Chapter 4 Part I

CEO/ Student relationship

Eric sits on the side of his bed, thinking back about yesterday, sighing in frustration.

 

 

After his work had ended, Eric wanted to unwind. Hence, he decided to go to a nearby roadside stall and have a drink. Another one more won’t harm me that’s what Eric kept thinking to himself. Little did he know, he ended up slightly tipsy. One thing about drunk people is that they either become unruly, or in the case of Eric, being ruminative.

 

And so, his mind kept replaying over and over what Minwoo had said to him in the office earlier on. Maybe I should move on. It’s been a few years already. Eric kept repeating those sentences to himself. Troubled with all those thoughts, he decided to have a quiet moment to himself in the park. Not expecting Hyesung to show up.

 

Somehow or rather, he blurted out his story on his wife to someone he had barely know for a week. What surprises him the most is that Hyesung even cried hearing their love story. That was something rare Eric thinks to himself. Whenever a person cries, it always makes them look vulnerable. That could be why Eric couldn’t resist the temptation in him not to comfort him using a kiss.

 

He looks so cute and innocent when he is so thoughtful of others.

 

Eric shakes his head vigorously, trying to get those thoughts out of his head. He then slowly gets up from the bed and ambled lazily to the kitchen, following the delicious scent that was brewing in the kitchen. And there, he found Hyesung wrapped in a white apron, with his hair tied up in a small ponytail.

Eric could feel his heart thumping while staring at Hyesung’s serious expression.

Why can’t he be more normal looking and not so pretty looking? Eric thought while gritting his teeth. Deep down, he doesn’t even know why he is acting like that as well.

 

Hyesung looks up while settling down the utensils, smiling brightly. Eric lets out a soft gasp. It felt like spills of aura was ading throughout Hyesung. He feels different today.

 

“Morning Eric-ssi!” Hyesung said in an unusually bright tone.

 

“Mor-morning.” Eric could not help but stuttered. He felt so dark as compared to the aura-emitting Hyesung. Eric waits for Hyesung to finish settling down the utensils before he begin to speak. “Listen. About yesterday night,” Hyesung slowly looks up, his cheeks were flushed. “The kiss doesn’t really mean anything. It was really more of like a thank you kiss. That’s how most people says thank you in foreign country.” Eric sipped his soup after saying those words, not showing much sincerity. Silence immediately bestowed upon them. 

 

When suddenly,

“We are in Korea now! Don’t anyhow use other countries mannerism in Korea!” Hyesung suddenly stood up from his seat, hair covering most of his eyes. “I can’t let you get away with it after stealing my first kiss! You need to take responsibility!”

 

 

Eric choked on his rice after hearing Hyesung’s sudden outburst.

 

“Listen, I don't know why but I feel that something is pulling me to you. No matter how hard I try to push it away, it always come back stronger. I am not saying that we are meant to be, but the things that are happening to us, like the first meeting, isn't that more than a mere coincidence?If not why did we meet in the airport in the first place, met for the second time as my sister is your secretary and why is it that you can told me everything about your wife when I’ve only worked for you for a week only? Yet, my sister who has worked with you for so long doesn’t even know the basic details?” Having said that, Hyesung stomped into his room with a long bang. Eric remained in his seat, baffled. Did he just indirectly confess to me? He quickly regains his senses after hearing a door click. He turned around to find Hyesung in a new set of clothes, with a bag sling over his shoulders, looking quite angry as well.

 

“I am going to meet my friend at a nearby café for lunch. I have already done all the chores so called me if you need any help or whatsoever. Bye.” Hyesung was looking sideways when talking to Eric, avoiding his eyes and his cheeks were burning red. Come on…. Hyesung begged in his mind. Say something….

 

“Oh okay. Bye.” Hyesung seeing no signs of Eric wanting to continue his sentence puffed his cheeks in annoyance and left. Leaving a flabbergasted Eric staring into space.


Once he set foot into the cafe, Hyesung was greeted with a hug. I haven’t seen you for quite some time Hyung!” The person said cheerfully.

That person was Junjin. Hyesung’s junior while in university. They are quite close. Having spent nearly every day with each other after their lessons have ended. Even though they had graduated from university, and stepping into different paths, they never ceased any contacts with each other. And that is why; they have a close friendship. Although Hyesung is the older one, it was always Jun Jin that has helped looked out for Hyesung.

“How was your trip to Japan? Did you find any work?” Hyesung asked

 

“Yeap. I now work as an interior designer. It’s kinda like my dream job.” Jun Jin said, eyes beaming with anticipation. “How about you Hyung? Any jobs?”

 

“For the time being, I’m a helper and a housekeeper for someone, under the condition that they provide a roof for me to live in.”

 

“Are you sure it will be safe for you to live in someone’ house you just met?” Jun Jin’s face was filled with worried.

 

“Oh.” Hyesung widened his eyes, patting Jun Jin’s hands. “You do not need to worry. He is my sister’s boss, Eric Mun, the CEO of Shinhwa. You know, the really famous engineering company?”

 

“Eric Mun?” Jun Jin frowned his brows; bad feelings began to churn inside him.

 

Hyesung not noticing the unpleasant look Jun Jin gave, went on to another topic. And from there, they were so busy interacting with each other about how their lives have been that they had forgotten the time. It was only when Hyesung was replying to a message in his phone did he noticed the time. “Woah! It’s now 8 pm. Times sure flies when you’re enjoying yourself.” Hyesung chuckled to himself, causing his fringe to fall across his eyes. Jun Jin, as if on reflex, leans across the table and his hands were about to reach Hyesung’s hair to swipe them away when suddenly a hand was grabbing onto Jun Jin’s wrist. Painfully.

 

He looks up to see a pair of menacing gaze falling upon him. Eric Mun. Jun Jin thought to himself.

 


A/N: I split up this chapter into 2 parts because i don't like the chapter to be too long