Chapter 10

Sleep Well, Dream Sweet

Daehyun tossed and turned restlessly in his bed. No matter what he did, he couldn’t fall asleep. He’d tried warm milk, he’d tried hot chocolate, he’d tried relaxing music, he had even tried counting sheep. Nothing was working. It’d been like this for the past four nights. For four nights and three days, Daehyun hadn’t seen Youngjae. If he wasn’t going crazy before, he definitely was now.

Last time he saw his Jae, they kissed and then cuddled all night and it had been perfect. If Daehyun had known that that would be the last time he saw Youngjae, he definitely would’ve kissed the younger boy sooner.

As much as Dae hated to admit it, he’d kissed a lot of people before, men and women alike, but Youngjae was by far the best kiss of Daehyun’s life. It was sweet, just gentle lips on lips, no tongue (which Daehyun was kind of thankful for since he didn’t know how much self-control he’d have if there was) and yet it was full of all the emotions they felt for each other but were too afraid to say. Daehyun couldn’t deny the electric shock he felt pass through him when he finally felt the precious boy’s soft, pink, plump lips on his. It would be a lie to say Dae had never fantasised about kissing (amongst other things) Youngjae, but the real thing was so much better than any of his fantasies.

With a huff, Daehyun threw back his covers and got out of bed. He flopped lazily down on the couch and the TV (although he wasn’t really paying attention to what was on). He couldn’t sleep, and if he couldn’t sleep he couldn’t dream, and if he couldn’t dream, he couldn’t see Youngjae, and if he couldn’t see Youngjae… He didn’t want to do anything.

• • • • • •

Daehyun looked around the waiting room of the medical clinic impatiently. It was all grey and yellow walls (the yellow was a failed attempt to cheer people up) and incomprehensible artwork.

“Jung Daehyun,” a middle-aged lady called out after what felt like hours to Daehyun.

“That’s me!” He said happily, standing up and walking over to the lady.

“You have an appointment with Doctor Lee, yes?”

“Yes, that’s right,” Daehyun nodded.

The lady, who Daehyun assumed was a nurse, wrote something down on her clipboard and then smiled up at him.

“Okay, right through here,” she led him to a door that was labelled Dr Lee, told him to just head through, and then left to deal with other patients.

Hesitantly, Daehyun entered the office.

“Ah, Jung Daehyun, I presume?” The doctor said.

“Yes,” Daehyun bowed respectfully, “Thank you for seeing me,”

“It’s my pleasure,” Dr Lee gestured for Daehyun to take a seat. “What can I do for you?”

“Ah, well, I’ve been having trouble sleeping,” He said.

“I see,” the doctor wrote something on his notebook. “Have you been over-sleeping a lot before this?”

Yes.’ He thought.

“No,” he lied.

“Uh-huh,” he wrote something else. “Do you have a history of insomnia?”

No.

“Yes,” he swallowed the lump growing in his throat. Daehyun wasn’t used to lying. He was afraid that he would get caught and the doctor wouldn’t give him what he needs to see Jae.

“Alright, and for how long have you been sleep-deprived?”

Five nights.

“A few weeks,”

“Mmm,” the doctor nodded. “Well, I can give you a prescription for a sleeping pill called Burenol. It’s not very strong, but it’s effective. Try that for a week and if it doesn’t work, come back and see me,”

He passed Daehyun the prescription and bid him goodbye.

Daehyun’s heart was beating extremely fast. Partially because he was still nervous that he’d suddenly be arrested for lying to a doctor, and partially with the adrenaline rush that came from doing the wrong thing and getting away with it. The first thing he did was find a chemist and get the prescription. He paid for the medicine (still afraid that the prescription was really a coded message saying he was a lying druggie and to arrest him) and he swore, he never walked to the bus stop faster.

When he got home all he wanted to do was finally go to sleep, but he changed his mind when he saw Yongguk sitting at the table, a brooding look on his face.

“Hyung, are you okay?” He asked, taking a seat next to Yongguk.

