ONE

FAERY: Living The Idol Life

[Debut Days]
ONE

The music finally stopped, and everyone let out a long sigh before dropping themselves on the floor and looked at the ceiling. They had been practicing for a few hours now, and it’s finally time to go home. The girls decided to roll around on the floor for a while before going home.

Bella crawled tiredly to the box of water bottles and opened it, took a bottle and drank it. She looked over to the others. Almost everyone’s face was red and tired from exhaustion. She decided to take other water bottles and roll around on the floor to the members, where the bottles stopped right beside them. The female manager handed her a towel, which she took it happily.

“Girls, let’s go home.” The manager, Leena, spoke as she looked at her watch, but the girls won’t budge.
Sherry tiredly sat up and looked at the manager. “Can’t we sleep here instead?”.
“That’s a good idea…” Saii said.
“You guys are kidding… right?” Leena asked. Since everything was new for her, she couldn’t even differentiate between a teasing and a serious conversation.
“Yeay we’re sleeping here!!” Hyunnie sang.
“No no no you guys can’t do that!”
“We will because we can!” Nadi said, rolling further away in the room.

The manager was so surprised. She sat down and sighed. She is a diligent girl but handling these girls made her worry every day, but she liked it nonetheless. After a few moments of being in silence, Bella finally stood up.

“Yah, let’s go home. We have Music Bank stage tomorrow…” she said, and the girls finally started to pack up their things, preparing to go home.
“Wow, what kind of magic did you use, Bella-ya?” Leena asked. Bella laughed and shook her head before making her way to the door.

_____________________________

The girls were on their beds, preparing to sleep. There are two rooms with double-decker beds, except that the second room has one more single bed. The only person who sleeps on it is Saii, since she wanted to sleep alone. The first room is for Bella, Hyunnie, Sherry and Nadi while the second room is for Saii, Deni and Ai Sha.

Rather than sleeping, Nadi played with her phone, looking at her Twitter. She was at the upper side of the bed, and the bed next to her was Hyunnie’s.
“I can’t believe it’s been a week since we debuted…” Hyunnie said, staring in a blank space.
“Seriously. My followers are increasing too…” Nadi said, her eyes still glued on the phone.
“Hey, do you think that those boy groups would recognize us?” Bella asked.
“Maybe… That would be seriously great…” Nadi said.
“Boy groups? Which one?” Sherry asked.
“EXO~” Nadi whispered, looking over the annoyed Hyunnie.
“So how does it feel, meeting the guys that you like?” Sherry .
“These unnies seriously…” Hyunnie rolled her eyes. “But my heart was pounding so fast when we brushed against them during back stage! Ahh the feeling…”
“Shouldn’t we be sleeping now? I bet those girls next door are sleeping already” Bella said, pulling her blanket over her.
“Sleep? You bet!” Saii said, popping her head out from the door.
Nadi sat up and frowned, “Hey, go to sleep!”
Deni pushed the door open wider. “We can’t sleep so we decided to come here.”
“I thought we’re supposed to be tired?” Sherry frowned.
“It’s still too early~” Saii cooed.

That night, the girls slept quite late, talking about various things about life of being idols. The next morning, they had to wake up really early. Like it or not, they dragged themselves out of their beds and prepared for the day.

Arriving in the waiting room, it didn’t take long for the girls to be dolled up. They weren’t fussy and were well-prepared, although they were actually kind of sleepy. In the waiting room, aside from the girls, are a few other female rookies who just came. Interestingly, Faery was praised for being very early unlike other female idols.

“Hey,” Leena spoke, “we have 40minutes until rehearsal, so you guys can relax a bit.”
Hyunnie excitedly stood up, pulling Sherry along with her. “Unnie, can we go to the washroom?” she asked, her eyes sparkled.
“You mean sight-seeing…” Nadi said. She was leaning back on the couch, trying to sleep.
Leena looked over to Nadi, before turning her attention back to the Hyunnie and Sherry. “Fine, but don’t get lost and get back here quickly.”
With that said, the two excited girls quickly made their way out of the waiting room and walked through the hallway.

Deni was busy talking with Ai Sha, while Bella was listening to some songs to get rid of nervousness. Saii was already sleeping, and Nadi was next to her. Once in a while, she would open her eyes, and shut it again. She then sighed, feeling really tired for some reason.

The seat on the couch next to her was empty, but suddenly she felt like someone sat there. Nadi opened her eyes and looked to her left, and she had a surprised reaction seeing the girl next to her. It was the rookie female soloist from Cube Ent., Lee Hyojung. Nadi quickly bowed to her slightly and greeted her, and Hyojung did the same. Nadi was scared that it might be awkward, because she’s always awkward around people she just met. Obviously, everyone’s like that.

