Chapter 5

Only Look At You

*Note: The underline Words are English spoken.

 

The day was coming!

You turned around your body to the left and right in front of your mirror. You kept changing your hairstyle, started from the ponytail, braid, until wavy hair. You put a blue headband in order to not let your hair looked flat. You combed the bangs with your fingers then rearranged your straight long brown hair which had turned into a wavy hair.

You applied a natural make-up on your face. You only gave a little powder and blush-on, then polished your lips with a colored lip. You wore black t-shirts. There was ‘Love Story’ words on it which were designed special for this event. You wore mini skirt which made by jeans.

Before going out from your room, once again you saw your reflection in the mirror. After you thought everything was perfect, you took your red backpack then went to the studio.

 

*****

 

Only you, Stella and Hyesong had arrived at studio. You three ate your breakfast in the studio because didn’t have much time to have breakfast at home.

Hyesong glanced at her watch. “It’s 07.30 already. Why they haven’t come yet?”

You swallowed the food in your mouth before replying Hyesung. “Maybe they woke up late, or they get traffic jam.” You said trying to chill, when in fact you was still worried because many members who had not come yet.

“Hm, maybe.” Stella shruged.

“I’m done eating.” You said. “I’m gonna try to check sound system and piano.”

You played one by one the songs that you had practiced at home during these two days. You played them as closed your eyes, trying to live the melody of the song so the message was conveyed to the listeners. Stella and Hyesong fascinated with your skill in playing piano. The way you played the piano like a professional one. Very perfect and smooth. When the fifth song had ended, Stella and Hyesong’s sound of applause filled the studio. You just smiled at them.

 “That’s definitely cool! Why you don’t take musical club instead, huh?” Stella asked you in English. She was a half Korean and a half Seattle. So, no wonder if her English was really good.

You chuckled. You felt so proud and glad to hear that such complements from Stella. “Oh, Thanks a lot Stella. I’m so flattered by it.” You replied. You could speak English a bit because when you were in Elementary school, you studied in International School which always used English as a primary language.

I sincerely said that. You are indeed cool! The way you play is like a pro one.” She kept praising you as she put her thumbs up. You just giggled.

“Okay, please stop. Please don’t speak in English because there is Korean girl here.” Hyesong mumbled. You and Stella laughed together.

“What’s going on? Is there someone being a gag man right now?” Jihoo asked as entered the room with Hoya and Minsook.

“Nothing Jihoo Seonbae.” I said, then I was re-practicing again from the beginning.

“Just three of you who’ve come?” Hoya asked as he spread wrist bands then put it on 4 baskets. Those wrist bands will be given to the guests.

“What’s that?” You asked to Hoya.

“Let me wear it to your hand.”

“Woah~ it’s cool~!!” You shouted. “Thank you Hoyadori~” You grinned happily.

“What the……don’t call me like that!” He grumbled madly.

You pinched his arm. “Why this Hoyadori so cute when he is getting mad, huh?” You then giggled, he pinched your both cheeks. You whined. “Appoo!!”

“I just take revenge.” He stuck his tongue out then walked away left you who still rubbing your cheeks. You only could get along with Hoya. He was so funny and easy going. He was his first friend in this club, after Myungsoo.

“I’m here, sorry I’m late.”

“Finally.” You said to yourself when you saw your prince had finally come. He really suit on black color so well. From his head to toe were in black. One word for him, perfect!

“Go cleaning the room while waiting other members come.” Jihoo gave instruction.

 

It’s 8.30 am. All member had come and all of them made a ‘I’m ready to fight for today. It’s show time’ on their face. They stood up on their own spot that we was formed before, while you kept inhaling and exhaling to relieve your nervousness. Myungsoo saw you from the corner of the room.

“Eat it.” Myungsoo gave you a mint candy.

You took it then ate it. “Gomawo.” You smiled.

“Don’t be nervous, just let it flow. Just imagine that you’re playing piano at your home and nobody watches you. Got it?” He gave his best smile till his dimple came out.

Suddenly, your self-confidence went up after hearing a cheering from Myungsoo. Love can make everything better. You said to yourself.

“Thanks a lot. Fighting!” You grinned widely. He ruffled your hair. As always, his new hobby was ruffling your hair.

About 15 minutes to go, the event was going to begin. Many students, which was most of them were girls, had been waiting in front of the door. Not only the students who came, but also almost all teachers came to this event. Myungsoo, as a documentary secretary, took some photos of them. He also took some photos in the room.

Jihoo glanced at his watch. 'Well, it's show time!' He shouted to himself. The guests were allowed to enter the room after they received a wrist ban as a souvenir.

Jihoo grabbed the mic. “Check, one two three.” All the people in the room looked at him. He cleared his throat. “Good Morning our beloved teachers and friends. First of all, I would like to thank to all my club members who help me make this event happen and have given your master piece to be shown to everybody here. For our all the teachers who have allowed us to hold this event, and also for our friends who come to our really first event. The theme of this event is Love Story. All of photos hanging on the wall tell us about all of love story that commonly happen around us. You can read the meaning behind the photo on the small paper that hanging under in every each photos.” He cut his words. He smiled before continuing. “Now, I’m Song Jihoo, as the leader of this club, officially open this event!” He shouted, everybody in the room clapped their hands. “Thank you for coming and please enjoy the show.” He bowed.

You started playing your finger on the tuts. The atmosphere really looked like the real photography exhibition. You were not feeling nervous at all. The candy from Myungsoo must be a fortune candy! You thought. Beethoven entitled Moonlight Sonata was playing. Many people looked at you. The boy students started admiring your skill at playing piano. They were drowning into your melodies. Your mood turned up, you even could show your smile to them. ‘Am I really good?’ You asked to yourself.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was busy with the girls. It was allowed for the guests to take photo in the room. Many girls asked Myungsoo to take some photos of them beside his photo. They also asked Myungsoo to take a photo with them too. Yeah, no wonder. Myungsoowas like a prince charming, He could hypnotize all the girls only by his killer smile and gaze.

Luckily you were so focused with your piano. You didn’t want to make a single mistake in your very first debut as a pianist. Well, it was too over to call it as a ‘debut’. But, it was your first time playing piano in front of many people. So, let’s call it as your debut. Deal? Deal!

Your sixth song was over, now you turned to the last song Yiruma. When the melodies were played, Myungsoo looked at you. He walked to you. You looked at Myungsoo while smiling. You really wanted to say that song was prepared for him at that time. But, the situation didn’t at your side. So, you only gave him your best smile to convey your feeling toward him. He smiled at you when the song was over. He whispered ‘thank you’ to you, then winked before doing his duty. You hissed, but in your heart you were throwing confetti for celebrating your lucky day.

You ended your last song perfectly. Your eyes and Jihoo’s eyes met up. You received the code ‘It’s over’ from Jihoo’s gaze. Jihoo walked to the stage and grabbed the mic. He cleared his throat. You played Yiruma once again as an encore. “It’s 10 o’clock already, so it means the event is over.  Thank you so much to all of you for coming, and keep looking forward to our next project and events. Big love from photography club. Once again thank you so much.” Jihoo bowed deeply. Everybody clapped their hands. You kept replying the song until all the people left the room.

 

****

 

“Wait, who’s hungry?” Jihoo said while you and other members cleaned the room.

“ME!” You shouted while rose your hand.

“Me too.” Myungsoo followed you. Then other members rose their hands too.

“Leggo to ramyeon stall near our school. I’ll treat you all. My feeling is so good today.” Jihoo said, then all the members shouted a ‘hooray!’ excitedly.

 

 

----------