“No, I’m not okay. I’m… I’m a ert and a creep and I should be arrested for the thoughts I’m having about a damn teenager! I mean, I know I’m a playboy and I’ve done some pretty shady things but I never… I don’t do things that are illegal. And god damn it, now I’ve gone and fallen for a minor!”

“We’re talking about Junhong, right?” Daehyun clarified. He still wasn’t used to Yongguk going after only one person for longer than a day.

“Yes, we’re talking about Junhong!” Yongguk buried his face in his hands. “He’s so young, Dae. There’s a six year age difference between us. He’s still young and he’s so messed up, his best friend is in a coma and he doesn’t even live at home because his parents don’t care him. The last thing he needs is a twenty-three year old confessing his love for him,”

“Did you ever think that maybe he loves you too?” Daehyun asked quietly. He remembered when he thought that Youngjae didn’t love him back, and now, even though the younger hasn’t actually said it yet, Daehyun was positive his love wasn’t unrequited.

“Even so, what about the ?” Yongguk repeated.

“Who cares about the ?!” Daehyun snapped. He didn’t mean to shout at his hyung, but Yongguk was being completely unreasonable. “So what if he’s only seventeen? He’ll be legal in a year anyway! Aish, it’s like you’re purposely trying to find a way to stop yourself from being happy! From what you’ve told me about this boy, he really likes you too and you’re just going to sit here moping because of some stupid numbers instead of going and getting him before someone else does! Man up hyung, seriously!”

At least you’re in love with a real person,’ he silently added.

Yongguk stared in shock at his friend. Daehyun wasn’t the kind of person who just got mad for no reason. He rarely raised his voice and almost never spoke rudely to Yongguk.

Realising that what Daehyun said was true, he nodded, stood up from the table and got his jacket.

“You’re right, Dae,” He smiled his signature gummy smile. Yongguk went to leave, but then turned back to Daehyun and said “You don’t mind if I-”

“Go get him, Guk,” Daehyun smiled at his hyung.

• • • • • •

Yongguk had never been more nervous than he was right now. He had called Zelo and asked if he wanted to go to the café for lunch with him. To his delight, Junhong said yes (and maybe it was just wishful thinking on Yongguk’s part, but he thought Junhong sounded a little too enthusiastic). Now, here he was, standing outside the Moon household, working up the courage to knock on the door. When he finally did, it was Mrs Moon who opened it.

“Hello Mrs Moon-ssi,” Yongguk said uneasily, bowing to the surrogate mother of the boy he was about to confess to. “Uh, is Junhong in?”

“Yes, he’ll be down in just a moment,” Mrs Moon smiled kindly.

“Oh, okay then, I’ll just wait,” Yongguk said, rocking back on his heels.

“Yongguk-ssi, I want to thank you,” she said softly.

“Thank me? What for?”

“Jongup has told me about Junhong’s friend and the bullying. It shows too. He walks around looking so sad all the time. The only time I see him smile is when he talks about his time with you,”

Yongguk was never the kind of person to blush. Not ever. Not when he was six and got an anonymous love letter. Not when he was ten and confessed to the first girl he liked. Not when he was thirteen and had his first kiss. Not when he was fifteen and his parents gave him the talk. Not when he was seventeen and lost his ity. Never. Although it was no surprise to him, that he was blushing deep crimson right now.

“No, no,” he shook his head, “If anything, I should be thanking you. You took him in and you didn’t even know him. I just… I couldn’t stand knowing he was living on the streets,”

Her smile broadened into a knowing one.

“You’re in love with him, aren’t you?” she whispered.

“I-I… h-how… I d-don’t… h-he…” he took a deep breath to compose himself. He looked at the floor as he spoke. “I know it’s wrong and you probably don’t approve, but I won’t stop seeing him. If it’ll make you more comfortable, I won’t say or do anything about it until he’s legal,”

Mrs Moon looked thoroughly offended.

