Chapter 3

Sleep Well, Dream Sweet

After a few hours, the storm calmed. Youngjae and Daehyun hadn't moved from their cozy spot on the couch. Youngjae was still in Daehyun's arms, his head resting on the elders broad shoulder. Daehyun was still gazing down at the boy whose beauty seemed impossible.

"Jae?" Daehyun whispered.

His response was a soft "hmm?"

"Tell me about your life."

This caught Youngjae off-guard. Why did Daehyun want to know about his life? The answer to this was; so Daehyun could convince himself Youngjae was real. Most dream figures didn't have a name, let alone a full life. If Youngjae could tell Daehyun about his life, then the older could at least pretend that Youngjae wasn't just a meaningless face for him to dream about.

"Wh-what do y-you w-want to kn-know?" Youngjae stuttered out. He was nervous. His life was horrible. He didn't want to talk about it. Especially with Daehyun. What if Daehyun wanted nothing to do with him when he found out no one else did?

"Anything." Daehyun shrugged. "Everything." Youngjae stayed silent. Daehyun tried again. "What are your friends like?"

"Friend." Youngjae corrected, looking down at his lap out of shame. "His name was Junhong. We relied on each other for... Well everything really."

Daehyun nodded although he found it hard to believe that this wonderful and shy boy only had one friend. Who wouldn't want to be friends with him? He was so cute. His smile was infectious and just made Daehyun want to smile as well. His eyes were so friendly, yet held so much fear that Daehyun just wanted to kiss him until the younger boy was all fixed and okay again.

"And your family?" Daehyun tried digging deeper. He felt the others body stiffen in his arms and tried to ease him. "I'll tell you about mine first. Huh?" He offered. Youngjae nodded. "My dad... Well, I don't really know him. He's a big business man so he was never really home when I was young. By the time he owned his own company and was able to spend more time at home of already moved out and started my own life. My mother never paid much attention to me. She was always too busy keeping up our family appearance. She didn't really care what I did as long as it didn't 'taint' the Jung family image. I'm an only child so growing up was pretty lonely. My parents gave me everything I wanted just to keep me quiet. Now I work for a living so that I don't have to accept what they give me."

Youngjae could understand that Daehyun felt alone, but he still felt anxious about opening up to him. Compared to Youngjae's life, Daehyun's was a dream.

"Please don't leave me sitting here like a loser Jae." Daehyun chuckled weakly, his voice unsteady. "Tell me about you." Youngjae just kept looking straight ahead. Daehyun cupped the others face and turned him to look Daehyun in the eyes. "Hey," he murmured softly "I'm not gonna judge you. I just want to know more about you."

Youngjae nodded and inhaled deeply. "Um, I don't know. Me and my parents... Everything was fine until I was about seven. My umma got pregnant but she miscarried. Since then, both my umma and appa became alcoholics. I think they blamed me. They stopped talking to me... Started abusing me... I was just never good enough. I was too fat, too ugly, too smart, too disobedient, even though I did everything they told me to. I basically had to raise myself." He didn't even realise that silent tears were streaming down his face.

Daehyun's heart broke as he listened to Youngjae.

...too fat, too ugly, too smart, too disobedient...

Youngjae wasn't fat. In fact, Daehyun was already in awe of his body and the most he'd see of it was in his imagination (no thanks to those tight jeans he was wearing). There was no planet in this galaxy in which Youngjae would be considered ugly. There was no such thing as 'too smart'. Besides, Daehyun had always found smart people extremely hot. Daehyun scoffed at the thought if Youngjae being disobedient. The boy looked like he didn't have a rebellious bone in his body. Daehyun couldn't take it anymore. He leaned in and wrapped his arms around the younger in a bone-crushing hug while nuzzling his nose into the crook of Youngjae's shoulder.

"We'll your parents must be stupid..." Daehyun whispered into Youngjae's neck "because you're beautiful."

A silence fell between them. Youngjae was overwhelmed by the sudden affection. Daehyun was trying not to scare off Youngjae by kissing the daylights out of him.

"I'm real, you know." Youngjae said out of the blue. Daehyun leant back and looked at him questioningly. "Last night, you said that you don't think this is real. That you're dreaming." Daehyun nodded. "Well, you might be dreaming, but I'm real. Or, I was..."

"You were?" Daehyun questioned.

"The last thing I remember is..." 

'Committing suicide.' Youngjae mentally finished the sentence. Youngjae but his lip. Was he revealing too much?

"Is what?"

"Nothing." Youngjae smiled reassuringly.

"No, Youngjae, tell me." Daehyun pushed.

"I can't." Youngjae smiled again. "We don't have time."

"Why not?"

