Chapter 4

Sleep Well, Dream Sweet

Once Zelo had parted ways with Yongguk, he went straight to the hospital. He greeted the receptionist with a small wave and she greeted him with a pitiful smile. He'd been here every day. He always got here right when visiting hours started and only left when he was forced to.

 
Zelo made his way up to the third floor. Every time the elevator ride seemed to get longer. He walked down the white corridors that he had memorised by now and automatically found his way to his best friends room. He took his usual seat between the large window and Youngjae's bed. Gripping on tight to Youngjae's hand, Zelo exhaled slowly.
 
"I met a hot guy today." Zelo said to his unconscious best friend. "I know that if you were awake right now, you'd be fangirling and telling me to give you the details." He let out a small laugh at the thought. "Of course I'd tell you to mind your own business. But just this once, I'll tell you about him. His name is Yongguk. He has a really deep voice that is just..." Zelo sighed dreamily. "He was on his way to the TS Entertainment building, so I think he likes music too. Maybe, if I ever see him again, I can show him one of my raps... Nah, I guess he wouldn't be interested in me. I'm just a high school kid and he's an adult. But he called me cutie and winked at me! That means something, right?" Tears started to form in the younger's eyes. "I wish you were awake Youngjae hyung. You would know the right advice to give me." The first year slid down Junhong's cheek. "I'm really mad at you for this you know hyung. I know I'm being selfish, but I need you. When you tried to... Did you even think of how it would affect me? You're the only one I have, Youngjae-ah. If you don't wake up... What am I meant to do?" Zelo rubbed his eyes with the hand that wasn't holding Youngjae's. He only cried more when he tried to muffle his loud sobs with the back of his hand.
 
"E-excuse me?" A small voice came from the doorway. Zelo turned around and saw a guy about his age standing there with a bunch of flowers. Zelo recognised him from a few classes but couldn't remember his name or figure out why he was here. "Um, these are for Youngjae hyung." He said an passed the flowers to Zelo, who put them by Youngjae's bed. "Can I come in?"
 
Zelo nodded and tried to wipe away his tears. "I'm sorry, but do we know you?"
 
"We never officially met. I'm in your music studies and maths class. My name is Moon Jongup." The shy boy introduced himself with a bow.
 
"Why are you here?" After years of he and Youngjae being bullied, he couldn't help being skeptical. "Youngjae has obviously been through enough. He doesn't need to be bullied in this state too."
 
Jongup frowned and shook his head rapidly. "No! No I'm not here to bully hyung or you. I-I've always admired Youngjae for never letting the bullies get to him... Well, I guess they did, but he never showed it. You and Youngjae aren't the only people that get picked on at our school. You're just the most obvious targets. I always wanted to be friends with you two but I was too shy to ever say anything. My shyness is actually something I get teased for. I know it's not worth much, but here I am now. I want to help you through this and be here for Youngjae."
 
Zelo only broke into more sobs. No one ever cared about him or Youngjae and now, someone did. He didn't know whether to be grateful for this newfound friend or bitter that he didn't show up sooner. Deciding that he could use all the support he could get right now, Zelo thanked Jongup and invited him to come sit down. He did and they spent the next four hours talking about.
 
• • • • • •
 
Daehyun could barely focus at work that day. All he could think of was Youngjae. Where he's from. What his favourite colour is. What he does when Daehyun isn't there. Does he just wait in the forest? Does he cease to exist? He knew it was stupid, but he couldn't get Youngjae off of his mind.
 
When he was finally at home, it was too early to sleep so he decided to waste time drawing. Drawing is one of Daehyun's hobbies. It relaxes him. Today, he drew Youngjae. It was a drawing of him sitting on the forest floor playing with a rose like he was last time Daehyun saw him. It was a good drawing, but Daehyun knew it was nothing compared to the real thing.
 
After eating, showering and even cleaning up a bit, Daehyun decided it was a good enough time for him to sleep and hopefully see Youngjae.
 
He tossed and turned in his bed. He was restless. He just wanted to see Youngjae as soon as he could. A few long minutes later, sleep took over him.
 
~~~~~~
 
When he got to the forest, Youngjae wasn't there. Daehyun frowned. Where was Youngjae? Why wasn't he here? Did he get sick of Daehyun? Did he leave? Daehyun's heart sank. Why wasn't Youngjae here?
 
"Youngjae?" Daehyun called out hopefully. A relieved smile appeared in his face when a soft "Dae?" was heard.
 
"You just can't stay away, can you?" Youngjae joked.
 
'You have no idea.' The elder thought.
 
"I guess not." Daehyun smiled stupidly.
 
Youngjae looked at the sky and smiled happily at Daehyun. "No more storm." He said it as if it were the best thing possible.
 
"No more storm." Daehyun agreed looking at the once again blue sky. "It's still pretty bad wether back in Busan though."
 
"Oh you're from Busan? I wondered where the accent was from." Youngjae puffed out his cheeks cutely. "I'm from Seoul."
 
'Note to self: he's from Seoul.'
 
"I've never been there, but my friend went there today for a job offer."
 
"Really? That's a long trip to make for a job interview. It must be important."
 
"It is to him. Its an interview with TS Entertainment."
 
"Oh, a muso? My friend writes raps. He's really good at it. He can rap so fast, it's inhuman. Sometimes I think he is secretly a robot."
 
"Really? Yongguk raps and composes his own music. I'm sure he'd get along with that friend of yours."
 
"Yeah." Youngjae smiled at the thought of his friend. "Anyway, what about you? What do you do for a living?"
 
Daehyun but his lip and blushed. "It's nothing interesting."
 
"So? I wanna know." Youngjae smiled his irresistible smile an Daehyun caved.
 
"I work in a coffee shop. It's not much, but its enough for me to get by. I also take online university courses."
 
"Dae that's great! I mean, I'm not really a fan of coffee I prefer chocolate, but you're also doing schoolwork. I think it's very impressive."
 
Daehyun felt a huge surge of pride.
 
'He thinks I'm impressive!'
 
"Besides," Youngjae continued, "you don't really need a big fancy job. As long as you have enough for you..." Youngjae didn't want to pry, but he was starting to like Daehyun and he needed to know "and your girlfriend?"
 
"Oh I don't have a girlfriend." Daehyun said. Sure, it might've been a bit too enthusiastic but he wanted Youngjae to know he was single. Very, very single.
 
"Oh, um, cool." He tried to say casually but he was squealing with joy on the inside.
 
"Cool." Daehyun nodded.
 
They just stood there smiling like idiots at each other. With every second that passed, they started liking each other more and more.
______
 
So, that's the last chapter for a bit! I hope you liked it. I didn't have much inspiration for this chapter, but oh well. Once again, please subscribe to my Christmas two-shots!!