Save the Bacon

Titans Part 2

Chanyeol wasn’t the type of person that liked being unhappy, in fact, he almost always has a smile or grin on his face. He just wanted to make people happy. This wasn’t one of those times when he tried being happy, he was just really confused. The bedroom he was in was unfamiliar but it almost appeared as if he’d designed and decorated it himself. Rolling out of bed, he traveled downstairs into the living room.

“About time you got up, I was just about to wake you up.”

“W-wake me up? For what?” He played along, not understanding the situation he was in at all. He was talking to his father. He hadn’t talked to his parents since they turned him in to the police for being a Titan.

“College, duh. See, this is why I told you it’d be a bad idea for you to move out. Who else would keep track of your life for you,” the older man laughed at him.

“College? Where do I go to college?”

“Oh Chanyeol, you’re finally awake,” his mother entered the room.

“Yeah”

“Don’t you have to leave soon?”

“Um, yeah. I guess I’ll head out?”

“What about your book bag? And put on proper clothes, geez Chanyeollie. You can’t just go in your pajamas.”

He reluctantly climbed the steps to find something to wear. Figuring he probably wasn’t going to figure out where his college was and not wanting to keep looking stupid in front of his parents, Chanyeol grabbed his wallet and cellphone and a back pack. He was going to do some sight-seeing of his surroundings.

“Bye.”

Things were defiantly odd. The last thing he remembered was Tao saying he’d turn back time. Where was he now though? And where are the others? Where is Baekhyun?

Speaking of the brown-haired boy, Chanyeol found it strange not being near him. The two have been inseparable since they were young. They were like magnets, always drawn to each other. Best friends forever. How’d he find here?

Chanyeol sighed with frustration and investigated the text messages and call logs in his phone. He’d never owned his own, he’d always borrow his friend’s to call people. He noticed a repetitious schedule in which the same unknown caller would contact him. Perhaps they’re close to him and can help explain what’s going on.

 

  It rang a few times before he could hear the phone click. “Hello?” a deep voice breathed out on the other end.

“Who is this?”

“Oh Chanyeol, how wonderful for you to call. I had a feeling I’d be hearing from you soon.”

“Siwon?!”

“I stole your boyfriend’s phone from him. Your probably wondering where he is, huh?  I’ve kidnapped him. He’s safe and sound but if you want him, you’re going have to come for him with the directions I’m about to send you. Don’t think it’ll be easy boy. Hehehe, I look forward to your arrival.”

The phone buzzed. He hung up. Siwon kidnapped Baekhyun! Right as he got a text with an address, someone began calling him, a friend this time.

“Kyungsoo~ I’m glad to hear from you.”

“My battery is about to die, but just listen to what I have to say-”

“Wait, something happened. Si-“

“Chanyeol, I’m sorry but listen really quickly. This is a different timeline than the one we’re from, our lives if we’d never been Titans, now we’ve only got nine days until we all have to meet up again. You have to come to Namsan Tower in Seoul. If all of us aren’t there, we’ll lose our memories.”

“Oh? I don’t know where I am but Baekhyun has been captured by Siwon. I knew he was against us before but who knew he’d go that far.”

There was no response, no reaction, no breathing. The call had been disconnected. Damn it!

“Looks like saving Baek is going to be a solo mission for me. And both of us have to get to that tower, in nine days. That’s do-able.”

Swinging inside the nearest café, Chanyeol commenced Mission: Save the Bacon. Yes, the name was childish but that was his personality. Being childish and cute came naturally. He’s tried serious and stern but that just didn’t fit him. His hair is red for Pete’s sake, no one would take a bright red-haired Asian seriously anyway.

Siwon had sent him an address, and, of course, it was far away from where he was. About a three hour train ride. But he didn’t have the special train card. He briefly checked through his book bag earlier and noted the bus pass and laptop. The only thing was… it was a six hour drive with lightly traffic. Chanyeol sipped on his coffee and continued to look up possible routes he could take all the way to Busan. And from what his laptop was telling him, he was closer to the capital than that city. That means he’d ride all the way down there just to have to come back. Stupid Siwon.

Adjusting his snapback, Chanyeol packed up his stuff and paid for the drink he’d ordered. He decided it would be quicker to switch buses rather than having to wait on them, since they waited a good twenty minutes at each stop. Take bus #21 for four stops, switch to bus #7 for a stop, moderately jog half a mile to bus #15 and ride that for six stops, then board bus #9 for 8 stops, and then finally he’d be in the same neighborhood as Baekhyun. Simple enough and it saved him an hour and 3 bucks.

