Chapter 7

Sleep Well, Dream Sweet

When Daehyun finally drifted off to sleep after a long day unpacking boxes, he found himself in the feild, in the middle of the day, but Youngjae was nowhere to be found. Daehyun looked around for a little while, calling the younger's name. After a few minutes, Daehyun decided to check inside the cabin. Just as he was about to reach the cabin, there was a noise from inside that sounded like glass breaking and a loud "!" (which Daehyun found extremely hot) called out in Youngjae's voice.

Daehyun immediately ran into the cabin, his wide, scared eyes desperately searching for his Jae baby (not that he'd ever called him that out loud).

"Youngjae?" Daehyun called frantically. He was sure he had heard something break before. What if his Jae was hurt?!

"Dae?" The elder heard his baby's voice from the kitchen and (while ignoring the butterflies that started to fly at the sound of his nickname) ran to him. Youngjae's eyes lit up with happiness when he saw the elder. Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's hands and searched Youngjae's body (in a totally non-ual way) for any injuries.

"Are you hurt? I heard something smash," Daehyun panicked.

"I'm fine," Youngjae gave him a reassuring smile (and he would never admit how happy he was that Daehyun was worried), "I just broke a glass by accident. They're on the top shelf and I couldn't reach it," he blushed.

'He's so cute when he blushes,' Daehyun thought happily, 'then again, he's always cute,'

"Why didn't you wait for me?" the elder asked.

Youngjae shrugged before answering "I didn't know when or even if you'd ever be here again,"

"Youngjae," Daehyun spoke quietly, as if he barely wanted Youngjae to hear what he was about to say, "I'd do anything to see you,"

Youngjae blushed again, unintentionally driving Daehyun mad with his adorableness.

"I'm glad," Youngjae said in the same tone as Daehyun, "I-I like seeing you,"

Daehyun couldn't stop the ecsatic grin that spread across his face.

Daehyun cleared his throat after realising that he had been staring at Youngjae for too long.

"Anyway, so, um, what were you doing?" The elder asked awkwardly.

"Oh, I was just going to make some lunch," Youngjae told him, equally as awkward. Daehyun's eyes lit up at the mention of food and Youngjae seemed no notice. He chuckled softly, "would you like me to make you something to eat?"

Suddenly a million and one amazing thoughts flashed through Daehyun's mind. He and Youngjae living together. Cuddling with Youngjae after a long day at work. Coming home to find Youngjae had cooked dinner and was waiting for him. Making love to Youngjae for the first time. Dating Youngjae. Living with Youngjae. Marrying Youngjae.

This, Daehyun decided, was the life he wanted.

Daehyun gave Youngjae a smile and said "why don't we go on a picnic?"

And so that's what they did. Youngjae made some sandwiches and cut up some fruit while Daehyun found a suitable picnic blanket. The two then ventured out (about ten metres from the cabin) and set up their picnic.

As Daehyun sat, he looked up at the sky. The sun was shining bright, there was no wind, a blue sky with not a cloud in sight and a nice golden colour had fallen over the feild. It was probably the most beautiful day Daehyun had ever seen. What made it even better was that he was sharing it with the most beautiful boy he'd ever seen.

"The weather's nice today," Daehyun commented.

Youngjae nodded his agreement.

"The sun is nice, but I prefer the cold weather - obviously, not storms - but I like the cold," the younger told him.

"Why?"

"It's nice weather to stay in bed and read with a hot chocolate,"Youngjae shrugged, "plus it gives me an excuse to wear long clothes,"

"I bet you'd look good in Summer clothes," Daehyun said with a playful wink. Youngjae went pink. "But you have a point. Winter is the perfect cuddle weather,"

"You can cuddle in Summer too," Youngjae said, smirking at the ground.

"Well," Daehyun scooted closer, "shall we test out that theory?" He s an arm around the younger's waist.

Youngjae went bright red and trapped his bottom lip between two perfect rows of teeth. Daehyun expected the other to pull away at his touch. He waited for a few moments, but when Youngjae made no move to leave, Daehyun only tightened his grip.

"So, what should we eat first Jae Jae?" The food-addict asked excitedly.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at the (butterflies-in-his-stomach kind of cute) nickname.

"Jae Jae? You've never called me that before," Youngjae mumbled.

