Chapter 14

Sleep Well, Dream Sweet

“Okay, so Daehyun has been dreaming of Youngjae hyung and fell in love with him?” Zelo asked Yongguk, hoping he heard him right.

“Yes,” Yongguk nodded, looking at the younger boy's face. He was frowning and biting his lip as he looked straight ahead, trying to make sense of everything Yongguk had just told him. The older felt a strong urge to kiss his boyfriend, but he thought it would be a little inappropriate, given the situation. Instead, he settled for taking Junhong's hand in his own. He saw pink dust Junhong's cheeks, making Yongguk feel proud.

“You realise how crazy this all sounds, right Gukkie?” Junhong tried to ignore the butterflies he got from Yongguk's touch and continue the conversation as they walked to the hospital.

“I know, trust me. I mean, I only found out about this 'dream boy' today! I thought he was going insane, but now I guess I just don't know what to believe,”

“But what if Youngjae wakes up and doesn't know who Daehyun hyung is? That’ll break his heart,”

“It is a possibility,” Yongguk frowned. He hadn't thought of that and he knew Daehyun wouldn't have. “You know what they say Junhongie; whatever will be, will be. If Youngjae and Daehyun are meant to be together, they will be,”

“I don't know how much of Daehyun's dream Youngjae is real, but I know that the Youngjae I know would like Daehyun very much,”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. In fact, I think they'd be perfect together,”

“As perfect as us?” Yongguk said in a low voice so that only the two of them could hear and gave Zelo's hand a squeeze.

“Are we perfect?” his voice was small, but Yongguk could tell he was scared. And he was. Zelo was still not used to being treated with so much care that he expected Yongguk to get tired of him at any minute. He thought that that Yongguk would leave as soon as the 'vulnerable, damaged teen' novelty wore off.

“Junhong,” Yongguk said sincerely. They stopped walking. Yongguk turned to face Zelo, taking both of the younger's hands in his. “To me, you are perfect. This is going to sound so cheesy and cliché, but you complete me Choi Junhong. Before I met you, all I had was my career and even that was basically non-existent. Hell, its like everything fell into place when I met you. So yeah; we are perfect,”

Junhong had never felt so loved and wanted in his entire life. He wanted Yongguk to know that he felt the same; that his life changed for the better when they met, but he felt like words weren't strong enough. Instead, he wrapped an arm around his boyfriend's neck and pulled him in for a deep kiss. Without a seconds hesitation, Yongguk s his arms tight around the younger's waist, holding him to his body desperately, almost afraid he’d disappear if Yongguk wasn't holding him. Zelo tilted his head to the side, letting Yongguk gain more access to his mouth. Neither pulled away until Yongguk let his hand wander down to Junhong's firm backside. The unfamiliar (yet not unwanted) feeling made Junhong remember that they were making out in the middle of the street.

He pulled away, letting his forehead rest on Yongguk's and whispered breathily; “I like it when you're cheesy and cliché,”

Yongguk chuckled, his deep voice sending chills of pleasure down Zelo's spine.

“I love you,”

“I love you too, Gukkie,” he said shyly. No matter how many times he said it, he couldn't get used to it. It just felt so unreal to him. The feeling of shyness didn't bother either of them, though. Yongguk personally loved the way Zelo blushed. “Anyway,” Zelo cleared his throat and began walking again, “we should get to the hospital. I hope Daehyun hyung is okay,”

“Me too,” the elder said grimly, a frown making it's way onto his face.

It didn't take them long to get to the hospital. The lady at reception greeted Junhong as if they were old friends. The ramen-haired boy explained to Yongguk that she works here every day and knows Zelo because he frequents this hospital. He knew his way all around the area of the ICU. That broke Yongguk's heart. No one should be so familiar with a hospital that it was like their second home; especially not his precious Junhong.

They reached Youngjae's room fairly quickly. Yongguk was following Junhong, and Junhong was greeting staff as they walked. If Yongguk didn't know any better, he'd think Junhong was able to walk this path with his eyes closed.

Yongguk gripped the cold, sterilised door knob of Youngjae's private room (Mrs Moon insisted on paying for Youngjae to have a private room, something which both Junhong and Jongup were extremely grateful for) when Junhong stopped him.

“Yongguk wait,” Junhong pulled Yongguk's had away, “listen,”

They both stayed silent as they listened to what Daehyun was saying to Youngjae.

Both their hearts broke as they heard the honesty, sadness and absolute love in Dae's voice as he spoke to his beloved Youngjae.

• • • • • •

Daehyun's mind raced as he looked at the sleeping form of his Jae. How did things end up like this? One day he was just a regular guy, working at a coffee shop, taking online courses at uni and hoping to find someone to love. The next day he had found love, but he found it in the form of an imaginary person. Now, this beautiful person wasn't imaginary, but really a boy in a coma as a result of attempted... Daehyun shudders every time he even thinks of Youngjae hurting himself.

“Youngjae,” Daehyun's voice was thick with tears he refused to shed; crying wouldn't help Youngjae, he had to be strong for his angel, “I don't know if you can hear me or not, but god do I hope you can. I love you. I know I've said it, but I need you to understand that I really do. I love you more than anything and I’m not going to leave you. I’ll be with you every single day until you wake up. And you will wake up. I know it. You're so strong, Jae. You have no idea how strong you are. Even though you're right here, it's been weeks since I've really seen you and I miss you like crazy. I feel like I'm dying inside every day I don't hear your voice. I stare at those pills and I nearly pray for myself to break and take them so I can see you, but I don't because I promised you I wouldn't. It's okay though; you'll wake up soon and you'll come back to me. I know you will because I know that you love me too,”

Daehyun waited. He wasn't quite sure what he was waiting for, but he still waited. Maybe he was waiting for a reply. Some shy, cute, comment from Youngjae about not being good enough (to which Daehyun would kiss him and show him just how good he really is.)

Upon realising that he wasn't going to hear anything from the younger, he stood up from the chair he was sitting in and crept into bed beside Youngjae. He pulled the other boy's sleeping form closer to him and rested his chest on his Jae's chest. The faint sound of his heartbeat and the slight rise and fall of Youngjae's chest were the only things keeping Daehyun sane right now; those were the things that let Dae know Youngjae was real and, while only barely, alive.

With a chaste kiss to Youngjae's dry lips, Daehyun curled into Youngjae's side and tried to fall asleep. He hoped and prayed against all odds that, despite being right next to him, he would see his beautiful boy in his dreams.


So, kind of a short chapter and not a lot of daejae (sorry!) but I thought I'd give banglo some stage time <3 Please comment! Comments = love, love = chapters, chapters = love... wait what? Comments = love, love = chapters, chapters = DAEJAE!!! Yeah, I think that works. I'll try and update as soon as I can!! I've officially dropped out of school, so I should have some more time on my hands to write more. I have about five or so more chapters left of this planned so sadly, it is coming to an end. I'm thinking of starting a new jongkey fi when I finish this one, but I'm not sure whether or not I will yet... Anyway, please enjoy this chapter my lovely readers!