 

Not hard to remember the route.

Nope.

Not at all.

 

But good thing Chanyeol wrote it all down.

Just in case.

 

Filing into the crowded bus, Chanyeol sat in the first available seat since it seemed like the only one he’d get. Someone was sitting beside him, someone that wasn’t quite a stranger but not a friend. His memory was unusually foggy this morning.

“Where might you be heading?”

“To the Busan area,” Chanyeol answered casually.

“That’s a-ways away from here boy. What’re you going there for?” The stranger in the military uniform asked.

“My friend.”

“A girlfriend?”

“A boyfriend,” Chanyeol cleared his throat awkwardly. Him and Baekhyun were considered dating right?

“How cute. I’m actually about to visit my boyfriend as well,” the man smirked.

“…It’s not really a visit, more of a rescue mission…”

“What happened, Chanyeol?”

“How do you-“

“Leeteuk, Ancestor Titan of Water. We’ve met before. Anyway, explain what’s going on now. I know about the whole Namsan Tower thing, but what is this about a rescue mission?”

“Siwon kidnapped Baekhyun. So I’ve got to rescue him.”

“I heard from Henry that, uh, Kyusoo and Jungmyeon and Jongup were in Busan.”

“Do you mean Kyungsoo, Joonmyeon, and Jongin?” Chanyeol laughed.

“Yeah, them.” Leeteuk nodded.

“I briefly talked to Kyungsoo but his phone died before I could tell him what happened to Baekhyun.”

“I see. Well, I’d offer my assistance but I’m really not supposed to be meddling in you kid’s affairs. I know Siwon has but I don’t really want to mess up the balance… plus I haven’t seen my boyfriend in a while. A long while… But, you’ve got like nine days. When this happened to us, we only had six days total.”

“Happened to you,” Chanyeol blinked, “This has happened before?”

“Yeah, that’s why we already know what’s going on. It happens every time the Titan of Time Control restarts his clock. When that happens, everything gets kind of wonky while the timeline tries to correct any paradoxes and fix any contradictions. Unfortunately, it takes a huge toll on them since time isn’t something that should be controlled. And for some reason, those Titans always seem to have the most complicated background.”

“Yeah, Tao has always been very secretive whenever we’d talk about our pasts and stuff,” Chanyeol remembered when only a few of them were being held up in that apartment and they’d talk about home and get overly emotional with each other. There was no way he’d want to lose those memories of his friends.

“Hey, so um, what happened to our powers? We still have our memories but are our powers completely gone?” Chanyeol asked.

“Who said anything about your powers going away?” Leeteuk opened a water bottle and began to bend the liquid in small, fluid motions so he wouldn’t draw suspicion. “Weird that destiny decided for the water and fire titan to sit next to each other.”

As he said that, Chanyeol ran his hand through the liquid. It evaporated once he touched it with his hand. So his powers weren’t gone just yet. But he hadn’t sensed them until Leeteuk had used his control of water, almost like he forgot he could control fire. How could he forget, he’d had the power all his life.

“It’s just takes more energy to use it here, because it’s a contradiction to this ‘normal’ world. If you all lose your memories, you forget you have powers and they’ll lie dormant until you die. If you’re able to all meet up with the Titan stones on hand, then you’ll still be able to use them like I do,” he laughed. “Sometimes I like to trick people by dripping water on them so they think it’s raining.”

“Well I don’t think I’ll be tricking anyone with fire, I might burn them by accident.”

 

Chanyeol continued their idle conversation until it was finally time for him to switch buses. He bid the older farewell and thanked him for the knowledge. Leeteuk had talked a lot about Siwon, about how he has a soft spot for humans and wanted them to all be human. He also had a bad temper, unlike Chanyeol, which caused him to do things he’d regret easily. Maybe Chanyeol could use that to his advantage in the future.

He pulled the once friendship-ring, now promise ring, off his finger to admire it better. Baekhyun gave him that. Chanyeol never took it off, not even when he showered. The metal ring hadn’t rusted because it was blessed by a certain light magic that was controlled by a certain boy with the power of light.

“Hang in there Baek, I’m coming for you.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Guys, I'm so so so sorry I took so long to update. Summer is ending and I have to finish my virtual class and I have a job and I like to sleep and watch k-dramas but those are all excuses. Bleh. At least it's up now~ but what's going to happen next O.O?? Look forward to the next update~~ <3