"Yeah I have," the elder stated and popped an apple slice in his mouth, "just not to your face,"

The rest of the picnic continued smoothly. If Daehyun was so bold, he would say it was a date (even if Youngjae didn't know it). They stayed there for hours. Eating, playing, talking, making out shapes in the clouds, until finally, the time came for Daehyun to go. In all honesty, neither boy wanted him to leave. Daehyun loved every moment he spent with the other boy and would gladly give up everything to never leave him. Youngjae also had strong feelings for Daehyun, although he wasn't ready to admit it, even to himself. He cherished every moment he'd spent with the elder and dreaded the moment he'd have to wake up and Youngjae would be left alone in this dreamscape once again.

~~~~~~

"Doesn't your roommate get sick of you going out every night, Yongguk hyung?" Zelo asked as he sat with Yongguk in the same booth at the same diner they'd been to every night for the past week. This had become like a tradition. Yongguk would go to Jongup's house - where Zelo is staying (for now) - and pick up Junhong and take him out to dinner. The first time, Yongguk told Zelo he would take the younger absolutely anywhere he wanted, but Zelo wanted to come back to the same place they'd first had lunch. The next few nights went the same way and now it was just a habit.

"Nah," Yongguk said with a dismissive wave of his hand, "he's been sleeping early a lot lately. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was hiding a secret boyfriend under his bed,"

Zelo only nodded and watched Yongguk as the brunette played with his kimchi with his chopsticks for a few moments before bringing the food up to his (totally kissable, in Zelo's opinion) lips. Junhong really admired the older man. He might even go so far as to say he had a small crush on the man.

Okay, maybe a big crush.

Alright, alright, he was falling for him. Aish.

Although, it's not like Zelo could do anything about it. He was seventeen. Yongguk was twenty-three. Not only was it illegal, it would also be a hard relationship to keep going. Yongguk was an adult. He was working for TS Entertainment and on his way ot pursuing his dream whereas Zelo was still growing, skipping school to hang out with his comatose best friend and writig raps that he'd never let see the light of day. There were too many differences. But then again, they had a lot of similarities. Like, they both loved music and found that they had a lot of favourite artists in common. They both enjoyed war movies. They both enjoyed each other's company. Junhong brought out a more fun, playful side of Yongguk while the latter made the blonde teen see a bit more sense. When Junhong thought about these things, for just a moment, he would forget the age difference and toy with the idea that maybe - just maybe - they would have a chance. Then of course, some mature waitresss noona would come and flirt with Yongguk, making Zelo remember that he was nothing more than a screwed up kid that Yongguk took charity on. 

"How's work going hyung?" Junhong asked, genuinely interested. He thought his hyung had the best job in the world and wouldn't mind following in the other's footsteps.

"It's good," Yongguk flashed Zelo one of his signature gummy smiles. "They've got me putting together songs for a lot of good artists. No extremely famous ones since I'm just getting started, but hey, I'm happy with it,"

"That's good, as long as you're happy," Zelo smiled cutey and took a drink of his strawberry milksake. Yongguk had to swallow the lump in his throat and try to control his blood flow (so it didn't rush straight down to his pants) every time Zelo put his luscious lips around that damn straw. Every night, Zelo got a milkshake, and every night, Yongguk couldn't help but imagine those sinful lips wrapped around something else.

'You're too old for him. Stop.' Yongguk scolded himself, even though it did no good.

"It's getting late now Junhong-ah," the elder said, "should I walk you home now?"

Zelo nodded enthusiastically. Yongguk smiled and left some money on the table before they proceeded to leave.

As much as Junhong liked spending time with Yongguk, one of his favourite parts of their outings was when Yongguk walked him home. Why, you ask? Well, the answer was simple. Yongguk was paranoid that something was going to happen to his Junhonggie and he held. Junhong's. Hand. Every time. And while Yongguk was paranoid when it came to his precious boy, it was really just a lame excuse for some skinship.

All the fluffy feelings were replaced by ones of dejection when they came to a stop outside the traditional Korean house Zelo was residing in.

"Okay, well, goodnight hyung," Junhong said sadly.

"Goodnight Junhong," Yongguk ruffled the younger's blonde ramen hair to stop himself from kissing him until he could no longer breathe.

Junhong turned back once more and gave Yongguk a shy smile, like every night and like every night, Yongguk checked out the younger's (scolding himself for it later on) as he walked inside the house, and like every night, Yongguk didn't leave until Junhong was safely inside.

And like every night, Yongguk cursed the God that made him fall for a seventeen year old boy.