4. Stupid

Love On Board

Chapter 4

Writer’s POV

Jiyong ran off from Dara and went back to the main deck. He smiled to himself, feeling extremely glad that things were okay again. At the same time, he made a mental note to be more cautious of the things he says so as to prevent another recurrence. 

He rolled up his sleeve and glanced at his Audemars Piguet watch: 1.38am.

‘Just 5 more hours till the City of Love, Jiyong. Ew.’ He told himself.

He rolled his tray out into his row and began to refill the drinks of respective passengers.

“Hi Madam, would you like some coffee or tea?” He greeted a lady in the last row politely. 

“Sorry, could you hold her for a sec? I have to go the washroom urgently!” The lady didn’t wait for Jiyong’s response and placed her baby into Jiyong’s hands. 

Jiyong held onto the baby’s armpits and stared at the lady’s retreating back, unsure of what to do.

Realising that the lady was indeed dumping her baby to him, he held her up and took a careful look at her face.

10 seconds into it, the baby suddenly stretched her tiny arm and pinched Jiyong’s face, giggling in the process.

“YAH! Bad baby!” He reprimanded the little girl.

The tone of his voice startled the baby and in a split second, her lower lip started to tremble. 

“Oh.. No.. No no no you don’t!” Jiyong exclaimed when he realised what was about to happen.

“WAHHHHHH~” The baby wailed loudly in his arms, attracting the attention of the passengers around him.

“Stop crying!!! Here, look!” Jiyong stuck out his tongue and did a silly face but it just made the baby bawl even more.

Jiyong smiled apologetically at the people around him and silently begged for that lady to return ASAP.

“Jiyong?” He heard a familiar voice and spun around. 

He saw Dara walking towards him from her row. 

“Where did you get this baby from?” Dara raised an eyebrow at him before bending down to look at the little girl. 

“Some lady told me to look after her and it won’t stop crying! Here, your turn!” He gave her to Dara in a quick motion. 

Dara immediately hugged the baby and patted her back, swaying left and right in the process.

“Hush hush… It’s okay…” She said gently.

As Dara continued to carry her in such a motion, the baby gradually stopped crying, causing Jiyong to drop his jaw. 

He turned Dara’s back to face him and pointed at the baby, “YAH! You did this on purpose didn’t you!” 

The baby started sobbing a little but was immediately coaxed by Dara once again.

“It’s okay, baby.. Don’t listen to this stupid man.”

Jiyong scowled at what he heard and his reaction earned a giggle from the baby. 

“t-toooo..pidd…” The baby mimicked and giggled at Jiyong once again, causing Dara to laugh out loud.

Jiyong folded his arms and glared at the baby, enraged by how the baby mocked him. 

Dara set some distance between the baby and her and begin to communicate with the baby, making funny faces and smiling at it.

The baby laughed once again, feeling entertained by her. 

‘SNAP’

The sound made Dara her head towards her right.

She saw Jiyong holding up his phone, screen facing her. Dara took a closer look and saw a photo of her making a kissy face at the baby. 

“Jiyong delete it!! I look like a fish!!” She frowned at him as he pulled his phone away. 

“Never!!!” He chuckled and locked his phone. 

“At least take a nicer one!!” 

“Hmm…. Fine!” He contemplated before replying her.

He unlocked his phone and set it at selfie mode, fitting the three of them into his screen.

“Say Kimchi!!” He turned his head towards the left and made a biting face, looking as if he was about to chew the baby’s head off.

Once he made sure Dara was satisfied with the photo, he locked his phone and kept it in his pocket.

"Aren''t you gonna delete the other one?" Dara asked.

"Fat hope!"

"BUT-"

“Thank you for taking care of my darling!!’ The lady from just now walked back towards them and picked her up, distracting Dara momentarily.

“No biggie!” Dara gave a slight bow and went back to her row while Jiyong just smiled awkwardly, making sure to shoot daggers at the baby before walking off.

 

 

__________________________❤︎__________________________

 

 

Dara’s POV

“Yah Minzy-ah, whatcha doing?” I scooted over to my dongsaeng’s side.

“I’m reading a magazine, unnie!” The maknae replied without glancing up.

I gave a huge sigh. There were still 4 more hours left till we land and I was getting really bored.

I’ve read most of the magazines already and none of them really interest me so I was just sitting in silence with Minzy at the lounge now. 

“I didn’t know I’d have this much free time as a flight attendant.” I mumbled to myself. 

I thought flight attendants were one of the busiest people on their job, having one errand after another.

While it is true that we have to be responsive to passengers 24/7, we still had it pretty easy as not many additional requests were made by anyone. Once we’ve completed all the necessary duties, we were pretty much free to do whatever we liked.

“Why not you go take a nap, like the rest?” Mindy suggested. 

“I got some rest already though.” I pouted.

I know! I’ll go ask Bom to accompany me! She’s been sleeping for quite some time already anyway.

I took the stairs to where our bunks were located and carefully tiptoed as I approached the rooms.

I opened the first door and was welcomed by thunderous snores. 

Bom’s a light sleeper so it was definitely not this room. I shut the door immediately and proceeded to the next one. I walked in and saw Seungri sleeping with his mouth open.

Is that drool I see?! Gross!!!!

I shut the door once again and proceeded to the next room. 

