into someone again, 'aissht!' 

 

'He might be still waiting for me! I hope he is!' I thought to myself.

 

And as soon as I saw a familiar figure worriedly checking the time on his watch "Jiyong!" I ran to him.

 

"Sorry!" I pant "I thought you'll leave without me again." 

 

"I was starting to think that you weren't going to come." he said "Ah, Dara . ." I caught him staring at ribbon of my uniform. 

 

"'Huh?"  

 

"Your ribbon's crooked again." he said while pointing his finger on it "Can I fix it?" he asked while I nodded. Jiyong is always the neat one I'm the different one. 

 

"Aren't most girls good at this sort of thing?" I heard him asked as he tugged my ribbon to fix it. I watched him as he fixed my ribbon neatly and gently.

 

"Rather, . . aren't most boys bad at this kind of thing?" I asked him 'You're the weird one Jiyong' I thought.

 

After he finished what he's doing "Hey, isn't it about time we get cellphones? They can come in handy." he said.

 

"Yeah," I smiled "Eventually!" 

 

"Hey!" he looked at me "you keep on saying that , but .. how much longer will we wait?Really." he ruffled my hair. "Hey! Stop!" he laugh at me playfully as he continued on ruffling my hair. After a while he did stopped.

 

"Oh." I saw Sohee in the other side of the train station "Isn't that Sohee-ssi?" I told Jiyong "Yeah . ." he replied. 

 

"Lately, I haven't seen Sohee-ssi and Jaejoong together in the mornings." 

 

"Ah- . .yeah, I heard that they're not good right now." I heard him said. 

 

"We really . ." I stop first " can't get together." but because of loud sound coming from the train, I think he didn't heard what I said.

 

 

 

 

 

About Sohee, she went to an all-girls school, but . .Jiyong, Jaejoong and I are in the same high school. 

 

"Then let's meet at the courtyard for lunch." Jiyong said as we made our way to our classrooms. "Okay" I replied while saluting my right hand to him.

 

He's in the advanced class and is often very busy. Jaejoong is in the same class as me. 

 

As I slide the door to my classroom I saw Jaejoong pass by me, he didn't even looked at me "Hey, Jaejoong!Where are you going?" I called him, I saw him carrying his bag. "I'm tired, . . so I'm leaving." he turned his back. 

 

'Um . . it's still morning' I thought. 

 

I saw one of my female classmate talking to him as he walk on the corridor "Oh, Jae, You're leaving?" he just nodded "Then, I'm also leaving."I heard her said. And so they did. 

 

I tried to stop him but I guess he didn't heard me.So I just completely ignored him and went inside the classroom. 

 

"Good Morning, Dara!" I heard my classmates greeted me as I let out a sigh. 

 

"That Jaejoong left again?" I heard someone asked.

 

"Regretfully." I replied.

 

"You both went to the same middle school, right?" I nodded "He's cute, but his attitude is kind of bad, huh?" I shooked my head left to right repeatedly as I disagreed of what she just said. "Back in middle school, he wasn't like this at all. He was . . he was .. " I started to get teary eyed while day dreaming thinking about the old Jaejoong "he was smiling, cute, and a very good boy!" they just laughed at me. 

 

But really, recently, Jaejoong has been acting really weird.

 

 

 

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong! 

 

 

It's lunchtime already, and since Jiyong and I made a promise to meet in the courtyard, I'm here waiting for him. 

 

"Jiyong's late . ." I felt the inside of my stomach grumble 'I want to eat already . .' I thought.

 

Fifteen minutes had passed and he's still not here. 'What's taking him sooo long? . .' so I decided to go up to his classroom and check on him. Well I couldn't wait any longer for him, I'm also getting late for my class. 'Advanced class looks really scary.' I thought as I peeked inside his classroom.

 

"Ah . . umm . .Where's Jiyong-ssi?" I asked the person near the door.

 

"Oh he's still in the computer room . ." he stared at me "AH!!Could it be?Dara-ssi?!" he point his fingers on me which startled me a bit."You're Jiyong's girlfriend?!"  

 

"Yes . ." I said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Crap I'm late." I mumbled as I look at my watch. I almost forgot about Dara, she might be waiting for me. 

