Chapter 11

CEO/ Student relationship

The news conference came to an end after the shocking revelation.

Eric stood up and gave a deep bow to the reporters before he hastily left the stage. He knew he had caught Hyesung off by surprise. He knew that things were about to change. Did I scare him away? What if the meaning behind the kiss was just based off from my wishful thinking?

Backstage, MinWoo pulls Eric aside, away from the spotlight of people. “Would you care to explain to me what just happened?” He raised his eyebrows.

“What?” Eric tried to act confused. Now that he has regained his stability, he had realized that his courage during the press conference had dissipated completely. “To be honest, I still don’t understand why I did that. Maybe it was because I was scared that if I didn’t confess now, he might be taken by someone else.” He muttered off as soon as he noticed MinWoo stifling himself from laughing.

“Aren’t you supposed to be angry about how I led the conference just now?” Eric questioned.

“Not really.” MinWoo shrugged his shoulders. “I’ve seen you do worse before and honestly, our investors don’t really care about your relationship status. Unless of course if they are obsessed with you, like your fans.” MinWoo rolled his eyes. “But I was surprised by the confession given the fact that I thought the both of you were always at each other throat.” 

“I will explain to you soon okay? Right now let’s get to our car. I need to go find Hyesung. Who knows how he reacted just now.” Eric lets out a dejected sigh. Should I be prepared for a rejection? He is so unpredictable. How am I able to see him if he doesn’t want to see me after what had happened?

As he mulls over the various possibilities and the solutions to counteract the possible scenarios, he walked in silent with MinWoo by his side to their car, flanked by their bodyguards and staff members.

Ironically, all of this would have been made simpler if he had gone backstage to find Hyesung but in the midst of his own unsettledness, he had forgotten about him.


“Do you see him?” Hyesung asked frantically. “Is he there? Has he left already?”

“Hyung, I can’t see a thing with this crowd,” Junjin said exasperatedly. “Why don’t you just go find him at his house since you are the housekeeper? You do have access there. Do you not?” Junjin questioned Hyesung with a puzzled look.

“Why should I go to his house for answers? He didn’t even bother to look for me after the press conference.” Hyesung pouts. What a guy. What’s with all these mixed signal Eric-ssi?

“Maybe his mind was too preoccupied about the various aftermaths.” Junjin reasoned. “Hyung, you really need to see him. Well, seeing how stubborn you are, you leave me with no choice.”

He snatched Hyesung’s phone out of his pockets and with swift and rapid movements, he begins tapping on the phone hastily. He has only one goal; which is to find Eric number and contact him. All the while pushing Hyesung away the moment he is in arm lengths. I need to contact Eric-ssi and ask him to meet Hyesung at his house. HAHAHA oh Junjin-ssi, you are such a clever man.

“Give me back my phone!” Hyesung shouts as he tried to grab hold of Junjin and wrestle his phone out of his grasp.

“Here you go,” Junjin said calmly.

“What…” Hyesung stammered. “What did you do to it?”

“Oh nothing much, just checking,” Junjin answered with a bright gleam in his eyes, proud of what he has done. “Don’t bother to find any evidence since I have erased them from your phone,” Junjin smirked.

“I will kill you.” Stressed Hyesung as he chased Junjin around, avoiding the throngs of people exiting the compound.

*BEEP BEEP*

“What’s that sound?” MinWoo asked.

“It’s my phone.” Eric reached for his pocket and slide out his phone. Suddenly, his face was flushed with all sorts of the colour red. He couldn’t make out any sound but the look on his face was evident enough that he was exhilarated. Even MinWoo was looking at him curiously.

 

Eric-ssi, this is Hyesung. I was wondering if you can meet me at my house tonight. I have sent you my home address so you can get here quicker. Be here at around 7 pm. Thanks and do not reply to my message.


Thanks for reading and leave a comment if you will :)