I opened the door and saw just one sleeping figure. 

As I walked closer, I realised it was actually Jiyong.

Pfft, where is that Bommie???

I turned around and was about to leave when I caught something from the corner of my eye.

Jiyong’s gold iphone case was reflecting light into my eyes. 

I made myself face it and then came up with a brilliant idea!!!

I picked up his phone, scrolled upwards to launch the camera function and began taking selfies, thankful that he kept his phone on silent.

I deleted some and only let the slightly cuter ones remain, which reminds me, time to delete that ugly photo Jiyong took of me!! 

I went back to the lock screen but once I slid it open, I realised he set a passcode. 

SIGHHH. 

I can’t let him get away with this!! What if he blackmails me with the photo?!?

Hmmm….. Maybe I’ll get lucky with it?

 

KJY WRONG PASSCODE

Jiyong WRONG PASSCODE

Kwon Ji Yong WRONG PASSCODE

 

What could his passcode be!! AISHHHH!

 

KwonJiyong WRONG PASSCODE

Jiyongkwon WRONG PASSCODE

 

I kept trying and trying until I saw red.

IPHONE HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR 2MINS

Oh crap! Oh well, it's just 2 minutes. I could wait.

Now, what would Jiyong put as his passcode?

If it's not his name then what else?

His house address? His childhood name? But I don't know any of that!!!

Argghhhhh~ Oh wait! It's not disabled anymore!!

Iamkwonjiyong IPHONE HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR 5MINS

HMMMMM.... What could it be?

I glumly waited for another 5mins before I tried again.

Iamsocute IPHONE HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR 15MINS

Noooooo!!! I need to wait again???

Just what stupid passcode could it be?!

His favourite food? His favourite colour?

As I racked my brains to figure out his code, I realised we didn't really knew anything about each other. 

But I suppose that will change since we're gonna be colleagues for awhile now!

I caught my breath when I saw Jiyong stir in his sleep.

Oh no! What if he wakes up before I manage to unlock his phone!!!

I slowly leaned forward to check if his eyes are open but as my shadow hovered over him, his eyes opened, wide awake.

OUCH!

He jumped up in shock and hit my forehead with his in the process. 

I rubbed my forehead and grumbled while he just looked at his surroundings. 

"Why are you watching me sleep, Dara?!" He interrogated me.

"W-what are you talking about! I was just walking around!" I gave the most innocent grin, simultaneously putting my hands behind my back.

I thought I was gonna get away with my excuse when suddenly "What's that behind your back?" 

"N-nothing!!" I was about to make a run for it when he held onto my arm.

"Why do you have my phone?" He questioned me and I was panicking for a response.

We stood there in silence for 10 seconds before he launched onto me.

"GIVE ME THE PHONE, YOU THIEF!!" 

I brought his phone to my front and bent over, hiding it from his grasp. 

We began turning in circles as he tried snatching it from me, moving along with him behind me.

I could feel his arms brushing against mine and they felt.. rock hard.

Wait, what am I saying?

"YAH!" He screamed in my ear.

Then, he stopped and put distance between us. Erm, too close for comfort maybe? 

"Give it." He stuck his hand out with a stoic face.

I pouted and unwillingly returned the phone to him.

He turned the screen on and I took a glance. Luckily it's not disabled anymore huhu!!!

He swiped it open and I took this opportunity to peek "What's your passcode Jiyong?"

I scooted closer but he turned away and tried to type something. 

"Tell me~~~" I followed him.

"Stop that! I can't type properly!" I heard his frustrated voice.

I continued following him. Left, right, right again and then turning left again.

"TELL ME!!!" I moved a lil too quickly, sending a jerk towards his right arm.

And that's when I realise he pressed the 'Done' button by accident.

IPHONE HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR 30MINS

"What the ?!" I heard him curse.

Oh no! I took advantage of his distracted self and slowly backed towards the door.

"Dara....." I heard him growl, making me freeze in my steps.

"I-it was j-just a j-joke..." I gulped.

He tugged the ends of his hair, causing some strands to fall off from its neatly waxed position.

I heard his heavy breaths. Was he trying to calm himself down?

"I hate it when people touch my things without permission.." I heard him say in a low tone.

I could tell he wasn't angry anymore. If he was a roaring lion just now, he sure is just an intimidating kitten now.

"Just don't do it again, alright?" He glanced up to me and I felt my heart skip a beat. I looked into his eyes and convinced myself that it was probably just out of fear.

I nodded timidly and could only say "Sorry..."

I saw him roll his eyes, annoyed before shoving his phone back into his pocket.

"Let's get back to the cabin." He walked past me and headed straight for the steps.

He's not angry anymore is he? Huhu....

 

 

__________________________❤︎__________________________

 

 

 

Good morning ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. We will be starting our descent into Charles de Gualle Airport, France. We expect to land at 0640 hours, 4 minutes before our scheduled time. It is currently 11.20pm local time in Paris, France. The weather is of slight overcast and the temperature is 20 degree celsius. We wish you a pleasant stay in Paris and we hope to see you again soon. On behalf of all our crew, thank you for choosing 21 Korean Airlines for your holiday.

 

"HWAHHHH~ I'm going to Paris!!!!" Dara squealed excitedly as soon as she heard the announcement.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

How's the story so far? ^^