"Because its time for you to wake up."

~~~~~~

Daehyun opened his eyes and found himself still on the couch. The power was back on and the sun was just risen. Daehyun looked at the time.

7:30am

Had he really been so engrossed in Youngjae that he slept the whole afternoon and all night? Obviously, he had. Daehyun couldn't ponder any further, though, because it was time for him to get ready for work.

• • • • • •

Bang Yongguk was not having a good day.

First, his laptop (with all of his new tracks on it) went flat because he forgot to charge it the previous night. He had stayed up until nearly 2am finishing them and it completely escaped his mind. Then, he lost the card with the address of the TS Entertainment building on it, now he was relying in memory to find it. As if that wasn't bad enough, his bus was late, in turn making him nearly miss his train. Just when he was back on schedule, his train had a malfunction and he was running late again. So now, here he was, running around the streets if Seoul completely lost.

Not watching where he was going, Yongguk felt something hit his chest and looked down to see a blonde boy riding a skateboard had bumped into him.

Zelo had been distracted lately - what with his best friend being in a coma, and all - and wasn't watching where he was going as he skated to the hospital. All of a sudden, Zelo felt himself run into something hard. He rubbed his head and looked up. From the impact of the fall, he would've expected that he hit a wall, but no.  Zelo had accidentally run into an extremely attractive guy who was now looking down at him; bewildered.

"M-mianhe!" Zelo exclaimed as he stood up quickly, followed by numerous bows. "I-I wasn't watching where I was going! It was my fault!"

Zelo nearly melted when the guy chuckled. His voice was so deep. Deeper than any other voice Zelo had ever heard.

"It's okay kid." The man said with a large gummy smile. "What's your name, cutie?"

Zelo blushed bright red.

Yongguk inwardly cursed himself for flirting with the (extremely adorable) young boy.

"J-Junhong, but people usually call me Zelo." Zelo answered.

"Why don't they just call you 'Junhong'? It's such a pretty name." Yongguk said, not being able to stop himself flirting with the pretty boy.

'Yongguk, stop this. He's . Barely even legal. He's even carrying a school bag for gods sake!' Yongguk told himself.

Zelo only blushed deeper and shrugged in response.

"Well, I'm Yongguk. Anyway, I'm kind of in a hurry and, um, lost." Yongguk smiled sheepishly. "Can you point me in the direction of the TS building?"

Zelo's eyes lit up. This hot guy was going to TS? Did he like music too?

'Aish, it doesn't matter. I'll never see him again anyway.' Zelo reminded himself.

"Sure! You just go down that street there and turn at the second left and then left again and right at the restaurant and then follow the road and its in the left at the end." The younger explained. It didn't seem to help as Yongguk just stood there, still clueless. "Um..." Zelo rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm going that way anyway. I can show you, if you'd like?"

"That'd be great, thanks." Yongguk smiled again. Zelo gestured of the older to follow him and led the way. "So, um, where are you going to?" He asked. He didn't mean to sound nosy (or seedy) he just wanted to start a conversation with the younger boy.

"Um..." Zelo wasn't sure how to answer that. He couldn't just say that he was going to see his best friend that was like an umma to him who is currently in a coma due to a suicide attempt. Well, he could, but it'd be a bit weird. So he settled on saying "I'm going to see a friend." It wasn't a total lie, after all.

"Oh." Yongguk said. A weird feeling settled in his stomach.

'What if its his girlfriend?' He thought with worry. 'Yongguk, what are you thinking? You don't care!'

And still, he found himself asking. "Is it your girlfriend?"

Zelo let out a loud laugh. He slapped his hand over his hand in embarrassment and blushed. "Um, no. I don't have a girlfriend."

Yongguk felt relieved, but there was still an uneasy feeling in him.

"A boyfriend?"

Zelo looked at him wide wide eyes. Could he tell Zelo was gay? How? Zelo was panicking but trying to stay cool in front of Yongguk.

"N-no, wh-why would I h-have a boy-boyfriend?" The younger answered.

Yongguk chuckled again. Zelo loved the low sounds that he made as he laughed. "It's okay, Junhong. I won't judge you."

Zelo calmed down, although his name coming from the older made his heart speed up.

"No. I'm single."

"Me too." Yongguk sent him a wink.

"There it is!" Zelo said quickly, trying to ignore the flirty gesture.

"Thanks kid." Yongguk said and left to enter the huge building. He glanced back over his shoulder at the cute boy he just met and secretly hoped he'd meet him again.

______

And the chapter keep getting longer, don't they? Oh well I guess you guys aren't complaining!! XD As always, please comment!! Also, I won't be able to update for a while now so please be patient with me and as soon as I can I will give you all a double-update just for waiting~ Oh, and just some shameless self-advertising, please subscribe to my Jongkey and DaeJae Christmas two-shots!