The Great Escape

Titans Part 2

Baekhyun awoke with no recollection of where he was or how he got there, but there he was, sitting in an overly sized bedroom with sky blue walls and wooden bookshelves. He could only remember Tao saying something about going back in time and everything went white. His head hurt trying to think about it, so he opted to explore the room instead. Pictures full of memories he didn’t have lined the walls and he recognized D.O., Kai, Chen, and, most importantly, Chanyeol. Where was Chanyeol now? Was he okay? Would he ever get to see the boy again?

Shaking the depressing thoughts from his head, he cautiously headed downstairs. An older couple was waiting in the kitchen, the woman cooking and the man reading a newspaper.

“Oh Baekhyunnie, you’re up so early,” the woman gleamed with joy. “Breakfast is done, so why don’t you have a seat at the table with your father?”

Father? Baekhyun didn’t recognize the man or woman before him, they didn’t look anything like his parents. Then again, he never really did get to see his parents often. They sent him off to a permanent care center and hardly visited him. These people could actually be my parents.

“How are you feeling?” The man asked grumpily, not even bothering to make eye contact.

“Um… I’m good, I guess.”

“Did you think about what we told you?” His “mother” served him a hot plate of French toast and fried eggs.

“About what you told me?” Baekhyun looked up in confusion.

“Awe honey, its okay if you still need time to let it settle in,” she gentle rubbed his hand. That’s when Baekhyun noticed the tattoo on the back of his hand, the Titan symbol for light. A sliver of it was missing, but he was completely sure of what it was.

“Is something the matter?” She asked, noting the intense way Baekhyun had been staring at their hands.

“Um, when did this get here?” He pointed to his hand.

“The freckle?”

“No, not that,” Baekhyun furrowed his brow, “Can you not see it?”

“Silly boy, there isn’t anything on your hand. What an imagination you have, my Baekhyunnie,” she tussled his hair lightly.

“And since when was my hair such a dark brown?” Baekhyun distinctly remember his hair being a much lighter color then the fringe hanging in front of his eyes.

“You dyed it yesterday. You can’t have such a ridiculous hair color if you want to become a doctor.”

“A doctor?!”

Both of the parents looked at each other with concern. “Perhaps you should lay back down Baekhyun. You obviously haven’t learned your lesson yet,” Baekhyun was grabbed by the wrist and dragged back up the steps. He was shoved back into the room and a lock clicked behind him.

“Learned my lesson? Being a doctor? What the heck are you guys talking about?” Baekhyun shouted behind the door, furiously trying to open it. The door was locked from the outside.

What was going on? No matter how hard he thought, nothing came to mind. He had no clue where he was or why his parents were being like this. That wouldn’t deter him though, he was a master at escaping.

Or, at least, Chanyeol was. He’d always follow Chanyeol’s lead whenever they were sneaking about or trying to unlock their bedroom door whenever it got stuck.

Either way, he didn’t appreciate being locked in a room when they’d given him no explanation as to why. He was going to get out one way or another. Searching the shelves, all he could find were books full of ‘guides to successful careers’ and human anatomy tomes. Baekhyun had never thought about being a doctor, he hadn’t really thought about a career since he’d been locked up and kept watch over since the age of eight. All he used to think about was the life he could’ve had outside of the apartment walls. Or perhaps being a singer.

Digging through clothes dresser inside the walk-in closet, he found a collection of composition books and loose papers held together with rubber bands hidden under a stack of underwear. There were ten or so notebooks, every two books were rubber banded together. Each had an age range on the cover. They appeared to be journals of his, seeing as the handwriting was his but he’d never written any of this.

Perhaps this could help him figure out what was happening!

He wouldn’t read all of them, just skiming through the last few entries. He chuckled to himself when he thought about how he almost felt bad for reading his own diary.

 

Dear Reader,

            Hi, it’s me again. I didn’t expect to be writing in this ever again… but here I am. My parents brought me back home because they found out about everything. They found out I wasn’t going to college to be a doctor, that I was in the school’s choir and in the art club. I know they’d be upset about this, but grounding a grown man? Really? They’re controlling my life again and I can’t stand them. They don’t want me to be happy, do they?

I don’t regret it though, afterall, I got to be with Chanyeol again~ Him and I got to go out and be a couple for once. Oh, and I got to see Kyungsoo again and he got together with his childhood crush, a punk named Jongin. Funny thing is: Kyungsoo became a teacher and Jongin is one of his students! Hahaha, so scandalous~~ At least they can be happy.

