Page 3

Flutter of Pages

 

 

~Page 3~

 

 

 

 

It only takes four days for Luhan to see the customer again. He sits up and smiles once the customer reaches the desk.

“Finished it already?”

The customer nods his head, “It was my fifth time reading it. I finished it the day I got it, I just didn’t have time until now to return it.”

Luhan had his eyes wide; He was surprised hearing all those words coming out of the customer’s mouth. He was expecting a simple ‘yes’.

The customer tilts his head in confusion, “Is there something wrong?” Luhan simply shakes his head, “No, nothing’s wrong.”

As Luhan type into the computer that the book was returned, the customer starts to walk up and down the aisles. Luhan looks over to him and couldn’t help but think how perfect he looks near a bookcase. After having a small mental confliction with himself, he decides to walk over to the customer and offer help. “Are you looking for something in particular?”

“The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe” he said, but more in a whisper. Luhan smiles, yet again, “Edgar is one of my favorite authors. I wish I could meet him…” Luhan blushes from his own words when he sees the customer just looking at him. “T-that’s if he was still alive.” Luhan turns his head to look for the book, missing the smile that crawled its way on the customer’s face.

Luhan finds the book and hands it over to the customer. The customer does something that makes Luhan’s mouth go dry, he smiles.

“Thanks again….” The customer looks at the clock and frowns, “Would you mind if I stayed here and read this quick? It would only take twenty minutes for me to finish.”

“Uh, yea sure. I’ll just go get you a chair from the back.”

After twenty nerve-wracking minutes of hearing pages flutter, the customer puts the book back on the shelf and makes his way to the front door. Right as he walks out the door, he lets out a quiet, “Goodbye Luhan.” Which causes Luhan’s heart to skip a beat.