Chapter 7: A small sign of hope

Hunt for Gold

Jungkook opens his eyes slowly. He’s alone in a guest room. it’s a very comfortable room expect for the fact that the doors are locked and there are guards outside. V, Jimin and even Minwoo were taken away by Dongwoo and Soyul.

Are they all right? What if they’re dead?! Jungkook can’t think straight.

Suddenly, a chill creeps over his back and he turns around. The door is closed but there is a young man in front of him. His eyes are small and mostly covered by his long bangs.

‘What a surprise. You noticed me.’ He says, smiling. He would’ve looked cute to Jungkook if the gun in his left hand would be absent.

‘Who are you? A hunter?’ Of course he is you idiot! The young man smiles and nods. ‘I’m Suga.’

‘I assume that’s not your real name.’

‘Aigoo~ how smart you are.’ Suga says as he pinches Jungkook’s cheek. Jungkook quickly pushes his hand away. ‘Don’t touch me.’

He quickly takes a few steps back. ‘How cold.’ Suga says. Jungkook turns around. Then suddenly his eye falls on the two people outside, in the garden. From afar he can already see they are both flower boys. He gasps when he recognizes one. ‘That guy!’

‘What?’ Suga asks. Before Jungkook knows it the other is standing right next to him. His sharp eyes scanning through the royal garden.’ Then he sighs. ‘That’s just L, did you meet him before? Did he try to kill you?’

‘Well I don’t know that L guy but I know the other one!’

‘Which other one?’ Suga asks, turning towards him to face him. Jungkook takes a look outside. He's gone!

‘Am I seeing things?’

‘What did you see?’

‘Probably nothing.’ Jungkook says. Is my mind playing tricks on me? But it was definitely that guy… what was his name…?

‘Well then, should we meet the king now?’ Suga asks, making a gesture with his right hand towards the door.

 

~

‘Come on out, they didn’t see you.’

‘Glad you noticed.’Sungjong says, crawling away from the bush he hid behind.

‘What are you going to do?’ L asks. ‘Because this is you’re territory I won’t do anything. But Jinyoung hyung is planning to come here so don’t let your guard down.’

‘Are you going to kill him? Jeon Jeongguk?’

‘Of course I am. I have to do that much to not lose my special position.’

‘What if Jinyoung kills him first?’

‘I don’t know about that. Choa and Way won’t be a nuisance. They won’t dirty their hands on a weak prey. I am a bit worried about Jin hyung though.’

‘Don’t be. It’s not like that guy can kill people they way Jinyoung can.’

‘That’s right but the last time he ate was 2 months ago. Plus, the thing he was eating was the prey assigned to us 2 months and 3 days ago.’

L whistles. ‘Wow!’

‘Don’t say that. It was gross.’ Sungjong admits. L laughs. ‘Then, I’ll go now. I will send you a report later.’

 

~

Suga knocks on the door. Instead of an answer the door just opens. The one opening the door is Dongwoo. ‘My king, Jeon Jeongguk has come.’

‘Let him in.’ Jungkook is surprised by the friendly voice. It reminds him of queen Ellin (not that I ever met her personally before) which calms him down. He enters the big room and is immediately pushed down by Suga for a 90 degrees bow. He can hear the young king laugh. ‘It’s alright Suga.’ He says. Jungkook feels how the hand on his back is immediately removed. He straightens up again, now properly facing the man on the throne around 8 meters away from him.

Donghyun signs for him to come closer. Jungkook does so.

‘Jeon Jeongguk… what crime did you commit?’

‘None sir.’ Jungkook answers.

‘Then… why do your eyes look so desperate?’ Jungkook can feel his body getting hot. What does that guy even know?! I’m thrown out of my home country and my parents were killed. Even my friends are now locked up!

‘Why, Jeon Jeongguk?’ The stern voice rushes the temper out of his body. Jungkook takes a deep breath before parting his lips.

‘How can I not be afraid sir? I am a prey for the 25 best killers in the whole world.’ He answers. Donghyun nods slightly and then gets up from his chair. ‘I am really curious. You are not a serial killer, nor a , nor a ghost or other evil spirit. You’re just a boy. A very unlucky one that is.’

Jungkook hesitates a bit. ‘I guess I am.’

‘Well, we’re the same then.’ Donghyun says. Jungkook is surprised by the sad smile on the other’s face.

‘My king.’ Dongwoo warns. Donghyun quickly fixes his expression. ‘I spoke to Minwoo just now. He said you’re a good person and he will help you to prove you are not the prey for this ‘game’.’

‘He also told me before taking me to you. I’m not really sure if I can trust him.’

‘Of course you can. He’s one of the best friends people like us could wish for. That also stands for your other friends. They cursed at me for half an hour before they accepted talking to me.’ Suga coughs and Jungkook can see him trying to hold back a smile. ‘You met Jimin and V hyung.’

‘I only spoke to Park Jimin. The other kept on being weird so I decided he wouldn’t help. You have friends on your side so I assume you were speaking the truth to me just now.’

‘Thank you, sir.’

‘Don’t thank me. Thank Minwoo and your friends. As you know Ellin is not in a condition to rule right now so there is no one to stop those hunters from going after you. Instead, I will keep my hunters on hold for now. I heard you were visiting your uncle and aunt.’

‘Yes I am.’

‘Then, should we make a deal?’ Donghyun asks.

‘Inform me.’

‘I will give you five days to find a way to prove your innocence. In those days I will put my hunters on hold.  If you sent me a message with a good explanation, me and my hunters will help you. If you don’t, they will kill you.’

Dongwoo immediately starts laughing and clapping in his hands. Jungkook can feel his legs getting weak, seeing the serious expression on Donghyun’s face.

‘What if I’m not able to send a message?’

‘That’s your own problem not mine. Get it ready in advance and let your friends sent it or something. Be creative!’

‘Yes sir.’ Jungkook says. Donghyun smiles. ‘I will make a contract for you to sign. Please don’t forget to give me three drops of blood.’ Jungkook shivers but nods.

 

~

Sungkyu opens his eyes slowly when the door of the throne room slams shut. ‘We’re here your Majesty.’

‘Ah, CNU, Hyunseong, where were you all this time.’

‘We came after seeing the message you sent. Do you think we can’t kill him?’ Hyunseong asks.

‘It’s not that. I have to kill Jeon Jeongguk. Even though I don’t know much, I’m not planning the screw up the world like queen Gunmi. I will rule together with the others of course.’

‘Really? Then why are you trying so hard?’ CNU asks.

‘Because I am the only one that can stop Bor… queen Gunmi.’ He explains. He closes his eyes when he can feel his head throbbing.

‘Your majesty, are you alright?’ CNU asks with a slightly worried tone in his voice. ‘My head has been hurting recently. Especially after what happened to queen Ellin.’ When Sungkyu opens his eyes he can see the two are waiting.

‘You’re dismissed.’ The two of them bow and leave the room.

 

CNU closes the door behind him.

‘What to do hyung! I thought poisoning her would help but he’s feeling even worse.’

‘Yeah. You made a mistake there. I already told you he wouldn’t be at ease with queen Ellin being ‘out’.’ CNU says.

‘Then, what will we do? I was also planning to do the other rulers.’

‘Don’t. You’ll get caught. Let’s focus on the task at hand: Killing the prey.’

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO, Donghyun, L, Suga, Hyunseong & CNU entered the scene >_<