“Don’t approve? Of course I approve! What I don’t approve of is you waiting a year to make a move! You make him happy, Yongguk-ssi. Why on earth would I disapprove of that? I’m not one of those traditional people who discriminate against age or gender. Love is love. You obviously love him, so who am I to stand in the way of two people’s happiness? Besides, if anyone deserves happiness it’s Junhong. He’s been through so much,”

“I... Um, wow. Thank you, Mrs Moon,” He smiled his gummy smile.

“Don’t thank me,” she said. “Just make him happy,”

“I will,” Yongguk nodded. He meant it, too. He would do anything he could to make sure Zelo was never sad again.

“Yongguk hyung?” Junhong’s voice came from behind Mrs Moon.

Yongguk broke out into a wide grin.

“I’m here, Zelo,” he replied happily. Zelo ran past Mrs Moon and gave Yongguk a quick hug. Behind Zelo’s back, Mrs Moon winked at Yongguk. He smiled back, getting her message.

“Bye umma,” Zelo waved and started to drag Yongguk down the road.

“You call her ‘umma’?” Yongguk wondered as they walked along the street.

The young boy blushed and nodded, which Yongguk found extremely cute.

“Y-Yeah, she said I could and, well, she treats me like her son. She doesn’t even pick favourites between me and Jongup hyung,” Zelo told him.

“That’s good. I’m glad you have a real family now, Junhong-ah,” Yongguk grabbed his hand, giving it a small squeeze. They stopped walking when they reached an empty park.

“What’s wrong? I thought we were going to the café?” the ramen-haired boy said, confused.

“We are, I just,” Yongguk’s heart beat sped up. “I need to talk to you,”

“O-Okay hyung,” Zelo said, his eyebrows furrowed, worry in his eyes.

“Zelo, I… The way I feel about you… It’s more than just friends. I know it’s wrong and you probably don’t feel the same, but I need you to know. I’m in love with you and it’s scary because I’ve never been in love before. I thought I had and then I met you and it was this whole new feeling,” Yongguk chanced a look into the teen’s eyes, relieved when he saw nothing but happiness. “Please say something,”

Zelo was in heaven. Yongguk loves him! His love wasn’t one-sided! They could be together and eventually move in together and start a family and live happily ever after.

“Y-you lo-love me?” He asked, a small smile making its way onto his face.

“I love you,” Yongguk stated with a nod.

Before Yongguk could even form a coherent thought, Zelo’s lips were on his. It was just a peck, but it was enough to send Yongguk into a frenzy.

“I love you too, Gukkie,” Zelo was bright red.

He loves me? HE LOVES ME!

Yongguk brought his lips back to Zelo’s in a heated kiss. Zelo’s arms were around Yongguk’s neck while Yongguk had his hands s tightly around the other’s torso. The elder swiped his tongue across Zelo’s thick bottom lip, begging for permission that the younger gave. Yongguk could feel his blood rush south the more he continued to ravish the other boy’s mouth.

He forced himself off of the younger boy, trying not to stare too long at Junhong’s swollen and kiss bruised lips.

“We should probably go to the café before I do something inappropriate,” Yongguk said, panting. Zelo just went bright red and nodded, taking Yongguk’s hand.

“Yongguk?”

“Yeah?”

“Can this… Can this be a-a date?” he asked shyly.

Yongguk kissed the top of Zelo’s head.

“Of course it can, Junhongie. Can I tell you a secret though?” Zelo nodded excitedly. “I’ve kind of pretended they were all dates,”

Zelo giggled and confessed “me too,”

Neither boy could believe that the other felt the same way. They were both so happy, especially now that they didn’t have to pretend anymore.


What time is it? Self-advertising time!!! Yay!! Would you lovely people please take a look at my two Jogkey stories Fallin In Love With A Fallen Angel (in which Key is a e) and Even Though I Shouldn't (in which Jonghyun is Key's teacher). Also, my story which is Jongup/OC with side Daejae and Banglo, it's called Burning Red (in which B.A.P is a rap gang and Block B are their rivals) it only has one subscriber which makes me sad because it was my first fic :( Please!! I'll love you forever!