Winter

Destiny in Autumn

 

 

It's already winter, it has also been weeks since they last talked with each other. Jiyong tried talking to Dara. But the more he does, the more she avoids him. It was also very hard for her to avoid him, since they' are seatmates ,but this is what she needs to do.

 

 

 

She let out a deep breathe once she felt the cold breeze from the school building "See! Even inside the building my breathe is all white!" she told Bom as they make their way in the faculty room.

 

"Yeah, it's cold today." Bom agreed,while also looking outside.

 

Dara copied her and also looked at the scenery outside the window "I wonder if it's going to snow . . " she asked herself  "Oh . ." there were two people who caught her attention- Sohee and Jiyong- she saw them talking seriously, again she felt a slight pain in her heart but she tried to ignore it. Good thing Bom disturb her.

 

"What is it?" she asked her curiously as she noticed her staring outside.

 

She immediately turned to her "Eh?" she smiled widely trying to hide the pain she's feeling "nothing! Let's hurry up! hehe" 

 

"O . .okay." 

 

She stared at the couple again 'Jiyong, are we . . meant to be like this?' she thought.

 

 

 

 

It's already their dismissal and Dara decided to go home with Bom "Look! Snow!" she heard Bom said.

 

"What?!" she panicked since she remembered that she left her umbrella in their classroom "My umbrella's in the classroom!Hey! Don't wait for me anymore cause it's getting late. Okay? Bye!" she waved at her as she climbed the stairs back to her classroom. 

 

When she slide the door making her way inside their classroom she saw 'him' sitting, leaning down his head on his desk sleeping. 'It's Jiyong . .'she thought. 

 

She almost forgot the reason why she's there but then she remembered 'My umbrella . .' she walk to her desk beside him, she kneeled down to get her umbrella under her desk. 

 

"Nmm . ." she was startled a bit and felt her heart jump a little when she heard him moan thinking that he's already awake . But then when she turned her back she saw him still sleeping. 'Kyeopta, he's smiling.' she can't help but to admire the guy sleeping in front of him.

 

'Jiyong . .' it's like her hands are moving by itself as she see suddenly felt herself now gently touching his hair.She stared at him from his hair to his eyes to his cheeks . .she didn't know what's gotten in to her, but 'I missed you . .' she kissed him on his cheek.

 

"Oh, it's the real thing." she immediately stood up as she heard the him speak.

 

"You . . were awake??!!" 

 

"No, I was asleep.When I woke up, you were standing right there." she felt her heart slow its pace 'Good, I thought he caught me.' she closed her eyes and let out a sigh.

 

"I thought I was still dreaming." he said, which makes her feel curious "Huh?" 


He smiled  "My dream . .was from the time we went  . . to the amusement park." she blushed as she remembered that day. The night  that they spend together alone. 

 

"You said,"Destiny really does exist.".

 

'So, he still remembers it.' she thought "But, it does."

 

"That's stupid.Then what about right now?" she stared at his eyes "Is this fate?  . .Are you okay with this?" he asked.There was a moment of silence between them "Hey . ." he stared at her.

 

 

 

She knows that he's waiting for her in their classroom, well he said that he's going to tell her something. When she's already in front of the classroom she saw 'her' with him. 'Uneasy'  that was she felt at that time. Seeing her with him, make her feel uneasy. So without any second thoughts, she dashed inside the room "Sorry, were you waiting?!" her uneasy face was immediately changed into a concerned face "The meeting took a long time, I'm sorry." she ignored     the girl beside him "What do you want to talk about Ji?" she asked "Sohee, wait a minute."

 

"I'll be going now." she bid her goodbye, faking a smile.

 

He stood up from his seat "Dara, Wait!" he tried to stop her. "Your answer! Are you fine with this?!" he saw her stop on her tracks "Whether I'm okay with it or not, it doesn't matter." she said with her back facing him. "At the very least, let's remain friends." 'friends' he was honest to his self that he doesn't want to be just friends with her, but he can't do anything.

 

With that she completely made her way out of the room. They were both left alone. He and Sohee. 

 

"Ji,did Dara-ssi just give up on you?" she asked him but he just ignored it. He felt his cheek hot as he touched it, it's like  "Is there something wrong with your cheek?" he heard her asked "No, not really." he shook his head 'no' " Anyway, Sohee . ." he got his bag "I've already told you not to call me 'Ji' anymore.I know I keep saying this but, I can't protect you anymore." he looked at her face and saw her already crying.

 

"But I need you Ji!" she cried "I need you!" 

 

But he's already tired of this, he needs to end this "It's no use crying over this." he held her hands "There are others who will protect you.This discussion is over." he patted her head as he made his way out.

 

"Oh yeah, one more thing . ." he turned around to face her "Jae said, that he'll be waiting for you in the library."

 

 

 

 

 

"We're changing seats again?!" I said aloud, surprised that we're already changing seats 'Time sure flies fast' I thought.

 

"When?" I asked Bom. 

 

"It's suppose to happen today because of testing other things, it's so annoying!" she groaned. 

 

"Oh, a seat change." this means, I and Jiyong . .

 

'I'm so stupid!" I thought to myself. 'I didn't think that . . we'd have to sit far apart from each other.' 

 

"Jiyong-ssi, draw a number." I heard Sohee's voice, weird, she's not calling him 'Ji' anymore. 

 

"Oh. ." I watched him as he draw a number from the box. Maybe he caught me staring at him . . maybe. I peeked at what number his seat is. 

 

'14 . .seat number 14' after he draw his number I draw next. 'I'm number 21 . . we're very far from each other.' I sighed 'I knew this would happen. . .'

 

"Hey, hey, Dara, . .where's your seat?" Bom asked while smiling ear to ear "It's at the very back , near the side door." she wants something from me. 

 

"Okay, switch with me." I knew it, I know her too much."No!Your seat is in the front!" I rejected her.

 

"Yeah ...I guess Jiyong's about the only person who will switch with someone in the front.

 

"Huh?!" I was again surprised of what she said, 'what is she saying?' I thought.

 

"Didn't you force him to change seats last time?! Are you going to force him again?!" I asked her.

 

I saw her frowned "How rude! I . ." she point a finger on her face " . .switched numbers for him!" 

 

'That's why last time he asked what seat number I am . .' 

 

"Hey, did you hear? . ." I heard my classmates chatting "Jaejoong . . is finally going out with Sohee!" that's what I heard, I'm happy for Jaejoong. 

 

But me, I think I'm not . . I think that 'Maybe I'm missing something important. .' I heard somone clattering beside me carrying his desk. 'It can't be . .' I thought as I felt that it was 'him'.But then I saw the rabbit keychain hanging on the bag.

 

'What . .' I thought as I looked at that person's face. "Hey . ." he sat down. I don't know but I felt a tear escaping in my eyes.

 

"Jiyong, this time you're definitely switching with me.I like the back too you know." I heard one of my classmate spoke to him. "I'm really sorry!" I heard him said. 

 

"Why?" I asked not looking at him.

 

"Dara, there is no such thing as destiny." slowly , I felt his hands already touching mine, he continued "but, if there is one, . . it had be . .something you'd be able to create on your own."

 

                                                                           'On my 15th winter, .  . that's what he said.'