Rainy Day

Together Forever

Light gray clouds soon covered the sky and rain started to pour down heavily.

Jessica never liked rainy days, not only because of the dark gloomy sky, but also because of the most feared thing in her whole life, thunder; she was never fond of loud noises since young. Furthermore, it seemed that Lady Luck wasn't on her side that day as she was the only one in the dorm while other members had their own schedule. No one to comfort her, no one to hold her.

"Curse my bad luck.." Jessica mumbled to herself as she looked out of the window. The sky didn't look friendly.

Taengoo ah, where are you..?

She cowered near the headboard of her bed, holding the gingerbread man plush toy, close to her. She took in a deep breath as the scent of her lover rushed into her nose, calming her down a little bit as images of her dorky girlfriend appeared in her mind, giving her a sense of security.

The rain got heavier and heavier, making it almost impossible for Jessica to see anything through the windows. It didn't seem like it will end any time soon. As though things weren't bad enough for the poor blonde girl, the whole dorm went dark shortly after.

"Are you kidding me?? A blackout now? Ergh today really isn't my-"

BOOOOOOOOOM!

Lightning flashed in brief sparkling bursts, illuminating the surrounding clouds with an ominous dark yellow glow.

"AHHHHH" Jessica screamed as she quickly cover her ears, body quaking in fear. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She didn't like the situation she is in, she didn't like it one bit.

Someone.. Anyone.. save me please..

The main door of the dorm burst open as a petite figure came rushing inside, looking around the big living room frantically.

It seemed like Jessica's prayers were answered.

"Sooyeon! Jung Sooyeon, where are you?" the person shouted, voice filled with worry and concern.

That voice, she would never mistake it for anyone else's.

"Taeng- AHHHH" she shrieked again as another loud thunder was heard.

Hearing the scream, she immediately ran up the stairs to the room Jessica and Hyoyeon shared.

"Sooyeon!" the figure came rushing into the room and immediately pulled Jessica into a tight embrace. "It's okay now. I'm here to protect you." Taeyeon mumbled words of comfort into the latter's ears, hand caressing her head gently.

Jessica quickly bury herself into her girlfriend's embrace and felt herself calming down, but her relief soon turned into worry when she realised how cold and wet Taeyeon's body was.

"Wh..why are you all wet?" Jessica asked as she try to regain her breath.

"Manager oppa's car broke down and I can't afford to wait for a taxi. So I ran here instead." Taeyeon explained and looked down at Jessica lovingly. "I know how much my Ice princess is afraid of thunder." She grinned her dorky grin, showing her cute dimples.

"Babo yah! What if you get sick?" Jessica frowned as she smacked Taeyeon's chest lightly.

Taeyeon grinned wider. "Awww is my princess worried about me?"

"Of course I am silly"

"Are you blushing?"

"W-what?! No!"

"Awww so cute~"

"Yah!"

Taeyeon got smacked again. "Ouch."

"Serves you right.." Jessica stick her tongue out at the dorky leader before burying herself into Taeyeon's chest, hiding her now red face. Her heart was beating irregularly again, but this time, it was because of bliss rather than fear.

Taeyeon couldn't help but giggle at her girlfriend's cute violent action.

"You are more important than anything, even more than my own life. I'd rather stay in bed for a few days and take all the bitter medicines everyday than to see you getting hurt."

The blush on Jessica's face darkened as she hear her girlfriend's sweet words. "Babo.. I'm not even hurt."

"But you were afraid, and as your prince charming I have the duty to protect you from anything that's scary."

Jessica pulled away slightly as she looked at her 'prince charming' in the eyes, her heart feeling more warm than ever. The thunder didn't seem to scare her anymore. Her sweet girlfriend is here and the love she received from her has overpowered her fear for the loud thunder.

"Then, my dear prince charming, could you listen to the words of this princess and promise to protect yourself too? There's no point in me being all safe and sound if you get hurt Taengoo ah."

Taeyeon smiled brightly at Jessica as she felt her heart melt in the gentle voice of her caring lover. "Yes, your highness." She answered softly as she leaned in to capture the soft pair of lips in front of her.

"I love you, my ice princess."

"I love you too, my brave wangjanim."

Soon, the rain stopped as a beautiful rainbow appeared across the baby blue sky.