Chapter 8

Only Look At You

5 years later…

 

You were back from London after studying business for 3 years. You asked to your dad to send you to London and continue your study in business as your major study there. You really wanted to forget everything about Myungsoo.

It was around a year ago you were back to Seoul. You would run your dad business. You became a General Manager at your dad hotel. You had found your new chapter of your life after back from London. The real soul of Park Jihye had finally been back.

Everything went well, and you often met up with Hoya if you two had free time. Hoya worked as a doctor and he owned a clinic near to your family Hotel. Hoya once confessed his feeling before you left to London. But he knew already your heart was only for Myungsoo and it would never change. Now, you and him became a good friend. He was a good guy, and really understood you so well. Whenever you felt down, he was the first person who would cheer you up. So glad to have a good friend like him.

You arrived at your home sweet home at the late night after working all day long. You felt so exhausted and about to die. All rooms went dark and everyone had slept already. You threw your body on your bed. Your eyes half-opened and you felt so sleepy. In the count of seconds, you had fallen asleep with your work suit and face with a full make up on it.

 

***

 

It was first summer morning in US. The sky was so clear and bright, with the fresh warmth of a full-summer day. The flowers were blossoming profusely and the grass was richly green. When Myungsoo was packing his luggage someone knocked his room door.

“Come in.”

The middle-aged lady walked to the room then bowed his head. “Today schedule will start at 09.00 and over at 11.45 AM. Your flight to Seoul is this afternoon at 04.15.” Mrs Han said.

“Ne, thank you Mrs. Han. Wait me in the living room, I almost finish packing my luggage.” He smiled.

“Miss Kim Doyeon are waiting you in the living room too.” She said.

“Please ask her to come to my room.”

“Okay, I understand.” Mrs Han bowed her head before leaving his room.

 

 

“Oppa!!” Doyeon shouted as she hugged him from behind.

Myungsoo released the hug then turned around his body. He sat on the edge of his bed. “Sit beside me.” He patted the space beside him.

“Oppa, why you leave me, uh? Don’t leave me until I graduated from my collage.” She pouted.

He her hair to her back ears. “You have Jingyo already, you won’t feel lonely.”

“Where should I go if I have a fight with Jingyo?” She pouted.

“You can call me pabo.” Myungsoo flicked her forehead, she whined. “Don’t make him misunderstand again with our relationship.”

“He always jealous with you, I even can’t mention your name in front of him.” She pouted again. She really liked to pout his lips.

“Just explain to him it was just a past and you are his mine.”

Doyeon sighed. “He’s too overprotective towards me.”

Myungsoo smirked. “It means he loves you. You should glad to have a good boyfriend like him.”

She grinned cutely. “Then, how about you? Will you look after her again? If she refuses you, you can call me. I’ll take revenge to her.”

He shrugged. “Just let it flow.”

Doyeon patted his shoulder. "Be patient oppa." Myungsoo just laughed.

 

 

Doyeon had broken off the engagement with Myungsoo since 8 months ago. She didn’t want to force Myungsoo to love her and continue the engagement with her. Doyeon knew Myungsoo had liked someone, and it was her fault for being too selfish by asking Myungsoo to engage her just because of family business reasons. Doyeon knew all about it when accidently overheard the conversation between Myungsoo and his close friends in Seoul, Hoya. Doyeon also saw Myungsoo’s inbox message on his phone and read the conversation between them. Almost every day Myungsoo asked how she was, what she was doing and if she was okay or not. It was so sick for Doyeon. One hand she didn’t want to lose Myungsoo, but on the other hand she didn’t want to see a guy she love the most was suffering in love.

One day when she was accompanying Myungsoo to shoot in the countryside, Doyeon got bored and played games on Myungsoo’s laptop. Doyeon got pissed off because she was not proficient in this game, she also saw Myungsoo too focused with the camera and the model in front of him. Doyeon tried to open a folder of photos that were in the document data. She clicked the folder labeled 'next essay photobook'. A lot of photos with the same face of a girl appeared. Doyeon tilted her head trying to guess who the model was. However, all the photos had been taken like a paparazzi one. There was only one picture that look exactly towards the camera. Doyeon curiosity led her to haunt the girl, until one day she asked to Myungsoo who the girl in the folder 'next essay photobook'. To be honest Myungsoo didn’t want to answer it, but eventually he told her everything.

Since then, Doyeon set her heart and made ​​the decision to break off the engagement with Myungsoo. She felt it had been three years she tortured him to forget his first love. Unspoken first love because of the fear of losing the girl he loved. Doyeon started looking for another love. Someone who could accept everything without coercion, and she found that love in Choi Jingyo. He was a friend of her in the campus.

This didn’t affect to the family business between Myungsoo’s and Doyeon’s. As a request from Doyeon, their parents would still work together and be a good business partner. Doyeon also asked to Myungsoo didn’t stay away from her after the engagement ended. Doyeon still wanted to close with Myungsoo, although only became a close friend.

 

***

 

Three days ago Myungsoo arrived in Seoul. He still felt jetlag and his head so dizzy because lack of sleep. He went down stairs to have breakfast alone. His parents already went to work in the early morning. He chewed his toast bread then he saw Mrs. Choi passed by.

“Mrs Choi.” Myungsoo called her.

Mrs Choi bowed his head. “I’m sorry I don’t know you have gotten up and had breakfast.”

“Never mind. Would you mind to have a breakfast with me?”

Mrs. Choi felt surprised. “Oh, yes, I would like to.” She sit in front of Myungsoo.

“Mr. Kwon, please bring a glass of juice for Mrs. Choi.” He shouted. He sip his orange juice. “You must be wondering why I ask you to accompany me. I just hate to have breakfast alone, sorry if it makes you feel uncomfortable, Mrs. Choi.”

“Yes, It’s not a big deal for me.” She said still with honorific style.

“Go take your toast, Mrs. Choi.” He smiled. “So, What’s my schedule for today?”

“You don’t have schedule for today, but the day after tomorrow you have schedule meet and greet your essay photobook at Hotel Woollim in the evening.” Mrs. Choi explained.

“What? Woollim Hotel???” Myungsoo shocked.

“Yes. But sorry I didn’t ask for your agreement before because I thought you will agree with me since the hotel is the best one in Seoul.” Mrs. Choi said regretfully.

“It’s not like that, I mean, it doesn’t mean I disagree with you, I’m just shocked to hear the name of the Hotel. My old friend is the owner of Woollim Hotel. Well, yeah, I just feel like that.” He grinned awkwardly. “I’m leaving first. Enjoy your breakfast Mrs. Choi.” Myungsoo bowed his head before leaving her alone.

 

 

 

--------