Titans No More

Titans Part 2

“So, we all know why we’re here. Let’s get down to business,” Hankyung suggested.

“That’s why I wanted to talk about it calmly,” Sungmin said quietly. “Perhaps we can come to an agreement of some sort? Like split the land evenly so we aren’t all fighting for territory?”

“Screw that!” Siwon, the other Titan of Fire, punched Sungmin square in the jaw and unleased the war that was supposed to be prevented.

Chanyeol reacted quickly, grabbing the elder by the collar, “What the heck did you do that for?!”

“I’m sick and tired of these peace talks we keep trying to have. They haven’t solved anything!” Siwon shoved the other off of him.

“I don’t know what you guys have done in the past, but we’re here to stop you all from destroying homes and killing people because you can’t come to an agreement over something stupid. You guys are going to cause so must chaos and heartbreak that humans are going to hate our kind for decades.”

“Good.” He smirked before launching himself at Chanyeol. The younger swiftly avoided Siwon, but he managed to trip the other.

Concentrating an intense flame into his hands, the older charged at him. Chanyeol clumsily rolled away from the attack. No matter how many times Chanyeol tried to reason with the man, and no matter how many times the man tried to provoke him, neither of the two would give up their position. So it continued as Siwon attacking and Chanyeol avoiding.

“Why are you so for war? It only brings destruction.” Chanyeol panted. His endurance wasn’t even comparable to the other Titan's.

“That’s all fire brings. Fire burns everything in its path.” Siwon furrowed his brows.

“But don’t you have someone you care about? Perhaps… perhaps being given the power to destroy is a test of self-control? Just because you can use your powers doesn’t mean you have to.” As Chanyeol spoke, he realized the true power and meaning that the words had to him.

“That person disappeared, so I no longer have anything to lose.” The older Titan hung his head.

“But Siwon, being like this until the very end, if you just destroy everything, what will that solve?! Huh?” Chanyeol felt his skin tingle, although he fought the rush of power. He was about turn full Titan, which could help him easily beat the older, but that wasn’t the reason the group had been sent back in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We’ve been sent back to right the wrong that you all caused,” Suho explained to the other Titan of Water, Leeteuk.

“I think it’s a little late to stop it now.” The older summoned a large wave from the ocean behind him.

“It’s never too late. Please, let us help you come to a compromise.” Suho stood his ground.

“Don’t you think if there was a solution that we would’ve thought of it already?”  The older Titan released the wave at the other. Suho did his best to hold it off using his own powers but was swept backwards by the force.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“There has to be a way to stop this right?” Sungmin said while observing his fellow Titans fighting around him and Luhan.

“Yeah but how?” Luhan turned to the older.

“I can only think of one way.”

“But if we did that, then…then what would happen in the future? What would happen to us?”

“I assume, you’d all live your lives how they were meant to be… if you never had powers.” Sungmin twiddled his thumbs.

“But how do we take away their powers? Is that even possible?”

“You’re asking me like I know,” Sungmin laughed. “Try taking my powers first, just to test it.”

“But won’t you miss reading minds and stuff?”

“Nah, not really. It’s kind of annoying after a while.”

“Alright.” Luhan nodded, “So hyung, I’ll try taking your powers now.” He placed his hand on the elder’s chest. The area was lit up by a warm light and Sungmin’s Titan mark shone on the younger’s hand. When the light faded, Luhan mentally asked him “Can you hear me anymore?”

Sungmin stared at him blankly, “Did it work?” In which the younger replied with a smile. “You did it!” The older embraced him, “Thank you.”

“Let’s go help the others now.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris was caught in a mid-flight fight with the other Titan of Flight. “Why the heck are you so for fighting?”

“Because, I’m tired of being peaceful. Too many people have been punished for useless things,” Hankyung snarled.

“What do you mean?” Kris lowered his elevation to match the elder’s.

