Chapter 38

You are my life

After 3 years Gerald finished his studies with a two year masteral in the states. His dad opened an architectural firm 2 years ago in the philippines and gave it to Gerald to be managed after a year. This 3 years had been the hardest point in his life, trying to move on and accept the reality that Kim already moved on from him. That Kim was no longer inlove with him. He changed, from the sy perso he was before to a guy who is more confident. He dated but was not that serious. On the other hand Kim was still in a relationship with Xian, they were stable and happy but not like when she was with Gerald. She still works at the same firm and was promoted within that three years. She still works with Matt and Mel, they hang out whenever they could. She setlled for what is going on with her life. Then one day their boss, Jerry, announced that the owner of the company is going to visit because of the rumored merger with another company. The day came and all was gathered in a room for the announcement.

Jerry: Good Morning everyone! Nandito tayo ngayon to welcome the owner of the Lim's Architectural Association. Ms. Rachel Lim. Let's all give her a round of applause

Rachel: Good Morning everyone, It's nice seeing everyone who has worked hard for my family's company. Thank you for the nice welcome. I'll be now based here in the Philippines to be more hands-on. Now, for the big announcement. I know there are rumors circulating about a merger well it's true. The company will be merging with GRA & KC Architectural Company. But don't worry there will only be little changes. Thank you all so much. You may now go back to work.

Jerry: Thank you people, you may now go back to your respective offices.

At Kim's office.. Mel and Matt were talking to Kim..

Mel: Grabe ang ganda ni Ms. Rachel noh?

Kim: oo nga eh, laking states siya di ba?

Matt: oo daw. y pa. 

Mel:Tumigil ka nga dyan Matt!  siya pala yung tinutukoy ni Xian na pinsan. Napakilala ka na ba sa kanya?

Kim: Hindi pa

Mel: Bakit hindi ka magpakilala.

Kim: Nakakahiya kaya noh! Feeling close naman ako.

Mel: eh ano naman? 

Matt: Babe nakakahiya kaya yun. Parang ang kapal ng mukha ni Kim. Hayaan mo ng si Xian ang magpakilala sa kanilang dalawa.

Mel: Okay Fine! Maiba ako, agree ba kayo dun sa merger?

Kim: Okay lang. Kung makakabuti naman sa kompanya why not?

Matt: oo nga. Malay mo tumaas pa sweldo natin dba?

Kim: (gigled) Ikaw talga kuya Matt (then her phone rang) Sandali ha? tumatawag lang si Xian.

Kim: (on the phone) baby? Bakit?

Xian: Free ka ba mamayang lunch?

Kim: Oo, wala naman masyadong gagawin dito sa office why?

Xian: Babe, Papakilala sana kita kay Rachel baby. I know na dumaan siya diyan sa office niyo. 

Kim: Okay sige. Pwede ko ba isama sina Matt??

Xian: Sure, sige para makilala din sila ni Rache! Daanan na lang kita dyan around 11:30. Sige baby, loveyou!

Kim: Okay. loveyou too.

At Steakhouse..

Xian: Rachel si Matt, Mel and this is Kim, my girlfriend.

Rachel: Hi! Nice to finally meet you. (extended her hand to them)

Kim: Nice meeting you too (smiled)

Rachel: So kamusta na (slang)

Xian: Wow! Nakakapagtagalog ka na?

Rachel: A little. (smiled)

Xian: Well, that's good.

Rachel: So Kim, I heard alot about you. Xian never stops talking about you. 

Kim: Not all of them are true (laughed)

Rachel: (laughed) Nice one, what do you guys think about the merger? Matt.

Matt: I think it's good for the company.

Rachel: What about you Mel?

Mel: Well, it would double our clients so I'm thinking the same. 

Rachel: That's good. Do you mind if we order a little bit later. I'm just waiting for someone.

Kim: No problem (smiled)

Then Rachel's phone rang..

Rachel: (on the phone) Rj! Saan ka na? We're waiting for you:

Rj: Malapit na. I'm on my last turn. I'll be there in five minutes okay? Is there any girls there?

Rachel: Shut up! and hurry up!

Rj: Okay, I'm coming.

Rachel: Okay, loveyou!

Rj: Loveyou too. (then ended the call)

Xian: Boyfriend mo insan?

Rachel: si Rj? no! my bestfriend.

Xian: Really?

Rachel: Yes, we're just really close. Partners in crime kami nung nasa states pa kami. 

Xian: okay, if you say so. malapit na ba siya?

Rachel: oo, He'll be here in a few minutes.

After Five minutes..

Rj: Bru I'm here. Sorry I'm late.

Kim and Mel were at the restroom when he arrived. When Matt looked up he was shocked!