2. Turbulence

Love On Board

Chapter 2

 

Jiyong's POV 

Should I apologize? 

Maybe, maybe not. 

My ego is gonna suffer lots of damage if I do so. 

But if I don't, my conscience won’t let me off. 

Ahh, this is so unlike me!!

Why are you like this, Kwon Jiyong?

Alright, I’ll just apologize to her and we can call it quits.

Then, I won’t be bothered by this incident anymore. Easy.

I peeped out the curtain to where she is and saw her standing at the end of her row, daydreaming.

I rolled my eyes and started walking towards her when the planed jerked a little. No, actually it jerked pretty badly and almost caused me to lose my balance. 

 

‘DING’

 

The seatbelt sign , guess it was just turbulence. I was about to reach her when she suddenly scooted off towards one of the passengers, probably to tell them to head back to their seats. I checked my row and ran toward an elderly to assist her into getting back to her seat. 

I was walking towards the end of the row when I heard Dara’s voice.

 

"Sir! Please take a seat! The airplane is experiencing some turbulence and it's very dangerous to stay standing.”

 

It was the same caucasian man that was talking to her just now. And she’s holding onto his arm, what a flirt.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking off.

“Oh, heyyyyy~ Aren’t you that beautiful girl from earlier on?” I heard him say to her, rolling my eyes again.

"Sir, please take a seat and buckle your seat belt." Dara ignored his question and urged him to sit down again. 

"Oh? Why not you just buckle on tight to me pretty girl.." He sat onto his seat and pulled her forcefully onto his lap. 

My eyes widened in shock when I heard that, “What the fu-”

"Sir, p-please let go of me!" She tried to stand up but he held onto her hips and started caressing her thighs. 

The passengers around started to glance to their direction after hearing the commotion. 

But even so, none of them stood up to help her and just watch her struggle against the man's grip. What the hell!

"P-Please stop t-touching me! Please!" She shouted as tears started to flow down her face.

The man ignored her and continued with his act, his hands were now roaming under her skirt as she continued to struggle helplessly against him. 

“PLEASE STOP! IT HURTS! STOP!” She started shrieking as her tears flowed out uncontrollably. 

 

 

And that’s when I lost it.

 

 

I subconsciously ran over and threw a punch over the guy’s jaw. 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?!”, I heard myself shout.

The man took a step back unsteadily and that’s when I noticed the redness on his arms and cheeks, he was probably drinking, a lot.

I hurriedly pulled Dara away from the man and pushed her behind my back, she was still crying, whimpering and shaking her head.

I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I felt myself rubbing my palm up and down her back, trying to calm her but she still wouldn't stop crying and shrieking. 

"What the hell was that for dude?" The man said as he wiped off the blood from his lips. "How much is she worth? I would pay any amount just to have some fun with her.." The man smirked and eyed her body again. "Say that again and I'll make sure the only thing you need to pay for is your funeral!”

How dare he! I walked towards him and was about to throw another punch when someone held onto me.

"Jiyong, take Dara inside, I'll settle this." It was our Chief.

I didn’t bother giving a reply and hurriedly brought Dara back to our bunks, slightly dragging her along as she was still standing still in her spot, repeating the same words over and over again. 

I helped her sit onto her bed and looked at her. There were trails of tear stains down her cheeks and her eyes were out of focus.

 

"Dara.." I reached for her hand gently.

"I DONT WANT TO DO THIS!" She clutched onto her head and shook it hard. "PLEASE STOP, IT HURTS! IT HURTS!" 

"Dara! Calm down Dara! What are you talking about?” I tried to grab onto her arm but she pushed me away forcefully and started screaming again.

"Yah! It's me, Jiyong! Look at me!" I held onto both her cheeks and made her face me.

She struggled again but stopped once my face was in full view. She looked away and started to calm down. 

Her breathing was still fast and there were still tears in her eyes. She trembled a little as she tried to stop herself from crying. 

"Dara.. Are you okay?" I was starting to get a little worried.

"I-I'm fine.." I heard her choke.

Why was she reacting like that? Did something happen in the past? This is making me so curious…

I looked at her face again. Her once rosy cheeks seemed to have lost colour and her pale face was now filled with tear stains. 

I guess it’s better if I don’t bring up anything, I don’t want to cause another relapse of this.

"Yah.. Stop crying alright?” I sure am unexperienced when it comes to comforting a girl so I just sat there with her in silence.

 

And that’s how she continued to cry for another good 20mins until I finally turned to face her, “You’re gonna become real ugly if you continue to cry..” 

She turned away from me and mumbled, “D-don’t look at m-me, I don’t want anyone to s..see me like this…..”

 

“When are you going to run out of tears?” I asked, half worried and half impatient. 

“I don’t know…” She replied softly.

We sat in silence for another 10mins before I heard her speak, “Jiyong, can you say something?”

“Hmm?”, what the hell did she want now?

“Anything about yourself, to rid my mind of this.”

“Well…”, I thought long and hard. “I like taking pictures. I bring my camera almost everywhere I go and I have a specific album for every year that passes. I like to capture the special moments, and if I don’t have my camera with me, I’ll use my phone.”

I glanced at her and watched as she gave a nod to what I say.

“That’s a nice thing to do…” She spoke softly.

“What about you?” 

“I sleep with a pillow warmer every night. I can’t sleep without it or else I’d wake up with a migraine.” 

“That’s pretty weird, so you carry an electronic pillow wherever you go?” I raised my brow at her.

“Yeah, it’s in my luggage right now. And it has bunny prints on it.” She replied with a soft smile.

So she likes bunnies, huh? What a kid. 

We sat there in awkward silence for about 5 mins before I decided to break the ice.

“Uh.. I think I should go back to my cabin now, I could cover for you for-”

“Jiyong.” She suddenly interrupted me.

“Hmm?”

“Can I.. have a hug?”

What the….

“Sorry, I don’t… really hug girls.” I heard myself reply her almost immediately.

“Oh.. It’s fine. It’s just that Sanghyun used to hug me whenever I broke down. I hope you won’t take it the wrong way.” She gave a defeated look and lowered her gaze.

“It’s cool.. I’ll get going first.” I left her alone in the bunk and rushed out. It’s not the first time I rejected a girl’s hug but I can’t help but feel ultra guilty this time. It’s probably because she’s sad and looking so fragile right? But I did manage to stop her cries so it’s not that bad of me to reject her hug right? Who's Sanghyun anyway? Her ex-boyfriend? Ugh, I don’t want to think about this anymore.

 

A/N:

Thank you for reading and subscribing!! Don't forget to upvote and comment ^-^ Will try to do a double update tomorrow!