Confusion

Titans Part 2

     Luhan sat up with a throbbing headache. He scanned his surroundings; he was in a small tent, accompanied by another body that was snuggled in its sleeping bag. He cautiously ped the tent and crept out into an open campsite littered with tents similar to the one he was in. Desperately trying to find some clue as to where he was, Luhan searched the campsite for a phone signal but was unable to get even a bar or reception. They must’ve been in the middle of nowhere.

“Uh, Teacher Luhan, are you okay?” A voice spoke behind him.

“Yeah,” he pretended, “I just have an awful headache.” Luhan noticed the female had a navy blue polo shirt with ‘Class 4-B’ inscribed on the collar.

“Would you like me to take you to the nurse?”

“Nope. I’m fine.” Fine is far from how I feel, my body is really sore and I feel like I'm going tho throw up. He felt nauseous and weak so he quickly bid goodbye and dashed over to a camping trailer only a few feet away.

Luckily for Luhan, the trailer was unlocked and seemingly empty. So, after spewing out whatever substance that was making him ill in the toilet, he laid down in a spare bed.

Only after a few minutes of rest did the trailer door open again and a woman dressed in red and white entered.

“Are you sick, Teacher Luhan?” She inquired.

“Who are you?” He asked with a smile.

“I’m the nurse… hang on, let me grab my medical bag from the tent. I’ll be right back, stay put.”

 

     But of course Luhan wasn’t going to stay put. He had no idea where he was or why people were calling him ‘Teacher Luhan’ or why no one said anything about how poor his Korean was. Deciding that coming up with an escape plan was a better option than waiting for the random nurse to come back, Luhan searched around the trailer only to discover the keys were still in the ignition. “Can I even drive?” Luhan laughed to himself since he couldn’t recall the last time he’d ever driven a vehicle or if he’d ever actually driven one at all.

“How different can it be from the arcade games?” Luhan nervously started the trailer. In his side-view mirror, he spotted the nurse running towards him. Now or never.

Luhan drove to the nearest road, which happen to be the interstate. Or at least, what appeared to be the interstate because he had no idea how to read Korean road signs. He struggled to drive and translate the signs into his mother tongue at the same time.

There was a small space above the driver’s seat where a bed could be placed, and Luhan had heard some shuffling from there but discarded it as luggage. The shuffling had become more frequent until the ‘luggage’ spoke.

“What the—hello?!”

Luhan slammed his foot on the brake, the car behind him almost rear-ending him. He shook his head and pulled over on the nearest exit. Grabbing the nearest object, in case he had to defend himself from some stranger, Luhan called out, “W-w-who’s there?”

“Luhan?” Sehun appeared from the small space above the driver’s seat. “What’th going on? Where are we?”

“Um, all I know is that we’re in Korea and that I just stole this vehicle and that I can’t read Korean and… and I’m glad you’re with me,” Luhan exhaled.

Sehun laughed at the older’s troubles before speaking, “You took this? Where were we before? Altho, I thought you could read Korean.”

“Yeah, it looked as if we were… on a school camping trip. Sungmin-sunbaenim told me that we’d probably end up here, so I’m guessing this is the place is where we would’ve ended up had we not been Titans.”

Sehun shrugged. Luhan looked different to him, his hair color looked more natural and he was wearing thin framed glasses. And Sehun looked different to the older, also having a darker hair color. Perhaps being a Titan had made them attractive because now they just appeared normal, nothing special to remark on.

“What'th on the back of your hand?”

Luhan carefully examined the said spot, where a blotch of ink had been tattooed. A tattoo of his Titan mark, except a sliver had been taken off of it. Sehun also had his mark on the back of his right hand, again with a sliver missing.

The two sat for a moment, until Sehun broke their silence, “Tho, what now?”

“I don’t know. There has to be a way we can contact the others, right? Let’s check our cellphones, look for familiar names, pictures, anything. If we can’t find anything out, then I guess we’ll just head to the city or something.”

Luhan was so relieved that his phone’s language setting was in Chinese, but the settings didn’t translate his text messages. It made him wonder what type person he’d been in this time line since, apparently he could speak Chinese and Korean. He’d found a few pictures; pictures of him and his family, a few selcas and pictures with him and D.O. and a few others he couldn’t recognize, and a bunch of pictures of him and Sehun. Glancing up for a moment, he noticed the younger’s reddening face as he continuously swiped his finger across the touch screen.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan leaned forward.

“Nothing!” Sehun quickly turned the phone off which made Luhan raise his eyebrow.

“Did you at least find something we can work with?”

“N-n-nope. Nothing there.”

“Then why the heck is your face so red?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about—hey give me my phone back!” Sehun whined.

 Luhan took the phone and somehow typed in the numbered password, as if he knew it by muscle memory. He swiped through a few photos, all being of the two of them lying next to each other and Luhan sleeping peacefully. Luhan blushed bright pink before handing the phone back to the younger.

“What kind of people do you think we were before?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know, but obviously we were close… and I have a few photos with D.O. at a school of some sort.”

“Yeah, there was also a photo of me with Jongin. Oh, there was a text message from you. I don’t know if you have it to but um, you said something about ‘being tired of my crap and said you never wanted to see me again’… so I must’ve done something to make you angry.”

“Is there any more to it?”

“No, I must’ve deleted the previous textth. Let me thee your phone.”

“Wait!”

Sehun gave Luhan a questioning look. “What if there is something bad between the two of us? How about we just leave the past of the old us behind and just continue as we are?”

“What the heck are you even talking about?”

“I mean, let’s forget about finding out who we are. Obviously the two of us had something and must’ve gotten into a fight so let’s leave it at that, hm? Rather, let’s search for the others.”

“Why would we just not even look into the liveth we had before. It could help uth figure out where they are.”

“I dunno, I have a really bad feeling about this. You don’t understand; there is a flashing red light going off in my mind telling me to just leave this alone.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and aggressively grabbed the older’s phone, searching the latest messages. Luhan gave in and twiddled his thumbs impatiently.