Sudden Absence

Yookyung's ExoPink stories

"Good night my little deer ;* Don't forget to dream of me tonight! ^^ i love youuu <3"

He took a deep breath, trying to calm the emotions that were urging him to break down yet again. He browsed through their older conversations, only to find himself being even more torn apart. Emotionally drained, he put away his phone, and his mind began to drift, remembering the memories they once shared.

The first time he laid his eyes on her, he was with his mom and she was with hers. Their mothers were childhood friends, apparently. They were going to register their child in the same elementary school. While their moms were busy catching up with each other, he took this chance to befriend her so that he wouldn't be lonely in school.

On the first day of school, he was excited. However, when he saw that she was crying, he wondered whether she wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with her. Not daunted by that thought, he walked up to her and held her hand until they reached their class. Their mothers were touched by this.

Then, they were in the same class, and sat closest to each other in every one of them, which inevitably brought them close.

 

As if fate wasn't satisfied, they went to the same high school. They were a significant pair to people who knew them. You know, like those people who act like a couple, but aren't one? Yeah. Xi Luhan and Son Naeun were the Romeo and Juliet of Seoul Arts School. Everyone shipped them and they themselves have thought of it, but no actions were taken.

Whenever he was down, his mother would call Naeun over, and he would be in high spirits in no time. Same goes for Naeun.

They were closer than friends, more than friends,

but the boundaries were still there.

 

A decade after they met, she met Kim Jongin, also widely known in the school as Kai. He was like that perfect leading man in clichéd movies. Luhan, as a man, could admit that Jongin was better than him. However, he wasn't going to give his place as 'the only man in Naeun's life except for her father' so easily.

Jongin never seemed to like him from the start. He gave him this cold, unfriendly glare whenever he saw him. Luhan would have probably felt much better about the idea of KaiEun if it wasn't for that.

 

The drifting was the worst.

"I'm sorry, I'm going out with Jongin. Maybe another day?"

Getting used to hearing that took very little time, but it wasn't easy. He missed her, but he wasn't sure if he missed Naeun as his best friend or as the only girl he ever saw.

"You're okay with it, right?" She would ask, but he wouldn't show her any displeasure. He didn't want to feel like a burden.

It wasn't long before they just stopped talking. It seemed that they were perfectly fine without each other in their lives. That was true, actually. Until one day, their mothers decided to have a reunion dinner at the Xi's residence.

 

"Luhan, why are you not ready?" His mother questioned, seeing him in a singlet and boxers.

"Is there anything on tonight?" He asked, ruffling his hair.

"Naeun's coming over, if that's enough to get you going"

His mom knew about his more-than-friends-less-than-lovers relationship with her, but she didn't know that they have drifted away. He was left with no choice but to comply.

The dinner was quiet - really quiet, which to Mrs Xi and Mrs Son, was weird when Luhan and Naeun were together.

"How are things between you two?" Mrs Son asked.

Luhan and Naeun made brief eye contact, expecting the other to answer. There wasn't any answer, so the moms knew something was wrong.

Naeun didn't want their mothers to do something about it, so she quickly spoke, "I think we just need to catch up with each other"

"Great idea. How have you been, Naeun? Any guys else from me?" Luhan said, looking directly into Naeun's eyes without flinching.

"There's been a few, actually. How about you? Are you and Bomi thinking of getting past the friend zone?" Naeun retorted, not prepared to lose.

It wasn't one of their childish bickerings when it would have been cute. You could feel the tension in their glares that they were serious. If they didn't control themselves, they would have jumped at each other over the table and made a mess.

Their moms weren't about to let that happen. They called it a night, and left.

If it wasn't enough, more things changed: Naeun's address, phone number and more. And so he wasn't able to contact her again.

 

He regretted putting her on fire in front of their parents. He kept thinking that he should've used that reunion as a chance to sort things out with her.

His tears that have stained his pillows for many nights now, are being shed yet again. Just as he was about to fall asleep, his phone vibrated, signalling a message.

 

 

"Lets meet at the cafe -Naeun"

 

 

 

 

A/N: Omgheypeopleimsosorryyyyy ><

im reallyyy sorry i wasnt able to complete the mymy series ><

im sorry, i really am ㅠㅠ

anyways heres an angsty (?) haneun  with kai as er for you people :D im so sorry if you dont like the couple ><

anyways :3 HAVE FUN AND ENJOY VDAY <3 <3 <3

hearts for ma lovely fab subbies :3 <3

fab subbies

 

 

fabbies

yeah thats what i'll call you guys :D

 

till next updates fabbies! ^^ <3