chapter two.

Maybe It's Something More
uhan's supposed to be at practice after classes have ended, but he has other plans. he quickly ran out of the school building, praying he wouldn't bump into his team mates so they won't drag him with them to the field. he lets out a small breathe of relief as he quickly jogs past the school, towards the opening gates and out into the real world. he lets himself walk the rest of the way down, fishing his phone out of his pocket as he sends a text out.
 
you're by the gates, right? -luhan
 
he waits for the reply, palms growing sweaty as he slowly starts to approach the school gates.
 
luhan spots minseok instantly, who was waiting on the opposite side of the gates, eyes staring down at his phone as he started tapping away on the screen. 
 
"minseok!" luhan called out, quickly speeding up his steps. minseok jumped slightly, turning around and peeking his head through the gates, a wide grin on his face. 
 
luhan laughed, hurrying over so he was standing next to minseok, trying to catch his breathe.
 
minseok blinked, a small smile on his lips. "you okay there?"
 
"yeah! of course. i just ran out here, and yeah." luhan said, breathing in and out slowly
 
minseok chuckled, nodding his head as he quickly looked back at the school. "don't you have practice today?" 
 
luhan paused for a moment, letting out a short cough as he shook his head. "uh, nope! practice was cancelled." 
 
"if you say so." minseok said, quirking an eyebrow at him, obviously not convinced.
 
"okay, okay! we did have practice, but come on. i'm already amazing enough, i scored atleast three goals last saturday!"
 
minseok rolled his eyes, walking off before luhan. "why did i agree to hang out with you again?"
 
luhan quickly followed after him like a lost puppy, a bright smile on his face. "because you couldn't resist me?"
 
"oh, but of course." minseok muttered, a smile playing hesitantly on his lips as he kept his head down, staring at the sidewalk as luhan caught up to him so they were walking side by side. luhan chuckled shoving his hands into his pocket as they continued on with small talk, their laughs being heard around the neighborhood. their steps took them from a quiet neighborhood to the bustling, busy streets of the city.
 
"where are we going again?" minseok asked, pouting as he looked around the unfamiliar area with bright lights and way too many people for his own comfort. he cringed inwardly as someone shoved against him, biting back a rude comment. he tried to remain as close to luhan as possible, fear of losing him amongst everyone else.
 
"hm, i figured we could go and get some bubble tea!" luhan said, glancing behind him and noticing the slight worry etched into minseok's face. he let out a small laugh, quickly grabbing the younger's wrist and pulling him closer to himself. minseok let out a small yelp, eyes wide and cheeks red as his chest was pressed against the younger's back.
 
"stay close to me, okay? i won't let you get lost that easily." luhan muttered, as he got shouldered by couple of passerbys. he ignored it all, continuing to walk foward with his hand wrapped securely around minseok's wrist.
 
minseok let the younger lead him to a nice bubble tea place that had unlimited amount of flavors to choose from. he stared in awe at the whole array of flavors. however, he decided to just stick to regular bubble tea, and luhan with taro.
 
after getting their drinks, minseok quietly started heading off to seat at a table, before he felt someone tug him backwards, and out the door.
 
"luhan!" minseok huffed, turning around to glare at the blonde headed boy who was biting down on his straw with a quirky grin on his face.
 
"you weren't supposed to sit down, we aren't staying!" luhan bounced slightly on the balls of his feet, before stopping. "minseok-ah! why are you carrying so much books? you have a backpack for a reason, silly." luhan quickly took minseok's book into his hands before the older could protest, making him hold his bubble tea. he shuffled towards minseok's backpack, ignoring his words as he ped it quickly, about to shove the books in before he noticed all the medication piling up inside. there were so many different colors of pills, all for different days of the week. he bit his bottom lip, carefully sliding the books inside and zipping it up carefully.
 
"luhan!" minseok yelled, turning around with an attempt to look angry at the younger, eyebrows furrowed.
 
luhan blinked, pushing aside the thoughts of why minseok would need all those medicine, reaching over to take back his bubble tea.
 
"luhan!" minseok whined, stepping back so the other wouldn't be able to get his bubble tea. luhan laughed out loud, following the older's footsteps.
 
