Chapter 1

Sleep Well, Dream Sweet

Dear Junhong,

I'm not sorry I did this. I'm only sorry that I left you alone. I don't want you to be sad. I'm happy now, so you deserve to be too. I know you'll miss me. I'll miss you too.
 
Please don't cry for me. Please don't be sad for me. Think about all of the good times we had. Remember the day we first met? You dropped your comic book and I said I had the same one. That was the start of our friendship. Think of that. Remember me when I was happy and full of life. Don't remember me by all the times I stayed at your house, crying until the early hours of the morning because I couldn't handle my life.
 
Please don't hate me.
 
No matter where I am you'll forever be my dongsaeng, my best friend, the one that I can always count on and for that, I'm grateful. I love you Zelo. Never forget that. Never forget me.
 
Youngjae
 
Zelo sobbed as he sat by Youngjae's hospital bed, reading that goddamn letter for the billionth time. He was so lucky that he found him. If Zelo hadn't gone to Youngjae's house, like he did every morning, so they could walk to school together, like they did every morning, he would not have found his best friend lying on the floor, unconscious in a pool of his own blood.
 
"Youngjae! No! Youngjae!" Zelo shouted as he shook his friend, trying desperately to wake him up.
 
"You have to wake up Youngjae." The younger said taking his friends hand. It was cold. It wasn't warm like it used to be. He wasn't warm like he used to be.
 
Please don't cry for me.
 
Too late.
 
Please don't be sad for me.
 
How can he not be?
 
Please don't hate me.
 
He could never hate Youngjae.
 
I love you Zelo.
 
'I love you too, Youngjae hyung.'
 
• • • • • •
 
"Come on Daehyunnie, stay for one more drink." The young waitress asked the Busan beauty cutely. "My shift ends in fifteen minutes. We can get to know each other better." She finished with a wink.
 
Daehyun smiled. Every time, she asked him, and every time, he gave her the same answer.
 
"I can't. I'm still waiting."
 
She pouted. "What are you always waiting for?"
 
Daehyun never told her. He just smirked and then winked and then left her the money for his drinks and her tip and then left. The girl huffed and continued waiting on tables.
 
Daehyun knew what he was waiting for. He was waiting for that someone special who made his heart beat faster and gave him a funny feeling in his stomach. When he met that person, then he'd stay for another drink. Then he'd let himself indulge in another's body. He's not like he use to be, not anymore. His best friend, Bang Yongguk, got his heart broken once and now, he only cares about one thing; . He could care less about finding someone to settle down with because "people only hurt you" and every night, he would go home with someone new. Guy or girl, it didn't matter to Yongguk. Daehyun pitied him, but soon realised Daehyun was him. Taking home someone else every night, guy or girl, because he knew he was attractive and didn't want to fall asleep alone. Since then, Daehyun has sworn to remain celibate until he finds someone he loves. Someone who he can cuddle in his arms at night and wake up to in the morning. Someone he can say cheesy things to. Someone who he would even share his beloved cheesecake with. He wanted that now. So Daehyun waited.
 
It was pretty late by the time Daehyun got back to his small - empty - apartment. He shrugged off his winter coat and hung it up by the door. He slouched into the bathroom to brush his teeth before making his way back to his room. He changed into a pair of plain blue pyjama pants and a shirt before walking over to his big - empty - bed. Daehyun buried himself under the warm covers and let his tired head rest on the comfortable pillow. Slowly, he fell asleep.
 
~~~~~~
 
Daehyun opened his eyes with a sigh and glanced at the clock.
 
3:47am
 
Why was he awake this early? He had no idea. He couldn't sleep. So, being awake and full of energy, he pulled the covers off of him and stepped out of bed. He walked over to his bedroom door, intending to go to the kitchen for a glass of water, but when he opened it, he was standing in the middle of some sort of forest area.
 
"Okay..." He mumbled slowly to himself and went to go back in his room but the door was no longer there. "What the hell? Obviously, I'm dreaming."
 
He looked around. He was standing in a small opening that was surrounded by large green trees. Oaks, evergreens, willows, pines, every tree you could think of. There were a lot of flowers here, too. Lilies, daffodils, roses, orchids. The grass was green and perfectly mown. In fact, everything seemed too vibrant to be real. From the deep brown tree trunks to the bright green leaves to the blinding yellow roses to the intense pink orchids. The place was truly beautiful. If Daehyun listened closely, he could hear a stream flowing. In harmony with the birds singing, it was a soothing sound. The Busan boy looked up at the cloudless, blue sky and sighed.
 
"If only this place was real." He murmured. "It's truly beautiful."
 
And it was. The whole place screamed 'romance'. Once again, it made Daehyun wish he had someone special to share it with - if it wasn't a dream of course.
 
Daehyun was snapped out of his musings when he head something coming from behind the trees.
 
"Hello~" Daehyun called out, hoping his dream wasn't turning into a nightmare. "Whose there?"
 
Silence followed.
 
"I know you're there!" He tried again. Nothing. Suddenly something moved again. It ran through the trees so fast Daehyun could barely follow it. It hid behind one of the large trees and Daehyun realised something; it was scared.
 
"It's alright," Daehyun softened up "I won't hurt you. You can come out."
 
It seemed to work. Daehyun watched closely as it stepped out of the shade. Daehyun's eyes widened. Stepping into the too-bright light of the circle, was the most beautiful boy Daehyun had ever seen. Every part of him was gorgeous. He had cute chubby cheeks that Daehyun just wanted to pinch. Big doe-like brown eyes that Daehyun wanted to get lost in. Soft brown hair that Daehyun wanted to run his hands through. Plump pink lips that Daehyun wanted to taste. The scared-looking boy couldn't have been any older than Daehyun himself. He was wearing black skinny jeans that hugged every curve in the boys legs perfectly, and a loose-fitting grey sweater. Daehyun's mouth went dry and he felt his heart beat sped up.
 
"Hi." Daehyun spoke quietly to the piece of perfection before him. "I'm Daehyun."
 
"H-hi." The other replied, bowing ninety degrees respectfully. "I'm Youngjae... I think."
 
Daehyun frowned in confusion. "What do you mean, 'you think'? Don't you know your name?"
 
"I don't remember much, but I think that's my name. It's all pretty foggy right now. Um, where - where am I?"
 
Daehyun nodded dumbly, only thinking about the how the boy's voice was smooth and like honey. It took him a moment to realise Youngjae asked him a question.
 
"Oh, um, I'm not sure. I don't even think its real. I'm dreaming." Daehyun answered and the scared look on the Youngjae's face became more relaxed.
 
"So, I'm not real?" He asked calmly.
 
"I - I mean - you -" Daehyun stammered, not sure what to say.
 
"It's okay." Youngjae said, his face emotionless. "I have to go now."
 
"No, wait!" Daehyun called after him once he started moving back towards the trees.
 
Youngjae turned to face Daehyun. "Goodbye, Daehyun."
 
Daehyun nearly died hearing his name coming from those taunting lips.
 
"Wait!" He yelled again, not wanting Youngjae to leave, but he was too late.
 
~~~~~~
 
"Wait!" Daehyun shouted, sitting up in his bed. He looked around frantically, though not quite sure what he was looking for. His breathing calmed and he let himself fall back down onto his bed.
 
'It was just a dream.' He thought disappointedly. 'Youngjae isn't real.'
______
 
Oh, hello people reading my fic xD I hope you all liked the first chapter!!! Please comment!! Comments keep me motivated! Hugs!! Bye bye!