Chapter 34- Getting better

You are my life

While Kim was enjoying her life in the Philippines, Gerald was getting treatment in the states. He was really doing good although he lost a lot of weight. He has undergone several chemotherapy and radiation sessions for the past few months. He was slowly regaining his strength and his hair has started to grow back. His operation was successful so he was now on his way to recovery.

 In Gerald's room..

Rachel: So how areyou feeling today pats??

Ge: I'm feeling okay. Still feel a little weak at times.

Rachel: Well, that's good progress. 

Ge: Yeah, I want to go back to the Philippines soon so I need to get better.

Rachel: Why? Because of your ex? You're still inlove with her?

Ge: She is the only person I love, will love. She's the one for me

Rachel: What if she finds someone else? What if she moved on?

Ge: (looked at rachel) Then I'm gonna be happy for her.

Rahcel: Then what? What are you gonna do about it?

Ge: Nothing. (looked outside the window) She's happy and that is only important thing.

Rachel: You know I don't get you,.

Ge: Why?

Rachel: You sit here feeling heartbroken when you could've told her the truth.

Ge: I tried before but she wouldn't listen

Rachel: So you gave up that quickly?

Ge: I didn't give up. I just granted her what she wanted. 

Rachel: That's crap!

Ge: I just love her too much. 

Rachel: I still don't get it. 

Ge: I'm tired, I wanna sleep.

Rache: Okay. Fine! Bye Pats. See you. Take your meds!

Ge: (smiled) Okay! Bye Bru. Thanks for the visit! 

After Rachel left, Gerald just stared at Kim's picture at his bedside table.

Ge: (talking to the picture) Hi baby! I miss you, hope you are doing fine. Can't wait to see you. I promise to explain to you everything when I get back,sana mahintay mo ko. You have been my inspiration to get better. Gagaling ako para sayo. I love you so much. Cge babe ha? pahinga lang ako. (kissed her picture) I love you ulet.. 

After five months Ge finally regained his strength. He decided to finally go online and check for emails and his in fb. He saw Matt had plenty of emails for him. He opened his first email..

To: Gerald

Pare! Kamusta na? How is your treatment? Hope your doing fine bro! 

Matt

The next one..

To: Gerald

Bro, Kamusta? Hope your fine. You're probabaly wondering kung kamusta na si Kim. Well, its been two months and she's doing fine. Busy sa school and minsan sumasama samin ni Mel magparty. She hasn't spoken about you. Maybe yun yung paraan nya para makapagmoveon. Well, yun lang. Ingat dyan Bro!

Matt

Then the next one he didn't want to open because on the subject tabe it was wriiten. Kim's ready

To; Gerald

Bro, bilisan mo dyan. Si kim nagbabanggit na open na sya for a new relationship. May nakilala na sya kagabi! A guy named Xian Lim and mukhang interested na sya kay Kim. Kaya mo yan!

Matt

He opened the last one from Matt which was dated the other day.

To: Gerald

Bro, it's time for you to get back. They've been dating for two months now. Their spending a lot of time together. I know you're better already. I just called tita Vangie. C'mon bro. Mawawala sayo si Kim, umuwi ka na and explain to her what happened. By the way Garduate na kami nina Kim. Nagtratrabaho kami ngayon sa isang malaking arhitectural firm. Magkakasama kaming tatlo. Yung Lim na yun ang nagpasok sa amin, ayoko sanang sumama kaso si Mel eh. Sa pinsan daw ni Lim yung company kaya naipasok kami kagad. Well, yun lang bro. I hope to see you soon.

Matt

After reading all his emails He opened his fb account and hurriedly checked Kim's profile. He noticed that Kim deleted their pictures and his picture in her account. He saw pictures of Kim and Xian and currently her profile picture was the two of them smiling at each other. He also saw her relationship status "Dating Xian Lim" He saw posts that are rather sweet and fromm what it looks like she was falling inlove with him

 Gerald: (shedding some tears) I'm losing her. I need to get her back. I can't lose her. 

He then went downstairs and talked to his mom and dad that he needed to go back to the Philippines for Kim.

Ge: Mom I need to get back. Kailangan kong balikan si Kim.

Mommy Vangie: Iho, alam kong okay ka na pero ayokong irisk ang pagbalik mo dun.

Ge:ma please I'm losing her.

Daddy Randy: Son, I don't want you getting tired.

Ge: Dad please. I need to do this.

Just when mommy vangie was about to speak Rachel came in

Rachel: Hey Tito, Tita. Hey Ge! What's up.

DR: Okay, You can go back on one condition. You'll take Rachel with you.

Rahcel: Take me where?

MV: Sa Pilipinas.

Rachel: What?!

GE: Please Bru! Samahan mo na ko.

Rachel: Fine! (smiled) on one condition

Ge: Ano yun? 

Rachel: hahayaan mo kong imakeover ka.

Ge: what?! 

Rachel: Well, that;s the end of my bargain. ano? game? 

Ge: Fine!

MV: Then it's settled. Papaayos ko na yung pagalis nyo. More or less next wee ang alis nyo. so you have plenty of time sa makeover (gigled)

Rachel: Thanks Tita. At ikaw Pats! I'll see you tomorrow! Prepare alot of money (laughed) Bye!

Gerald will do whatever it takes just to be with Kim....