"what? it looked heavy." luhan pouted, quickly grabbing at his bubble tea, a victorious smile on his lips.
 
minseok huffed, glaring up at luhan. "but my backpack is heavy now."
 
luhan rolled his eyes. "let me carry it, then."
 
minseok blinked, tilting his head. "wha--no! it's fine, i can carry it myse-" minseok was saying, before he got caught off as luhan carefully start sliding his back pack off his shoulder, minseok pouting as he let the older do so. he watched as luhan took off his own backpack, handing it over to minseok.
 
"there's barely anything in it, don't worry." luhan chuckled, slipping minseok's backpack over his shoulders. minseok hesitantly slipped luhan's backpack onto his back, nodding his head as his eyes shifted downwards.
 
"shouldn't you be saying thank you?" luhan teased, poking the older's head. 
 
minseok clicked his tongue, shrugging. "why do you make me feel like a girl?"
 
"a girl?" luhan laughed, quickly tugging on the other male's wrist. "well, you're just as pretty as a girl. maybe even prettier."
 
luhan felt himself smile proudly as he noticed minseok's blush creeping on his cheeks, a small smile taking over as he quickly looked down at the sidewalk, letting the other drag him around.
 
it was a couple of hours later where they found themselves at a playground, the sun starting to set as they laid on the grass, shoulder to shoulder, staring up into the sky.
 
"minseok." luhan muttered slightly, turning his head to look at the orange haired boy. he saw minseok blink once, before turning his head as well so they were face to face. 
 
"yes?"
 
luhan puffed his cheeks out, letting his eyes roam all over the older's face. 
 
"i'm really glad you gave me your number."
 
minseok laughed, rolling his eyes and turning his head back to stare up into the hollow sky. "mm, i'm glad i did too."
 
luhan chuckled, still staring at the older. "hey minseok, why do you have so much medicine in your bag?"
 
minseok's laugh slowly died away, his smile disappearing entirely as he his lips nervously, glancing at luhan briefly.
 
"you saw those?" luhan nodded in response. 
 
"is everything okay?"
 
minseok blinked, practically forcing a smile onto his face. "of course." 
 
"you're lyi-"
 
"i said everything's fine, luhan!" minseok interupted, tensing up slightly as he immediately sat up, hurrying onto his feet. "i-i have to go!" he started, quickly running away as fast as his short legs can carry him.
 
"m-minseok!" luhan cried, immediately scrambling to his feet as he tried to run after the older who was already running back towards the bright city lights. he cursed slightly under his breathe as he quickened his pace, hoping 7 years of playing soccer would pay off.
 
he groaned inwardly as he noticed the crowd of people pushing against eachother, one big giant mess. he pushed his way through, calling out minseok's name until he suddenly heard a small cry coming from further ahead. fear arose in him as he jabbed people in the gut to try and get through more efficiently, stopping short when he found minseok on his knees, hands clutching over his ears as his breathing started to come off eratic. luhan could hear people muttering rude coments about minseok just sitting there randomly, annoyance clearly written on their expressions.
 
luhan fell down onto his knees, cupping the older's face to make him look at him, noticing the way tears trickled down his face as his eyes were closed shut, shaking his head to pry luhan's hand off his face.
 
"minseok, minseok sh." luhan spoke softly, ignoring the way people's knees hit against his back or arms. "it's luhan, i'm here don't worry."
 
minseok's hand seized to try and yank the older's cool hands against his skin, trembling slightly as he opened his eyes. "l-luhan." he mumbled, hiccuping slightly as fear laced through his eyes. "t-too many people." he said, trying to cringe away as he felt the way people pushed against him.
 
luhan quickly stood up, adjusting minseok's backpack so he was wearing it backwards as he hoisted minseok onto his back, pushing past people as he felt the older wrap his arms around his shoulders tightly, as though he was afraid of getting lost again.
 
"don't worry, i'm here." luhan muttered as he quickly retreated away from the bustling city of seoul and back towards home, wherever that may be.
 
 
 
 
 
 
-
a/n: hello guys! another update in one day! as i mentioned before, i wrote this story and never really had plans of putting it online for everyone to see. but i am now! i'm sorry if this chapter really isn't the best or lacks a few things. i apologize, i'm not proud of the first couple of chapers of this story. anyway, i hope you guys enjoy reading and continue to leave comments or say hi! thank youfor reading and subscribing everyone! <3
 
twitter xiuminseokpls ayeeeee ouo