Only me.

Destiny in Autumn

"Hey, is Ji here?"

 

When I realized that, that was Sohee behind the door. I don't know, but I felt scared. My heart thump a little.

 

There's something in me that I don't want her to see Jiyong. "Oh . .I think he just left." I said while smiling, although I knew to myself that I'm lying. 

 

"I see . ." with that she left.

 

I let a sigh of relief. "Hey, wasn't that Sohee?" I turned my back when I heard Jiyong spoke.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Why did you said that I'm not here?" 

 

'Yeah why did I lie?' I started thinking to myself. 'Why did I say that lie to Sohee?' But even before I thought of a good reason.

 

"I have to go know." I heard Jiyong said.

 

I felt pain struck my heart "Eh? Wae?"

 

"Huh?. . Because she might be in trouble." By the 'she' I already knew that he meant Sohee. Sohee again. I saw him leaving, making his way to the door.I had the urged to stop him. So before he can open the door, I grab him by the clothe he's wearing.

 

"You can't leave. Stay with me, please." I beg. I tried to hide my now flash face by looking down.

 

I saw him trying to cover his face, I guess I'm not the only one who is feeling embarrass right now "Ahh . . Oh . . Well . ."  I thought he's going to say ' Oh Okay.' but I'm wrong. Instead he said "I promise, I will come right back!" he said in a rush."Just wait for me in a minute!Arasso?" All I can do is to stare at him in disbelief.

 

I stood there, looking down again, but not because of embarrassment but bacause I'm trying to hide the tears that is forming in my eyes.  "Kwon Jiyong, you IDIOT!" I shouted at him trying to get his attention. he stopped running as he looked at me. I saw his eyes widened.

 

I continued "I knew it was too good to be true! Sohee-ssi, she's . . the most important person for you. Not me!"

 

"You're wrong!"he immediately replied "Sohee is . .just a childhood friend, don't you know that?" he was looking at me with his concern face.

 

I looked away from him "I don't know that, what I do know is that . ." I remembered Sohee's face and the things that she said to me before "  . .she is your first love. You always protect her. And she is special to you."

 

"At first I thought that . . I wouldn't be bothered about it, but . .I'm sorry I can't.I just can't."I was suppressing the forming tears in my eyes from coming out, I don't want him to see me crying. 

 

I looked at his eyes and tried to fake a smile "Oh, I'll go get your wet clothes first.So you can go to where Sohee-ssi is right now." I said as I made my way inside the nurse's office. When I was already inside the office I locked the door immediately and leaned back on it. I heard him calling my name, banging on the door.

 

"Dara! Open the door! Let's talk!" I can't try to hold my tears from flowing anymore. I can't help but to cry.

 

"Dara! Hey! Why?! . ." I felt a loud thud behind me. After a few minutes, he stopped.

 

I heard his weak cries  "You said that . . you like me." 

 

 

'Yes that's true I like you . .' that's the words I want to say to him, but I guess I can't. I can't right now. "I . . I want you, Jiyong . . to care only about me." I said still crying.

 

I know I'm being selfish but . . I don't want to enter a relationship knowing that his main priority is not me. Yes he said  he likes me, but he protects her more, he cares for her more, and what if he realizes someday that he loves her more.

 


 

 

Thank you all for reading and subscribing! ^^ Hope for your suggestions and comments!