9. Having Fun

Love On Board

Chapter 9

 

Jiyong’s POV

“What other rides are we left with?” Chaerin walked towards Bom who was holding onto the map.

“Hmmmm… We haven’t been to space mountain!! That way!”

Bom led us all towards a path on the right where we passed by a river and this little kiddy train ride.

It’s almost 5pm now and the sun was starting to set. We’ve probably been to almost every single ride here, not including the ones that were meant for kids — all of us were above 120cm thankfully.

The boys, including me, have just been following the girls like their little puppies. 

We helped them get drinks or even hold their bags from time to time, they’d better be happy with our patience!

I looked at the girl wearing a minnie hairband, she was skipping in her steps towards Minzy before clinging her arm onto her. What a kid. A cute one.

After we reached the Space Mountain ride, Bom forced us—YES SHE DRAGGED US—to take a mandatory touristy shot right at the entrance.

We did a funny pose with the gigantic sign hanging above us and only entered after the girls were satisfied with the picture.

We walked into the attraction entrance and surprisingly, there wasn’t a queue. I could hardly see anything from how dimly lit the whole trail was. The only light around the whole time are the ones at our feet, lighting the remaining path ahead.

“Whooops!” I bumped into something, no, someone in front of me.

I reached forward for this person’s arms to spin him / her around.

“I can’t see.” It was Dara. Her statement almost sounded like a plea but I couldn’t see her face in this  darkness.

“Follow me.” I guided her hand to my arm before continuing to walk again. It didn’t take long before we reunited with the rest who were already at the end of the queue.

“Yah Minzy! You walked too fast!” I felt her grip on my arm loosen as she ran forwards to cling onto Minzy. Somehow, I felt myself feeling a little disappointed. Just a little.

Why was I disappointed? Maybe I just liked the idea of me protecting someone, protecting her.

Oh, whatever.

We reached the start of the queue within minutes and I didn’t know why, but I leaped forward and snatched Minzy’s seat, settling myself beside Dara.

I sniggered as I watch her roll her eyes while heading to the row in front of us to sit beside Youngbae. 

“What are you doing?” Dara’s annoyed tone made me chuckle even more.

“I like sitting in the last low.” The safety bar was lowered onto our laps and I pressed it down once more just to tighten it.

I was holding onto the metal grip when I felt tiny fingers resting on mine. They felt so fragile and delicate. I looked towards the owner of the hand who just shot me a look before I could say anything.

She’s not.. scared.. is she? We’ve sat on a number of roller coasters and I remember her having fun with all of them so this definitely puzzled me.

I let my fingers slide out of her grip before placing them back above hers protectively and waited as our ride began leaping forward.

 

 

 

 

“Hey Dara.” 

“Dara.”

“Yah Sandara Park!” 

“What?” She finally turned around to face me, hands on both her hips while wearing a really irritated frown. Cute.

We were standing metres apart from each other since she made it a mission not to walk right beside me.

I smiled at her before saying “I thought you weren’t afraid of roller coasters?”

“I’m not.” 

“Then why’d you do this?” I stepped forward and hooked her arm with mine, bending my knees just to lean on her shoulder.

She clicked her tongue and tried to shake my grip off but I held on.

“Yah!” I ignored her protest and snuggled closer to the source of comfort.

“I just.. don’t like the dark. Okay..?” She sighed in defeat but I was still smiling. 

My body returned itself to an upright position and I slung my arm on her shoulder. 

“We should go to dark places more often then.” 

“Did you not hear what I just said? I don’t like being in the dark.” 

“I know. But I like being with you like that.”

She looked at me like I was the weirdest person in the world which made me digest the words that came out of my mouth.

I didn’t know why I said that but it didn’t feel wrong to say it. What was it about her that made me like being close to her?

We continued walking towards the entrance of the theme park, quickening our steps to reunite with our group  who were waiting impatiently for us.

“Where have you guys been? Sun’s setting, let’s take a photo!!!” Bom pulled the both of us towards the rest and we squeezed ourselves between them. 

We did a few poses with the gigantic Minnie grass decor till we were sure the pictures all turned out great.

The girls were viewing the snaps captured by my camera when an idea hatched in my mind. 

I pulled Dara back to the photo taking area without hesitation, “Help us take a picture!!” 

“I’m not taking a picture with—” But I shut her up by pulling her closer.

“You look ugly when you’re not smiling.” I whispered to her, though it was obviously a lie.

Dara glared at me to convey her annoyance but smiled soon after anyway, the kind of smile that could blow someone off their feet.

We took 3 shots till she finally decide to walk off, shoving me aside in the process.

I followed behind her, laughing to myself as we left the theme park.

 

 

__________________________❤︎__________________________

 

 

Dara’s POV

“Jiyong! Jiyong!” I was pounding on his room door, hoping he’ll finally decide to get his lazy off the bed.

“What?” A Jiyong in boxers answered groggily. 

I gulped at the sight of his chest, trailing my eyes down to his abdomen. Aigoo, he has such a lean and toned body. Hot...

“Like what you’re seeing?” A chuckle brought my gaze back up to his face.

“I like Youngbae’s body better.”
“You’ve.. seen it before..?” He was frowning now, though his eyes were hinting something else.

Something almost like jealousy. Stupid.

“He likes walking around half after showering.” His face relaxed after hearing that.

“Why are you waking me up this early?” 

“It’s 12 noon, you pig! And, IT’S SNOWING!!” I sprang with excitement, hoping on my spot.

“Really? The past few days haven’t even been that cold.” He didn’t seem to believe me but I could tell he was excited.

“IT IS!!” He bolted back into his room for a robe before my hands unknowingly reached for his arm and I dragged him down the stairs.

He's going to love the snow!!! 

We were both freezing outside from just our pyjamas but the adrenaline from the excitement stopped us from caring.

I sat onto the icy ground, letting the snow cool my buttocks and laughed when I launched a snowball at Jiyong’s shoulder.

“You think it’s funny, huh?” He was marching towards me with a grin.
I squirmed my way backwards but I could feel my frozen on the ground.

He's gonna kill me!!

A pile of snow was dropped onto my hair while I attacked him with a few more snowballs. 

I rolled onto the ground and giggled as he coughed from the snowball that landed in his face. 

He wiped the remaining snow off and jumped onto me, holding down my waist as he tickled me. 

Tears were forming in my eyes as he continued to torture me. “Stop..!! You.. win..!!” I managed to croak out in between giggles.

We were already metres away from the villa after rolling about in the snow. 

I was trying so hard to catch my breath that I didn’t even realise Jiyong has been staring down at me. His eyes. They're so pretty..

He had his hands placed beside my shoulders, fingers digging into the snow.

His lingering gaze remained on my eyes as he smiled after realising I was grinning right back at him.

There has to be some logical reason to explain it but really, why did my heart beat so fast at that sight?