“We all had split up the territory evenly because Titans need their space. The humans that lived within our borders were allowed to freely pass through them but we all had to stay inside our land. There was one time I passed onto someone else’s land with my Chullie because we wanted to see the ocean together… and they killed him. You can understand my frustration right?” Hankyung looked up with teary eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And Hankyung assumed it was me that killed his lover, so we went to war. I didn’t even kill Heechul!” ZhouMi, the other Titan of Time Control, explained to Tao.

“So the fighting between you guys started because of a misunderstanding? But who actually killed Heechul then?” Tao questioned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I swear on my life I didn’t mean to almost kill him! I figured no one would be on the beach at night, so I was practicing my powers and he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time!” Yesung sobbed.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone?” Chen asked.

“No one wanted to listen… they just thought I was making excuses for ZhouMi.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And Yesung came up to me saying that Heechul was dead and it was an accident but I got upset because the first thought that came to my mind was the human had seduced him to meet him at the beach at night. I feel selfish for thinking that, but it’s the only explanation as to why they’d both be in Zhou Mi’s territory at the same time.” Ryeowook hung his head in shame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wait, explain that again.” Lay was sitting down next to Donghae, watching the other Titans fighting.

“So, Yesung came to my house late in the night with a human in his hands and started freaking out because he thought he was dead, so I kept it overnight to heal it. After Yesung left, Ryeowook came in and blackmailed me into giving the human Amnesia. I have no idea why he’d do that, but Eunhyuk wasn’t exactly fond of humans so if he found out I had one in my house then he’d be upset,” the older explained.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hankyung told me about Zhou Mi killing his lover, so the two of us made an alliance against the others.” Siwon had stopped attacking Chanyeol to explain why he’d been so infuriated with the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I feel like I just watched a teenage drama,” Luhan said aloud after listening in on the others' conversations.

“What do you mean?” Sungmin furrowed his brow.

“This war was a giant misunderstanding… anyway, let’s head over and help the others.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah, Henry! Surrender your powers to the other Titan of Light.” Sungmin and Luhan ran over to meet the other Titans.

“What are you talking about? Surrender your powers?” Baekhyun asked.

“We found a way to prevent the war altogether. We just need Henry to give up his powers to you,” Luhan explained.

“I mean, I’m fine with that since Light isn’t really a significant power,” Henry said, receiving an elbow jab from the younger Titan of Light. “But what about the others; what if we’re able to get them to a compromise?  Even then, would we be able to get them to give up their powers?”

“I figure with our aggressive nature, the world is better off without superhuman freaks,” Sungmin frowned.

“You’re right. If not in this century, Titans in another century would probably start a war anyway. Alright, take my powers.” Henry patted his chest happily. Baekhyun followed Luhan’s instructions and the same light had appeared and the symbol of light appeared on Baekhyun’s hand.

The group of four then traveled to the others and preached their idea, most of the older Titans complying because they were tired of fighting each other. The same had been done until only two Titans were left, Hankyung and Siwon; the two that were the most vengeful.

To their surprise though, Kris and Chanyeol had already handled the problem. The four of them, Kris, Hankyung, Chanyeol, and Siwon, were all slightly bruised but were sitting down talking casually. Like how boys are able to do, they’ll throw their fists but when everything is said and done, they can still be friends. Siwon and Hankyung reluctantly surrendered their powers and Luhan had explained how this war was caused because of misunderstanding. Like Hankyung was too quick to assume that Zhou Mi had killed Heechul and Ryeowook shouldn’t have forced Donghae to lie because he didn’t understand the situation.

“Tao, take us home to our time.” Luhan smiled at the younger.

With a nod, Tao and raised his right arm slowly, fastforwarding the group of twelve forward in time. They’d re-written the timeline originally planned and now had to face whatever future it created. Which meant they’d lose their powers because their ancestors didn’t pass it on to them. I really really hope I’ll get to be with Tao Kris looked longingly at the younger that was slowly fading in front of his eyes. Everyone was slowly fading away into nothing.

Then everything went black.