 

As I was walking my way to the courtyard I saw a group of people in front of my classroom,chattering.

 

"She's his girlfriend?" 

 

"No way!"

 

'Huh?' I suddenly felt curious about what's going on so I checked it myself. I saw a familiar figure looking so nervous "Dara?!" 

 

"Oh . ." Heechul saw me "You're here. ERT." he said waving at me, smiling.

 

"Jiyong . ." I heard Dara whispered. 

 

Then Heechul caught my eye again and I remembered what he just said "Who's a ert?!" I frowned.

 

"But Dara-ssi said that you're  . .her first boyfriend." I saw him pouted. "But -" 

 

"What's with the BUT-?!" 

 

'I have a bad feeling about this . .' I thought to myself.

 

"But . ." I saw his eyes formed into tiny slits while he pointed at me "Dara's definitely NOT your first." I avoid his stares and tried to ignore him. 

 

I saw Dara looked at me "What?" she asked in a very low voice. I pretended not to hear her. While Heechul continued to tease me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She's been quiet the whole time we're eating our lunch. "Ah-" I thought of something to kill the silence "Oh, yeah! Did you hear?!" I asked excitedly. 

 

"Eh? What?" 

 

"I saw it in the newspaper this morning." I stood up and throw my trash "It said, "Destiny really does exist.""

 

"Well, it really does right?" she said.

 

"Yeah . . also back then." I looked at her first " You like Jae." 

 

"That's a thing of the past." she pouted. "Rather . ." she looked away from me "You were hiding that you had a girlfriend before." 

 

"NO!" I disagreed "I wasn't hiding it.It was in second year, and they were all really for a short while." I explained.

 

I thought our discussion is going to end but "What?-" she looks surprised ""THEY" . .? What ? What number am I?!"

 

'Crap.' I thought. "Ah . ." I don't have any choice but to answer her, and in fact it's in the past. 

 

"Th . ." 

 

"3?!"

 

"Fo . ."

 

"4?!" 

 

I kneeled down in front of her "Hey . . Dara?" I stared at her hands and held it "I don't have . . any ease."

 

I looked up to her "Jiyong . ." she mumbled "Then, can you go shopping with me today?" she smiled. 

 

"Ah, sorry. Today's prep school." I reasoned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Ah . . in the end, I'm by myself again-' she thought to herself, just then she saw 'him' walking alone passing by her.

 

"Jaejoong!" she went over to him and patted his back "Are you all by youself?" 

 

He turned to her "Oh, Dara." then he looks around "Ji's not with you?"

 

"He's still at school." she replied. "The advanced class has a lot of lessons, and right after that, he has to go to prep school." she said looking serious.

 

"Ah . ." 

 

She continued "We can only see each other thirty minutes per day! Before school, fifteen minutes, Lunch, fifteen minutes." she complained.

 

"Oh yeah, Jaejoong." she said to him brightly "Can you help me shopping?" 

 

"Sure." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks!You were a great help!" they finally finished shopping and decided to eat on a food chain "I probably couldn't have chosen myself."

 

"That's good." he said.

 

"Yeah." she grinned "Oh yeah, how are you and Sohee-ssi?" she asked him "I mean are you two having fights?" 

 

He was surprised by her sudden question "Don't say that kind of thing suddenly ." 

 

"Sorry . . but Jiyong was also worried."

 

"What? Ji, no way." he said as he took a sip on his drink. 

 

'Jaejoong . .' she stared at him in worry. 

 

"But really, you don't have to worry." he said "The reason was really trivial." he added.

 

"Really?" she asked again while he just give her a smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He just finished from prep school and decided to go eat first for he was too hungry already. He went to the nearest food chain from where he is, but then when he's finally in front of the food chain he saw 'her' eating with 'him'. His eyes widened from what he saw, it pains him. He was frozen from his spot. He doesn't know what to do. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

 

I just got home after going shopping with Jaejoong. I just finished taking a bath too when I heard the phone rang so I immediately answered it.

 

"Hello?" I was suprised when I heard the voice of the caller "I . .I'm Jiyong from Seoul High School." I can't help but to think how nervous he looks right now haha "Is Dara-ssi -" 

 

"Hi,it's me Dara."

