Chapter 4

Only Look At You

The sky at this Friday afternoon was pretty bright. The sun began to set to the west horizon. Today schedules in school were over, there was no sign of life anymore, except in the photography studio. The day after tomorrow, photography club would hold their really first event. The members were busy decorating and the studio would be created to be a mini gallery of photography. The girls started hanging photos on the wall that had been nailed by Hoya. Jihoo, Hoya, and Taeil were busy nailing wooden blocks and boards that would be used as a mini stage where the piano would be placed. Myungsoo also moved piano from classical music studio with other boy members. Meanwhile, you were busy flipping through the pages of your music book while chewing gum that was not sweet anymore. You scratched your head, confused what song that you wanted to you play at the event later. You closed your eyes, imagined when you played those songs.

 “Hm, will this song suit with the theme?” You murmured. You shook your head. “Let’s choose other songs.”

 

Since yesterday, all the posters and pamphlets had been posted on the school bulletin board and distributed to the other students. Still left some pamphlets again which was planned to be distributed to other students tomorrow. Some of them started talking about this event. Hopefully it would get a good response from them all, and this event also ran according to the plan.

 

When you were humming Yiruma’s song entitled Kiss The Rain, Myungsoo hit your shoulder from behind. You gasped and immediately turned around your chair.

Without the cue from you, Myungsoo sat next to you. Propped up his chin with his hand while looked at you and smiled. "Are you going to play that song?"

 “N-nae?” You stuttered. It had been a long time you knew him and you often talked with him. But, whenever you talked with Myungsoo, you kept feeling nervous and even when he looked at your eyes deeply, your heartbeats were beating so fast. “What song that you mean?”

“The song which you hummed. Yiruma” He replied.

You widened your eyes. “You know the song?”

He nodded then smiled. “My mom used to play that song for me.”

“Woah, It means you can play piano too?” You asked eagerly.

Now, he shook his head. “I don’t have any talent to play piano. My talent is to be a handsome prince.”

You laughed out loud as kept hitting Myungsoo’s arm. You never imagined an answer like that would come out from his mouth.

"Ya Jihye, stop hitting my arm. It hurts." Myungsoo hold your wrist. You stopped laughing and pulled your hand from his grip.

"Mi-mian ..." You said, your eyes looked back towards your music book.

Myungsoo ruffled your hair. He did it to immerse the awkward atmosphere between you and him. "I hope you will add Yiruma in your list."

You nodded quickly without looking at Myungsoo. "E-eo. I'll consider it."

"Ya! Myungsoo! Come here for a minute!" Soomi shouted. Myungsoo turned towards where the sound was.

"Ah, Okay!" Myungsoo replied.

"Fighting Jihye!" He said. He patted your shoulder gently then left you who still speechless.

Fuuhhh~~ Didn’t realize you'd been holding your breath. Now you felt tightness in your chest. You were flailing your chest slowly then took a glass of water to normalize your mind. 'What was that?' You murmured while held your wrist that had been briefly held by Myungsoo, even though it was only for a few seconds. Then you chugged your drink again until nothing left.

 

****

 

Deng…deng….deng…deng….

You kept pressing the tuts of Do tone. You still confused what song that you would play in the event. Jihoo told you to play at least five songs. However, you hadn’t found a good song, even for a single one.

You remembered the incident this afternoon in the studio. The incident when Myungsoo held your hand was back spinning in your mind. You smiled and your face began to redden. You patted your cheeks softly. "Control yourself, Jihye. Focus! Focus!"

You opened up your song book and started choosing songs that fit with the theme. After nearly an hour, you finally set seven songs that you would play. You wrote down the list of the song on your notebook. The songs would you play were Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Norihiro Tsuru’s Last Carnival, Bach Pachelbel's Canon in D Major, Bob Arci’s Sleep Away, Ra.D’s I'm in Love, Brown Eyed Soul’s Nothing Better, and the last was Yiruma’s Kiss The Rain. You tried to combine classic songs and modern songs in order to not become too flat. You accidentally added Yiruma song in your song list. You wanted to play a special song for Myungsoo. By imagining his happy face when looked at you played his favorite song made your heart really happy.

“I’ll work hard, Myungsoo-nim!” You said as clenched your hands.

“Who’s Myungsoo?” Asked your mother who were passing by right behind you.

You turned towards your mom, blinking your eyes didn’t know what to say if you already caught like this. "Nae? Uhm...He...He is my new music teacher in my school.” You forced a smile then immediately played Last Carnival song with your piano while humming. Mom just shook her head and smiled. Mom actually knew that her daughter was falling in love.

Fuuhhh~ you sighed when your Mom was away left you alone. "Today is the hardest day for me." You bowed your head that ended up with your head hit the top of the piano. "Akk!!!" You shouted as winced in pain.

 

 

-----------------