Page 4

Flutter of Pages

 

 

~Page 4~

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure? Because it won’t be a problem for me to work a couple of days?”

Luhan shook his head, “Its fine Minseok-Hyung. I enjoy being here,” he assured his boss.  Their relationship wasn’t really an employer-employee one, but more of a best-friends type.

Minseok nods his head, but he still feels guilty about leaving Luhan to work every day. “Don’t you have school?”

Luhan dramatically places his hand over his heart, “Did my best friend really forget that I graduated high school this year? I think my heart just broke!”  This causes Minseok to playfully thump Luhan on the forehead with his middle finger.

“Whatever loser. I just feel bad leaving you here all alone.”

Luhan takes a quick look around the store before returning his eyes on his friend, “I’m not alone, the books keep me company.”

With this Minseok gives Luhan a bitter smile, before watching Luhan go back to stacking books on the shelves. Minseok begins to think on how much Luhan depends on books to keep him company and keep him happy. He also remembers those countless of times he set up Luhan on blind dates, so that he would get out of that store and meet someone new. Unfortunately, every date would fail; with Luhan stating that the person didn’t know a single thing about books.

“Ok then, I got to go and pick up Jongdae from work. I’ll see you soon” Minseok ruffles Luhan’s hair before walking out the door.

Luhan didn’t mind that he was alone once again. All he had in mind was a certain customer, and the way his name rolled off the man’s lips. And so, Luhan couldn’t keep his excitement inside when he hears the doorbells ring.