 

"What?! Why didn't you tell me first! Aissht!" he sounds annoyed. 

 

"What happened? It's rare for you to call." I asked him.

 

"Can you come out right now?" he asked me so I sneakily went out of our house.

 

 

 

 

I was panting, coughing when I reached to where he is. I was only wearing a sando so it's surely is cold. I was rubbing my hands on the side of my arms as I stood there in front of him.

 

"D . .did something happen?!" I asked.

 

"Ah, sorry. I called you out here with no real purpose. What were you doing?" he asked.

 

"Um ..  I was taking a bath." 

 

"What?!" that startled me a bit "You can't be wearing that!" he panicked.

 

"I was in a hurry." I said to him "You only have  . . a little time right?" I smiled while looking down. 

 

I felt a pair of arms around me then I saw him covering me with his school uniform's jacket. 

 

"Ah! No, I'm okay!" I tried to give him back his jacket but I failed.

 

"No." 

 

He continued "It's not only 'a little time', so wear it." I blushed. "By the way, did you go shopping today?" he asked.

 

"I did."

 

"With whom?" 

 

"By myself, but I met Jaejoong on the way so he helped me buy this." I get something from my pocket " Ta-da! heart" I showed him the new cellphone a bought.

 

"Ah!" 

 

"I finally saved up enough money so . . thanks for waiting!" I smiled widely. Then he suddenly pulled me into a hug. 

 

"Dara, can I kiss you?" first I was surprised when I heard him said that, I feel nervous, but when I saw him looking at my eyes lovingly . .

 

"Yes." that's what I said. And then I felt our lips touched it was magic. Everything feels so right. It's just too perfect that I feel like crying. 

 

"Eh?I'm sorry. ." I heard him apologized as I felt that I can't control my tears anymore.

 

"Sorry? Why are you apologizing? It's not that." I said.

 

"Then why are you crying?" 

 

"I'm happy . ." I smiled "that . . my first was with you." I felt my cheeks getting hot.

 

"Umm . ." I heard him mumbled "Sorry, but . ." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

He leaned down on me and whispered something on my ear "Your last, . . will probably me too." I totally lost it.

 

After a few minutes he told me to go home already since  it's getting late, so we bid our goodbyes and goodnights. 

 

"Kyaaa~~~" I squeeled like a girl having a crush once I entered my room and closed the door. 'I'm sort of embarrassed.' I thought. I didn't even realized that his jacket is still with me!

 

'Can I still catch him . .?' I thought as I ran on the street, thinking that I should give Jiyong his jacket. 

 

"Don't say no . ." I heard a familiar voice that stop me from my tracks. "You should continue going out with me . ." I saw Jaejoong and Sohee talking on the park.  But I decided to continue running and not bother them because from what I see, they're talking about something serious something that only them should hear. 

 

But he continued " . . since it seems that Ji isn't interested in you anymore." that caught my attention again. I hid behind the tree behind them. 

 

"I actually . ." I hear Sohee spoke "like Ji more, so . . I'm leaving you Jae." my hand automatically went to cover my mouth, can't believe of what I just heard.

 

'Wait . . What? . .' I thought. ' I need to get out of th-'

 

Ring! Ring!

 

But suddenly my phone rang 'aishht!' 

 

"Who's there?" I heard Jaejoong asked. I pressed the end button immediately and saw that it was Jiyong who was calling.I have no choice but to face him so I did.

 

"Dara . .?"

 

"Sorry . ." I said looking nervous "Um, I . . was just passing by, so I wasn't trying to eavesdrop or any-" I was explaining then I saw tears on his face.

 

"Ummm . ." I mumbled 'Aigooo . . did I made him cry?' I asked myself.

 

"Jaejoong?!" I was in panicked thinking that it's my fault that he's crying. Then suddenly I felt him grabbed me and leaned down his face on my right shoulder. 

 

"Jae . .joong?" I was worried of his sudden action.

 

"Sorry . ." I felt his wet tears on my shoulder "Just for now . ." he said. 

 

The early cicada sings.

 

Little by little, spring . .is trying to end.

 


 

Veeeeery long chapter. :) 

 

Thanks guys!