“Hi,” Hyojung said, “you look tired. Are you okay?”
Nadi nodded, “Yes I’m fine, thanks. I’m just tired…”
“Oh, then do you want an energy drink? It makes me feel refreshed everytime!”
“…Well, what brand is it?” Nadi asked awkwardly.

Hyojung then called out for someone who she called unnie. Nadi looked up and was surprised to see the soloist Kim Nayoung, who had debuted last year. She’s in Cube Ent. too, so obviously these two are close. Nadi immediately bowed to her, and she laughed. Nayoung handed Nadi a bottle of an energy drink before dragging a chair to sit near the two of them. Although it was awkward for Nadi, but these two were really friendly and warm. She then learned that Nayoung was here to cheer on for Hyojung, and they were really friendly.

In the hallway, Hyunnie and Sherry slowly walked further from the washroom. They did go to the washroom, but their real intention was something else. Such cheeky fairies. From afar, Hyunnie could see the group she had wanted to see. She quickly pulled Sherry’s arm and the two hid in a corner, peeping at the guys.

“Omo they’re so handsome!” Hyunnie squealed.
“Ah EXO is so good-looking every day! We’re so lucky to get to see them today and oh look it’s Luhan!!” Sherry fangirled.
“Shoosh! They’re getting close!!” Hyunnie said, and the two stood straight up.

The guys of EXO walked past the two, bowing at them as they go. The two girls bowed back and held themselves for a while. But when the guys finally disappeared in a corner, the two continued to squeal. They made their way back to the waiting room, feeling happy all the way.

Entering the waiting room, Sherry and Hyunnie saw that their group was getting ready. Ai Sha was busy tying the ribbon at the back of Deni’s costume.
“Why don’t we get to have wings? Why ribbons instead?” Deni mumbled, and Ai Sha could only shook her head.
“Hey, are we next?” Hyunnie asked, and Leena quickly rushed her to get ready without answering the question.

Leena then made the last check for the girls, but she was missing one member. Saii was awake now, and Bella was talking with Saii. So that one girl was…. Nadi? Leena turned her head to look at the far end of the waiting room, where she saw Nadi taking a selca with the two soloists. Leena called out for her, and Nadi had to bid the two soloists farewell.

“Thanks for the drink! And fighting for the both of you!” Nadi smiled.
“No problem. You have our numbers now right? Let’s hang out sometime!” Hyojung smiled.
“Good luck Nadi-ah. Don’t be stressed okay? We’re here for you!” Nayoung said, and she gently shoved Nadi away. Nadi laughed before going to her group and did the last preparation.

As Faery went out of the waiting room and headed to the stage, Sherry poked Nadi, gaining her attention.
“Did you just made some idol friends?” she asked.
Nadi smiled, “Yup, why not?”
“Sherry is jealous~” Bella teased.
“What? I was just asking!” Sherry frowned, making Bella and Nadi laugh.

A few hours passed after the rehearsal, and it was time to perform. Honestly, looking at how Faery’s choreography is, everyone would think that it’s easy. But for them, it’s really hard. They had to practice a lot of hours, just to be in sync. And since they’re still new in the industry, everything was twice as hard in order to impress people. The female CEO of Rainbow Ent. was a perfectionist, and she wanted everything to be perfect.

After performing, the girls made their way back to the waiting room to pack up to go home.
“It’s finally over today~” Saii said, trying to sound cheerful.
“Did you notice? There’s a boy group watching over us during our performance from the side of the stage…” Deni said in a slow tone.
“You were supposed to concentrate on our performance, not looking over at people!” Saii scolded.
“Hey, I just saw them okay? When we made that turning dance.” Deni rolled her eyes.
“Which group?” Ai Sha asked curiously.
“Well, M.Pire? Yeah, they were supposed to perform after us right? And I saw that one member… was looking at you, Nadi unnie” Deni said, looking at the short unnie who was walking behind her.
“…Me? Really?” Nadi frowned.
“Shouldn’t you be happy?” Deni smiled, showing her teeth.
Nadi shrugged, and Deni then turned back to look at the front.
“Seriously Deni,” Sherry said, “did you just ‘saw’ them or you were actually looking at them?”. The girls then giggled and Deni pouted at her unnie’s teasing.

A producer from a broadcasting company coincidentally saw the girls fooling around each other as he passed by. He then called out to one of the staff.
“Hey, what if we put those Faery girls as the next stars in the show? They don’t look fake, and quite noisy too.”
The staff looked over to the girls in a glimpse. “Yeah, they looked fun. If you’re fine with it then I’ll start with the paper works right away!”

With that, a new short-running program starring Faery will be planned and set in the future. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(A/N: lol i love these gheis. does it look typical? i never read ANY girl group fanfics ever except for some few one-shots lol. those two soloists are OCs i hope it's ok hehe. thank you so much for subscribing and even commenting!! im really happy that you're interested in this fanfic <3 btw pls keep in mind that this is during debut days so it's like happening in July to August/September. i think there's growl promotion during that so yea)