7. Blankie (Day 2)

Love On Board

Chapter 7

 

Writer's POV

“You feeling better?” Jiyong had his arms folded across his chest as he leaned against the sofa.

“Hello~?” He asked again.

“Don’t ignore me!” He turned to his right and glared at the girl wearing bunny pyjamas.

“WHAT!” She was facing him now, puffing her cheeks up.

“I asked you a question, didn’t I?” Jiyong was the one who felt annoyed now.

“And I didn’t FEEL LIKE replying you.” Dara scoffed and turned her head back towards the TV.

The two of them were watching Despicable Me on HBO and it was the 2nd movie they were watching.

Jiyong was sitting upright against the sofa while Dara had her body curled like a fetus, leaning her head on the arm rest.

After that bathroom incident, the both of them have decided it was best to pretend it didn’t happen.

Jiyong waited in her room for a good 20 minutes before they both went down to the living area to eat whatever Bom prepared for them.

They ate in an uncomfortable silence until Jiyong suggested they could check out some of the TV programs.

And that’s how they ended up here, back in the quiet with only the TV providing some company.

Neither of them seem to be really interested in the show but they didn’t have anything else to do anyway. 

“My tummy hurts a little…” Dara mumbled to herself.

Jiyong scratched his head and gave her a look, not really sure whether she was probing him to do something.

Maybe she was just talking to herself. Saying things out loud always made someone feel better, right?

It probably took him a minute before he decided to stand up and brisk walk towards the stairs.

“Where are you going? Yah!” Dara called out as he stumbled up to the second floor but he just continued walking.

Dara rolled her eyes and decided to just continue watching her show.

She felt a churning sensation in her stomach and leaned closer towards the arm rest, using it as a pillow for her head.

Being a girl . Her time of the month was always a burden and made her wish she was a boy at times.

She continued watching the movie where the little yellow monsters mumbled their funny language.

All of a sudden, a navy knitted blanket fell into her lap.

She turned her head up and saw Jiyong staring down at her.

He was standing behind the sofa when he threw the covers over her body.

Dara continued to look at Jiyong with wide eyes, a warm feeling spread over her chest at his gentlemanly action.

As she was letting that fuzzy feeling envelope her, Jiyong let out a cheeky grin- 

“PLOP”

Her head was smacked with a pillow before she heard him breath out, “Stop staring at me like that, you retard!” 

Well, of course he had to ruin such a nice moment.

She grabbed the pillow out of her face and realised that it was her very own electronic pillow.

“You should put that on your tummy.” Jiyong had his back to her as he set down two cups on the table in front of them.

Hot chocolate!!! Dara reached forward when she inhaled the rich cocoa scent.

She placed both her hands around the mug and let the warmth transfer onto her palms.

A noisy slurp was heard when Dara took huge sips and she didn’t notice how Jiyong was stifling his laughter.

What a kid.

The red mug Dara was holding onto was placed back onto the coffee table and she snuggled against her pillow, wrapping the blanket around her body like a sushi.

She was fully covered all the way up to her chin and she breathed in a faint cologne scent.

This blankie smells soooo good~

Jiyong chuckled when he realised what she was doing and it caught her attention.

A pinkish tint rose to her cheeks but she masked it up and lifted her chin.

“Thanks by the way.. I could share my blanket if you want.” She lifted one end of the blanket and pointed it to him causing Jiyong to scoff, “YOUR blanket?”

“Well, it’s mine- for now! Take it or leave it, !”

“NO THANK YOU!” Sarcasm dripped from his reply.

Jiyong didn’t bother trying to warm himself with the blanket, though he scooted a little closer to Dara’s side. 

Whether it’s because the show wasn’t entertaining or because the sofa was too comfortable, sleep was catching up to both of them.

Within minutes, their eyelids started to flutter and they both went into a deep sleep.

 

 

 

__________________________❤︎__________________________

 

 

Writer’s POV

“YAH MAKNAE! Help me with these won’t you!!!” Daesung screamed at the fella walking empty handed in front of the gang.

All three guys were holding onto everyone’s beach bags while the girls had bags of groceries on their arms.

Seungri pouted and went towards Youngbae, reaching for a stripped duffel bag.

He hung it onto his right shoulder and continued walking.

The seven of them just alighted from the cabs they took and were walking back towards the villa.

Their villa was located on a elevated grassland which required them to pass through a flight of stairs every time they went in or out.

"I wonder how's Dara and Jiyong." Seunghyun said as he unlocked the main metal gate. 

“There’s no screaming or shouting from the inside! Something's wrong here.." Seungri chuckled, remembering how the two of them loved to bicker endlessly. 

"Maybe they're still sleeping..." Bom added as they approached the door. 

And she was right, they were sleeping, but instead of sleeping in their own rooms, they were sleeping together on the sofa.

Dara was lying horizontally on the sofa while Jiyong’s head was nestled in her lap, his legs curled slightly to fit himself comfortably.

They didn’t understand why Dara was the only one covered by the blanket but they noticed how her left hand  slipped out and was gripping onto the back of Jiyong’s sweater tightly.

Bom smiled as she looked at the two of them, wondering how the both of them fell into this position.

She took out her iPhone and snapped a picture of the loving couple before leaving the room quietly. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short update....