THREE

FAERY: Living The Idol Life

THREE

The atmosphere was tense and quiet. The girls and some staff of the company were in a meeting room in the company building, waiting for the CEOs. This was all because of that MTV show that they were supposed to be on.

It’s the month of September, and they were working hard in order to improve themselves. Some members even prepared themselves with variety skills, but all of a sudden they received news that the show was to be cancelled. And with that, the two CEOs of the company decided to discuss the matter with a MTV representative. Thus, everyone was waiting nervously for the results.

Just then the two CEOs came in as the door swung open, and everyone stood up to bow at them. Once the two went to their seats, everyone then sat back down and inhaled sharply, making sure that they were prepared for the better or worst.

The female CEO looked at each of the members’ faces, before finally decided to talk.
“As today, we have some news to announce. The first one is regarding the variety show of MTV. I am sorry, but we won’t be doing that show.”
As expected, the result was disappointing. Even without talking, it was obvious that the girls were really disappointed.
“However,” the female CEO continued, “we also came down to a decision where Faery will have their own special videos being put up on Youtube, like other idols.”
With that said, the girls had their surprised face on. They can’t help but smile at the good news. One way or another, the fans would be able to know about them more.
“Now that’s aside, the other news is… well…” the female CEO hesitated.
“I’m going to retire.” The male CEO who happened to be Bella’s dad said, and everyone was again in shock, except for Bella. She of course knew of this already.
“But sir… Isn’t it a little early to retire?” one of the staff spoke.
“Early? I have been working all these years… and all I wanted to see was at least one of the groups that we put our trust on will be able to shine. Rather than being a CEO, I would like to observe all of you as a normal netizen. And of course, I am very proud of my daughter, Bella.” He said with a smile.
“For now, we’re just going to be promoting Faery. Since we don’t have many trainees in our company, it’ll save us a lot of cost and we put our hopes on you, Faery. Don’t feel burdened, but take this as a motivation to push you guys forward. About the variety show, let’s just decide on a name for now.” The female CEO said, being serious as ever.
“Faery TV?” someone suggested.
“But putting the ‘tv’ is so… typical” another stuff mumbled.
“How about ‘Faery Tale’? I don’t think we should have a reason why we put on that name…” Nadi suggested, and all eyes were on her.
The other members perked with interest, liking the new name.
“Faery Tale it is then.” The female CEO smiled, and everyone was surprised. She rarely smile or even talk nicely even. “We’ll leave now for a meeting, and we’ll live everything for you girls to decide” she said as she stood up, along with the other CEO. After excusing themselves, they went out of the meeting room.

Just as the door of the meeting room was closed, leaving the Faery members with some female staffs, the members squealed in excitement.
“Finally!!” Hyunnie cheered.
“Ah so excited~” Saii said happily.
“Okay girls,” a staff said, “let’s just briefly discuss on the things for the videos and then you girls could go practice again.”

_____________________________________

The day was then spent with practicing. After practicing with their choreography for a few hours, the girls decided to do their own activities in the practice room that evening. Ai Sha was teaching the dance to Deni so that she would do less mistakes, Saii was sitting around playing with her phone while slowly practicing her vocals, Sherry was talking with Bella and Nadi was practicing her rap alone in a corner.

Hyunnie, on the other hand, was sitting next to the manager, Leena, while staring at everyone. All of a sudden, she got an idea out of boredom. Leena was checking the schedules for the week and organizing stuff, but she doesn’t look as busy.
“Leena unnie~” Hyunnie whispered, and Leena looked at the maknae.
“Yes?”
“Unnie, do you have that video recorder? The staff gave it to you already right?”
“Oh yeah, here it is.” Leena handed the video recorder to Hyunnie. “What are you going to do with it?”
“Well, something. But promise me you won’t tell anyone. This is just for fun!” Hyunnie winked, and Leena nodded, pretending to zip her lips.

Hyunnie then went into a corner in the practice room, making sure not to be noticed. She turned the thing on and recorded herself, adjusting her hair as she did so.
“Annyeonghaseyo. Faery’s maknae, Hyunnie imnida” she greeted, making sure her voice was low. “Today the members are practicing well and diligently for our comeback. By the time this video gets post up, I’m sure it’ll be after our comeback, so it’s okay”. She giggled.

Hyunnie then began to record each member’s activities secretly, while explaining slowly to the camera. After a while, she checked the clock hanged on the wall. It was almost time to go home. She then waved goodbye to the camera, before shutting it down. Looking around and making sure she was unnoticed, she sneakily put the camera back in Leena’s bag. After packing up, everyone then decided to go home.

In the dorm, the members were washing up in the bathroom and some are watching the TV in the living room. Hyunnie and Nadi were both in their room, organizing some of their messy stuff. Nadi looked at Hyunnie who was busy for a few moments, before calling out to her.

“Hyunnie ya, did you recorded us earlier?” Nadi asked, and Hyunnie stopped doing anything, shocked.
“R-Record?” she asked back.
Nadi giggled. “I know you did. I noticed. I won’t tell anyone, but I hope my footage in the video is alright.”
Hyunnie wasn’t sure how to answer her unnie.
“I’m just kidding. Don’t think much about it, I’m sure you recorded well” Nadi smiled.
“How did you even knew…?” Hyunnie frowned.
“I have super powers~” Nadi teased, before running off to the living room.
Hyunnie laughed a bit, before continuing her work.

Just a while before sleeping, everyone gathered in the living room that night, discussing over about the videos they’ll be putting up.
“Hey, you know, I could play my guitar in the video!” Saii suggested.
“Yeah, and the MCs in the video should change time by time…” Sherry said.
“Is there like, scheduled dates on when we could record and upload the videos?” Deni asked.
“I don’t think so. The CEOs said we could do whatever we like, right?” Bella said.

After a lot of talking, everyone then decided to go to sleep. Though they were really exhausted, they hoped that everything will go well once their comeback date gets announced.