Page 7

Flutter of Pages

 

 

~Page 7~

 

 

 

 

“Mister, do you have any comics here?”

Luhan picks his head up from the desk and gasps when he sees a women with a boy, standing in front of him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear the door opening. Welcome to Flutter of Pages, How may I help you?”

The kid pops his gum, “I just asked you if you guys have comics.” He receives a light smack on the back of the head from the women. She turns to Luhan with a smile, “Excuse my brother’s nasty attitude. These kids don’t learn the correct way, these days. But, yes we’re looking for a couple of books for him,” she passes Luhan a piece of paper, “That’s the list they gave him. He has to pick three out of ten. He already chose…”

“You did.” the boy grumbled underneath his breath.

With a small glare at her brother, she continues to talk, “three of them already. So if you are kind enough to find them for us, we’ll be more than grateful. Wouldn’t we Chanyeol?”

The boy, Chanyeol rolls his eyes, “yea, sure.”

Luhan reads over the three books, then stands up, “You can follow me to where the books are, or just wait here…”

“That’s the other thing, I was wondering if my brother can stay in for…hmm, maybe two hours. I have this meeting to go to, and I’m his only ride around. Plus, I don’t feel like bringing him along.”

“I don’t want to go to the stupid, boring meetings anyways.” Chanyeol retorts.

The women continues, “Would you mind?”

Luhan looks at the boy and then back at the women, “Its fine. He can stay.”

“Thank you, thank you, and thank you.” She shakes Luhan’s hand furiously. She turns to the boy and ruffles his hair, “Be good and don’t give him a hard time.”

With a little fuss, she places a kiss on the boy’s forehead before rushing out the store.

Luhan stands there a bit unsure what to do with the other, so he walks around the desk and starts looking for the books. After a couple of minutes Luhan walks back to the desk, with books in hand, and smiles seeing the boy twirling around in his chair.

He clears his throat, “I found the books for you.”

The lanky boy stops and immediately stands up from the chair, “Sorry,” a tint of pink was starting to paint his cheeks, “I was bored…and the chair…yea.”

The older of the two shakes his head, “Its fine. You can sit there if you like.” With no hesitation, the boy sits down. Luhan places the books in front of the boy, and pulls up an empty chair next to him.

“I just need you to answers some questions for the take-out form, ok?”  Luhan continues when he receives a small nod. “You’re name is Chanyeol?”

“Park Chanyeol” Luhan types it in.

“Age?”

Chanyeol turns this time to look at the computer screen, “16” Luhan smiles, “Only three years younger than me. You can call me hyung then.”

Hyung” the boy mutters under his breath.

After a few more questions, Chanyeol started reading and Luhan started to stack books onto the shelves. Eventually, two hours passed by and Chanyeol’s sister came running in. Hollering for Chanyeol to hurry up because they had a family dinner to go to. Luhan didn’t forget to tell them to come back. He did smile after hearing Chanyeol whisper, “I will,” before getting pulled out the store.

Even though Luhan was happy that he might have made a new dongsaeng, he was still disappointed when Sehun didn’t show up again. He let out a heavy sigh as he locked up the store.