Because, apparently, I’m not allowed to be, not according to my parents. Maybe after I finish schooling and settle into a steady career they’ll finally get off my . I hope they do, that way I can be with Yeol and dye my hair whatever color I please and be ME for once... I’d really like that.

I guess there are more entries to come since I’m caged up again,

Byun Baekhyun.

 

Underneath the page was a yellow sticky note, with an address written on it. There was no name, but Baekhyun knew that he must’ve been planning to go there eventually, so it was worth a shot. Maybe it would lead him to Chanyeol…

Maybe not.

But he had to try, it would be 10x better than just lingering around with nothing else to do but wait for those crazy people to let him out. Pulling the dresser forward slightly, he noticed something tumble over behind the dresser. It was a backpack full of clothes, money, bus passes, maps… everything he needed to travel. There is enough stuff here to last a couple of weeks.

Taking his findings as a sign that he was bound to make the journey anyway, all Baekhyun needed now was a way out of the room. He pushed aside the curtains in the room, hoping to make a quick escape out the window, but there were iron bars sealing it shut and a note: Nice try- Dad.

Getting more desperate and feeling suffocated again, Baekhyun went into the bathroom to splash water on his face. He hated the feeling of being trapped, for obvious reasons. Peering to his left, he saw a small window in the bathroom and he had no idea if he’d even fit through it. Right outside was a landing he could climb out onto and jump down to the ground. It’s almost too easy, Baekhyun thought to himself. Tossing the bag out first, Baekhyun squeezed legs first out. The window pressed uncomfortably tight against and he was stuck in an awkward position as his feet slowly reach the landing.

Suddenly he heard a click, the sound of a door being unlocked with a key. He had to hurry, there was no time to ease his way out anymore.

“Baekhyunnie, where are you sweetheart?” His mother called out.

Shimmying the rest of his body out of the small window, he slammed it shut. Baekhyun grabbed his bag and jumped down.

“Ahhhhhh!” He knew he landed on his ankle wrong based on the amount of pain that shot up his leg. Gathering all his strength, he raced towards the end of the street turning down a small alley way when he heard the engine of a car start and voices shouting his name. He wasn’t going to get caught, he couldn’t afford to.

 

Baekhyun realized how out of shape he was, running for only a couple of minutes and feeling out of shape. There was a shaded park nearby, he figured he could rest up there and make traveling plans. It felt so good for him to sit down. Since his adrenaline was no longer rushing through his blood, pain was starting to set in. There were marks on his stomach and chest where the window pressed up against him and his ankle was throbbing.

Looking inside one of the front pockets of the bag, he found an address book, a map to the location that’d been written on a sticky note in his journal, a pack of gum, a bag of quarters, and phone numbers scribbled on loose paper.

There was Kyungsoo’s (D.O.’s) number.

He searched around for a payphone and spotted it on the other side of the park. “Curse whoever designed the layout of this place,” he started limping over.

“Excuse me? Do you need help?” A man with slick black hair offered.

Baekhyun remember his face, but from where? It wasn’t someone he knew personally, he was someone Baekhyun had met only once. His memory was quite foggy.

“Have we met before? I think… I think I know you.”

“We have,” he smirked, “Its good that you're forgetting.”

“Forgeting?”

“Its all for you guy’s own good.” Suddenly the man covered Baekhyun’s mouth with a cloth and pushed him to the ground.

In his last moments of consciousness, he remember who the man was. He was Siwon, the Ancestor Titan of Fire. He was that titan before Chanyeol was. And he was against them. Baekhyun was being kidnapped by one of the bad guys and couldn’t move a single muscle to stop him.

***

Important A/N: Hi guys, I sincerly apologize for making all of you wait so long for an update. To be completely honest, I wasn't really looking forward to updating due to recent events. I have my own opinions on things that've happen with EXO recently but I will not share them here nor do I expect anyone's opinions in the comments. Please be respectful. Please. I will contiune to update all of my stories as usual, no matter what happens.

Sorry for such a serious author's note, I just feel like I need to let everyone reading know, I will update my stories and I will not comment any personal opinions in my stories. I just want you all to remember, We Are One. We have to let things play out because they aren't things we can control. So please, no negative comments (they'll be deleted anyway but no one wants to see them). Lots of love~ -Keyomi713