chapter eight.

Maybe It's Something More
luhan bit his lip, feeling minseok's wide eyes staring at him. "did he tell you when he's coming back?"
 
luhan blinked, looking away from minseok's innocent eyes. he didn't want to lie to minseok, but telling him would break his heart.
 
("you're leaving?" luhan questioned, a frown drawing on his face.
 
"i'll come back, of course. i just need some time away." joonmyeon said.
 
luhan tried to piece together everything that was thrown at him, only to have a jumbled mess sitting in his thoughts. "and you want me to take care of minseok?"
 
joonmyeon nodded his head. "he trusts you a lot, and so do i."
 
luhan blinked. "how long will you be gone for?"
 
"i don't know."
 
"you shouldn't leave minseok, he needs you a lot more than he needs me, you know." luhan said, fidgeting slightly in the chair.
 
"i need to figure out some things in my life right now. it's best if i leave. besides, i'm pretty sure minseok needs you just as much. maybe even more?" joonmyeon questioned, shrugging his shoulders.)
 
"joonmyeon hyung? i think he went out of town for a couple of days." luhan saying, not necessarily lying. joonmyeon was leaving the city for awhile; he just had no idea where he'll be going or when he's coming back. luhan just left out some essential details out of the whole picture.
 
minseok nodded a bit, a small pout on his lips. "that's so sudden.." he said, letting his voice drift off for a moment. "did he say when he'll be back?" 
 
luhan shook his head, stretching his arms out as he draped his body over the table, head resting against the cool touch of the mahogony table, looking up at minseok. "he never said." 
 
luhan watched minseok's face splay over various emotions, before settling it with a small smile on his lips. "oh, okay." he said in a small voice, going back to drinking his bubble tea. he took small sips, eyes wandering off to stare out the window displayed in front of them. luhan followed his gaze, only to find himself staring out the window as the sun slowly started settling down.
 
luhan sat back up, pushing himself away from the table as he checked the time on his phone. "ah, minseok. i should really get going now." he said, glancing from the window to his phone, then at minseok, who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. "minseok?" luhan repeated, waving his hand in front of the older's vision before he snapped back into reality, jumping slightly as he looked up to luhan with wide eyes.
 
"w-what? i'm sorry! i blanked out for a minute.." minseok mumbled, biting down onto his straw. 
 
luhan chuckled, shaking his head. "it's fine. i just said i have to leave now before it starts getting dark, you know." 
 
luhan watched minseok's face flash with a sudden panic, his breathe audibly catching in the back of his throat, the grip on his bubble tea tghtening more than necessary. "l-leave?" 
 
luhan blinked, nodding his head as he procceded to push in the chair. "yeah, i do have to get home, minseok-ah." he said, a small chuckle escaping my lips.
 
he watched as minseok's cheeks turned a slight pink, averting his eyes as he started nibbling nervously onto his straw.
 
"c-can you stay with me?" minseok asked softly, his eyes never leaving the table. "s-stay the night, to be more accurate. i've never spent a night without joonmyeon, and i-i'm scared.."
 
luhan blinked, fidgeting slightly. minseok looked up at luhan with wide eyes. "b-but if you're uncomfortable with that, you really don't have too! i-i just like the company!" minseok spoke fast, cheeks blazing red. luhan chuckled at this, reaching over to pinch minseok's chubby cheeks. minseok yelped, pulling away quickly. "yah, luhan!"
 
he laughed. "don't get so frantic, i don't mind staying the night with you. it'll be nice to sleep in a mansion for one night, hm?" luhan teased.
 
minseok's eyes immediately lit up at the mention of luhan staying with him. "yah, stop saying that. it's not a mansion!" minseok pouted, rubbing his cheeks as he glared up at luhan.
 
"it is a mansion!" luhan argued, twirling around in place with his arms held up high. "just look at this place!"
 
minseok rolled his eyes. "on second thought, you're annoying so leave."
 
luhan pretended to be hurt, wiping a "tear" from his eye. "m-minseok, how dare you!" he said, in between sniffs as he dabbed at his eyes.
 
minseok burst out into a fit of laughs. "you're a loser."
 
--
 
luhan woke up to minseok shaking him awake, his eyes fluttering open immediately as he sat up, trying to rub the sleep away from his eyes. he was sleeping in the guest room for the night ("oh my gosh, minseok! this bed is like heaven!") and his body was practically sprawled all over the queen-sized bed.
 
"minseok?" he groaned softly, sitting up as he blinked his eyes a couple of times, trying to let the dark adjust his eyes.
 
"luhan.." minseok whispered, a little bit too close than normally.
 
"are you okay?" luhan asked softly, his eyes finally adjusting to the dark as he noticed minseok was only inches away, his hand grasping onto luhan's arm.
 
"i-i'm not used to sleeping alone without joonmyeon. it feels lonely, and cold." minseok said, pouting. luhan took a deep breathe, running his hand through his hair as he leaned over to check the time. 3:05 a.m.
 
"come here." luhan said sleepily, scooting over as he patted the spot next to him. minseok hesitated first, before quickly slipping under the covers, getting himself comfy as he rested his head against the pillow.
 
"sorry luhan." he heard minseok mutter, which made luhan sink back into the comfy bed and comforters, turning his body towards minseok, his head propped up by his arm.
 
"don't be sorry." luhan said, grinning. "try sleeping now, okay?"
 
minseok nodded his head, smiling. luhan chuckled, getting himself comfy as he started to close his eyes, almost drifting off into sleep before he felt a sudden shift on the bed. he was going to open his mouth to tell minseok to just relax and sleep, until he felt a sudden warmth pressed against his side, his arm being held onto by someone, most presumably minseok. he felt minseok shift his head slightly closer, resting it against luhan's shoulder.
 
luhan fell asleep to the warmth of minseok's body against his.
 
--
 
luhan was the first to wake up as the sun shined through the window curtains slightly, hitting him square in the eye. he squinted, shifting over in the bed slightly to his side before he remembered minseok being next to him, snuggling up against his side as his arm was drapped underneath the older's body.
 
luhan didn't want to disturb his sleep, so he relaxed back down onto the bed,  puffing his cheeks out slightly as he watches minseok take small breathes, his eyes shut closed and his skin milky white. he notices the way minseok holds onto luhan's arm as though it was the last support in the world, and how minseok makes small mewling noises in his sleep, his head having a tendency to nuzzle against the back of his arm. he notices how minseok's so small and tiny, yet he's only older than him by a month. he notices how much of a little kid minseok resembles, and how he's always smiling that smile that makes his knees go slightly weak and his heart do somersaults in place. he notices how minseok has a tendency to bite things when he gets nervous, and his cheeks grow pinker by the second. he noticed how soft and pink minseok's lips look, and sometimes luhan has the strong urge to just ki--
 
luhan blinked, shaking his head immediately as he broke out of his daze. 
 
("i don't know, luhan. that's for you to figure out.") and he did. 
 
 
 
 
 
--
a/n: ANOTHER UPDATE! hello hello! sobs so like i reallly hope you like the storyline so far! i'm realy proud of what i've written so far and i hope no one's confused on anything. kdjsk if anyone is pleaseee comment and let me know and hopefully i could clear things up! you can already seem some feelings budding between xiuhan! heheh. ah anyway, your comments are muchhh appreciated and thank you for those who comment and read and subscribe alfjskjfdkdj <3 you guys makes me smile heheh. okay! comment, leave criticism, or just say hi! 
 
 
 
twitter: xiuminseokpls
lets be friends uwu