Dance

Yookyung's ExoPink stories

The two of them never really looked at things in the same light. They were very different - the total opposites of each other.

The term 'opposites attract' didn't exactly suit them, since they hated each other's guts. She was the cheerful type, an open-minded and happy-go-lucky girl who couldn't care less about her image. He was more of a mature and reserved type, keeping his thoughts to himself and he believes that poise is essential for females.

She liked guys similar to her, someone to have fun with and ensure no boring moments exist between the two of them. He liked girls who are chic and mysterious, graceful and gentle.

Their differences in personality are often responsible for their bickerings and constant display of disgust for the other. It seemed like they would never be friends, right?

 

The two of them established common grounds through their burning passion for dance. Bomi was practising for her solo performance coming up when Luhan came in the dance studio.

"Sorry I- oh wait, it's just you," Luhan's apologetic smile disappeared upon seeing the lass.

A mocking smile found itself forming on her lips, "Are you lost, pretty boy? This is the dance studio"

"I think I knew that," he said flatly, rolling his eyes. "Don't mind me and focus on yourself like the big-headed kid you are"

"No worries, pretty boy, I won't look, if that's what you're scared of," Bomi restarted the song. She smirked as she felt Luhan's eyes on her. The male couldn't focus on his warm up routine because of the breathtaking lady killing the groove in front of him. She actually seems y and lady-like.. it's as if the tomboy Yoon Bomi disappeared into thin air.

He started observing her. She was wearing a black tank top that hugged her figure and long black leggings that ended at her ankles. She had a great body that was usually hidden under her usual baggy boyish clothes. She had her long brown her hair in a high ponytail and she was sporting a blue and white sports headband that kept her fringe away from her face. She looks totally different. Why doesn't she show this side of herself more often?

As she finished with a hair flip, she glanced at Luhan's expression in the mirror. She looked away before saying, "How about you, pretty boy? I'd like to see you move"

 

Snapping out of his daze, he put on an indifferent expression, as if he wasn't just drooling over her seconds ago. "No problem, bro"

Having a knowing smirk on his face, he plugged his phone into the speakers before running into place and quirking an eyebrow at Bomi, who only scoffed at the action.

Justin Timberlake's y Back, Bomi stated in her mind when she recognised the song. How interesting. Isn't it way too y for Mr Conservative?

Luhan threw away his cute, flower-boy image as he recalled his own choreography that he came up with not too long ago. Occasionally glancing at Bomi through the mirror, he noticed that she had a rather innocent expression on - with her eyes wide and mouth hanging. He chuckled, which sent Bomi back to reality. Soon, the song ended, with a triple spin by Luhan and an applause from Bomi. She grabbed a bottled water and tossed it to him, which he caught perfectly.

"I didn't know you dance"

"Well you don't actually know a lot of things about me anyway," Luhan smirked, "Don't feel bad, you did well too"

"Oh come on, I was smoking hot, you gotta agree," Bomi praised herself.

"I was way hotter, come on"

She raised an eyebrow with a half-smile on her lips, "Did the modest wimp just praise himself? So much for Mr I-don't-like-people-who-are-too-cocky"

"Compared to you, there isn't much competition"

 

-

 

They danced a few more songs after that, some individually, some together, some jokingly, some seriously. But they had fun.

 

When they took a break, Bomi decided to get to know the male better. "When did you start dancing?"

"A few years ago"

"What made you start?"

He heaved a heavy sigh, staring at the floor as his mind was filled with bad memories of the past, "Are you going to use this against me now?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, her lips pursing into a pout, "I was just curious. I didn't mean to go into a sensitive topic"

"They laughed at me. They said that I didn't have anything better to do than drown in studies"

She was surprised that he answered. bit her lip, keeping quiet as Luhan talked.

"When everyone found out that I picked up dancing, it got worse. They claimed that I was gay and sissy"

Her guilt was starting to eat her up. She had called him those nicknames before, but it was just to tick him off. She didn't mean it personally.

"But I didn't care. I loved dancing too much to give it up for a few punks who had nothing better to do than to pick on others"

"I'm sorry," Bomi said with a pout. Luhan immediately looked at her, "Oh look, you actually look like a girl right now"

She punched him hard on the arm.

"It's alright though. Like I said, you don't know much things about me"

"You . You make me sound like an ignorant "

"Maybe it's cause you are an ignorant "

Another punch.

 

-

 

Bomi looked at her watch, "I guess I'll be going now"

"Okay. Try not to disturb people with your existence," he repied when she was near the door. Holding the doorknob, she turned back, with a smile reaching up to her eyes, "I'll try"

She pulled the door open, before calling out his name. "Yeah?"

She gave him a shy, genuine smile, "You were awesome just now"

 

Luhan would be lying if he said that his heart didn't flutter.

 

//

 

Unedited. I'm sorry if it's not up to standard >< it was kinda rushed :/ hope you guys liked it though! ^^

(While Luhan was dancing y back i was actually thinking of BTS's Jimin rolling his hips and biting his lips and smirking as he seduces the camera /slapped)

Please don't be silent readers and comment! You can chat with me too, I really don't bite :P

Coming up next,

EunYeol!

(spoiler: angst angst angst)