Information

Titans Part 2

Luhan carefully studied the younger’s expression as he searched through the phone. The younger furrowed his brows and looked extremely distraught, combing his hand through his hair several times. As he continued scanning through messages, Luhan could see the younger’s eyes moisten. He bit his lip harshly to hold back his tears. Luhan hesitantly placed his hand on Sehun’s arm.

“Maybe…maybe you should just stop,” Luhan suggested with a smile.

But Sehun shook off his hand and headed to sit on the bottom bunk near the back of the trailer. Luhan didn’t know what to do; should he forcefully snatch the phone away, or should he allow the younger to remain so upset? The older cleared his throat to catch Sehun’s attention.

“I’m going to go outside and look around a bit, okay? I’m getting kind of hungry.”

Rather than a decent reply, the younger brunette faintly nodded. Luhan pouted his lips before taking off. He couldn’t understand what could possibly be on his phone, he was really curious though. He’d only walked a few steps before realizing what a small town he’d pulled off of the highway to. Luhan spotted a small Chinese restaurant not far from the trailer, so he headed in that direction, hoping maybe he could converse to one of the employees.

“H-h-hi.” Luhan stuttered in Chinese.

The register woman gave him a confused stare. “Sorry, I thought you spoke Chinese here.” He mumbled in Korean.

“Oh, sorry. I don’t speak Mandarin, but my boss does. Do you want to talk to him?”

“Sure.” Luhan shrugged, what did he have to lose?

She left into the backroom momentarily before returning with a young man with blonde hair. Luhan couldn’t recognize where he knew the face, but it seemed so familiar. The man, who couldn’t be any older than 25, led him to one of the many empty tables.

“Hi,” he said in Mandarin.

“Hi,” Luhan half-smiled.

“My name’s Henry, Lau Henry. I am twenty four years old. And you?” The boss spoke in very robotic Chinese, it almost seemed like he was mocking him with how slowly he was speaking.

“Um… I’m Luhan. Are you speaking like that on purpose?”

“Oh, wow; you speak really well,” he laughed. “Do you want to practice speaking some more?”

Practice?! “I’m from China…”

“Oh really? My bad, I thought you were just learning and coming here to test out your skills. That’s what a lot of people usually do haha. So what can I help you with?”

“Well,” Luhan started, nervously scratching the back of his neck, “I’m kind of lost and have no idea where I’m going.”

“Where are you heading?”

“That’s just it… I have no idea. I need to meet up with a group of people but I have no idea where they are.”

“Does that have something to do with your tattoo?” Henry gestured to the design printed in black on the back of Luhan’s hand.

“Yeah, actually.” Luhan blinked a few times. Was it just him or did it appear that another slice had been taken off from the design. This was making him really nervous, as if this was counting down to something. “I don’t know, I just felt like you could help me...”

Henry smiled, “You have ten days from now until the paradox is resolved. Find the others before then.”

“What the heck?” Luhan stood up. Now he recognized the face, Henry Lau was the original Titan of Light before Baekhyun was. “How did-how did you know that?”

“Know what?” The older played innocent before a smile crept across his face. “Well, if you’re looking to meet up with a large group of people, you should probably go to a place all of you know about. Seoul seems like a good choice since it’s such a big city.” Henry walked behind the check-out counter.

“Like where?”

“Will that be all for your order?” He pulled out a random bag from under the counter.

“What? I didn’t—“

Henry handed him the bag before waving the younger away. Luhan persistently denied making such an order and continued to question, to which Henry wouldn’t respond. He decided to just give up and head back to the trailer. At least he had a little more information.  You have ten days from now until the paradox is resolved. Find the others before then.

“Where the heck did you go?” Sehun shouted as soon as Luhan had entered up the small steps.

Luhan cocked his head to the side. “I told you, I went to go get food.” He held up the small bag that Henry had given him.

“Why didn’t you tell me where you were going at least?” Sehun raised up from his seat.

“We don’t even know where—I told you I was going to look around but you were so absorbed with what was on my phone that you must’ve not been paying attention. So, what the heck was on it anyway?”

“Nothing.” Sehun threw the phone aside on the bed.

“Hey, it’s my phone. I at least have the right to know what you saw on it right? Give it back to me, maybe Henry will translate it for me.” Luhan stuck his hand out and waited for Sehun to comply. But he didn’t.

“Who the heck is Henry?!” Sehun shouted.

“Why are you getting so defensive?!” Luhan shot back, which caused the younger to stutter.

“Y-you’re right, I’m thorry.” He bit the inside of his cheek. “All that was on there was a bunch of texts from you and Jon-I mean Kai.” Sehun coughed awkwardly, “Tho um… who ith Henry?” He asked more calmly this time and his lisp returned since he wasn’t yelling anymore.

“He was an employee at the Chinese restaurant I went to. Back in the other timeline, he was Baekhyun’s ancestor; the other Titan of Light. He said something strange to me; 'You have ten days from now until the paradox is resolved. Find the others before then.'” Luhan relayed to the younger.

“How did he—did he thay anything elthe?”

“He also said something about going to Seoul, but I checked the map… we’re in Busan. How far is that from Seoul?” Luhan asked.

Sehun’s jaw dropped. They were on the opposite side of the country. The two of them had less than ten days to drive there. “It’th going to be a long road trip. We’d better thtart heading there now. Thee if you can get back on the interstate, I’ll pull up a GPS on my phone or thomthing.” Sehun pulled the touch screen electric out of his pocket. “Oh yeah, here'th your phone,” the younger returned the item.

Luhan checked his recent texts and saw all of the ones from Sehun were deleted. He was slightly curious about himself in this world, but Sehun didn’t seem like he’d budge. So Luhan started the ignition and headed back on the road.