Chapter 6: Betrayal

Hunt for Gold

When Jungkook wakes up he realizes he slept really well for someone that could be killed every second of the day.

With this thought, he jumps out of bed. The other two beds in the room are already empty. Jungkook quickly puts on his clothes before running towards the living room.

 

‘You’re awake?’ Minwoo asks, walking into the living room from the kitchen. He’s holding a plate with French toast and a pack of orange juice. Behind him V and Jimin enter with plates and glasses.

‘Sorry I’m late. We’ll leave after breakfast?’

‘Yes, immediately after so eat a lot.’ Jimin says as he puts the plates on the table.

‘Do you need any more help?’

‘It’s done already, slowpoke.’  V playfully scolds him. Jungkook smiles. ‘Then I’ll take a seat. I’ll enjoy the meal.’ He says. The other three also sit down and start eating.

Minwoo takes out his tablet. Jungkook watches how Minwoo taps a few times on the screen and then stops.

‘No way!’

‘What?’ V asks surprised. Jimin bends himself over the table so he can look at the tablet.

‘What’s wrong?’ Jungkook asks when he sees his hyung’s eyes widen.

‘Yesterday night queen Ellin has fallen terribly ill. She’s unconsciousness right now and has a fever that could kill her.’

Jungkook watches the two in front of him and  V gasps. ‘How?’

‘The cause is unknown. Also, after what happened to her king Sungkyu he… he let a message spread telling everyone that serves him to kill you.’ Minwoo says, his eyes now moving from the tablet screen towards Jungkook.

‘What do you mean? Wasn’t it already like that?’

‘You don’t get it do you? Normally citizens aren’t being dragged into this kind of stuff. It seems like he really wants you dead.’

‘Well, that makes me lose my appetite.’ V says as he throws his French toast back down on his plate. Jungkook almost chokes on his piece of bread. ‘Then… cough cough .. wh… cough… why?’

‘How dangerous are you, that Kim Sungkyu wants you dead this much?’

‘That’s what I’m trying to find out ok?!’ Jungkook shouts as he jumps up from his chair. ‘Let’s go before we get caught.’

 

‘Suspicous.’ He hears Minwoo say before he throws the door of the bedroom shut behind him.

 

~

The night before

 

Jinyoung locks another lock on the chains around the tree and Sungyeol. He takes a step back to inspect his work and then nods in satisfaction.

‘Good. Now we can talk face to face. Like men.’

‘I think the situation is a bit unfair though.’ Sungyeol says.

‘How do you know Jeon Jeongguk? Is there a reason why you haven’t killed him yet?’

‘I haven’t met him.’

‘Liar.’

‘The person that you thought gave you the right information was a liar.’

‘Shut the up.’

‘Wow!’ Sungyeol says, surprised. ‘You take this close to heart. It must be someone you really like.’

Jinyoung laughs at his words. ‘Then what about you? Asking me about Sungjong.’

‘I don’t know why you’re judging me. Weren’t you also separated from your family and friends?’

‘Yes, I was. But you made Sungjong took your place.’

‘I just didn’t want to turn into a heartless monster.’

‘And because you were afraid Sungjong took your place.’

‘He didn’t take my place he was chosen out of the three of us.’

‘That’s right! There were three of you that day. I still remember Gunmi looking at the three of you as if you were her new toys. And then her eye fell on our pretty boy, Lee Sungjong.’ Jinyoung’s cold eyes pierce through Sungyeol’s, the blood slowly forming on his lips from excitement.

I wish I wasn’t tied down like this. I will punch that guy till he has blood anywhere but his filthy mouth. I’ll pull his eyes and every single of his teeth out of his mouth and I…

Then suddenly Jinyoung is pulled backwards. ‘What the heck are you doing?’ A familiar voice says. Jinyoung laughs. ‘Lee Sungjong! Did you hear what we talked about?’

‘No. I just came.’

‘How nice. Are you here because of the news about queen Ellin.’

‘Can you please shut up?’ Sungjong asks. Sungyeol is a bit surprised by the sudden appearance of the younger.

‘Why are you here?’

Sungjong turns away from him. ‘We need to go quickly. Kim Sungkyu is getting excited so we should take care of this quickly for our queen.’

‘YA! DON’T IGNORE ME!’ Sungyeol screams. Sungjong turns around, his dark eyes make Sungyeol shiver. Before the other two notice Sungjong has grabbed the key from Jinyoung’s pocket and is in front of Sungyeol opening the lock.

‘We don’t have time to take care of you so go.’

‘Why didn’t you let him stay there?’ Jinyoung asks. Sungyeol smiles as he takes of the chain. ‘Yeah? Why didn’t you?’

‘Want me to tie you back then?’ Sungjong asks, obviously annoyed.

‘No, this is alright.’ Sungyeol says, smiling happily.

 

~

Dongwoo and Soyul stare at the door of one luxury house.

‘Is Minwoo really on our side?’

‘Not on ours, but on our king’s.’ She answers.

‘Where are the others?’

‘Holding back the nuances. We can’t have other hunters here for our feast.’

 

~

‘Shall we go?’ Minwoo asks as he closes the door in the hallway. Jungkook follows Jimin and V towards the end of the hall and opens the front door. When he sees the two people in front of him he quickly wants to close the door again but Dongwoo’s foot is already inside and his hand enters next, pulling him outside, into Soyul’s arms who immediately puts a gun against his head.

Jimin comes out next, taken by Dongwoo. Lastly, V comes out of the house facing the others with his back, taking his steps slowly. Lastly Minwoo comes out, pointing a small gun at V. His gaze doesn’t wander and he locks his front door backwards with one hand.

‘Hyung… why?’ V asks, his voice trembling.

‘I knew you couldn’t be trusted.’ Jimin says. Jungkook can feel his heart beating in his throat. He’s too afraid to run away and something in Minwoo’s eyes tells him to stay still.

‘Jimin, I know hyung looks like a bad person right now but I don’t know another way to take you.’

‘Where are you taking us?’ Jungkook asks.

‘Towards our king. You will only leave this country alive if that are his orders, understand?’

Jimin takes one step forward towards Minwoo. ‘You filthy…’ He’s forced to stop when Dongwoo’s hands choke him. ‘STOP IT!’ V screams, tears forming in his eyes. Jungkook can only watch. Everything inside of him tells him to save his hyungs, beat these people up or run away but the gun against his head makes it unable for him to put his thoughts into action.

‘Even though I want to help you guys. If Jeon Jeongguk is not what he claims to be, which is a normal citizen and a victim in this case, I will have to do what I was trained to do as a hunter. I will kill you in order to save the 4 countries.’ Minwoo says.

‘I got it. But please let my friends go.’

‘I’m afraid we can’t do that.’ Dongwoo says, now patting Jimin’s back who is coughing from just being choked.

‘I beg you.’

‘We can’t. Just accept it, it’ll make you look less suspicious.’ Soyul explains. Jungkook turns his eyes towards her and then nods. ‘Alright. Take me to your king then.’

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So... the thing is I actually don't remember the story I wanted to write so it's a bit of a mess right now XD

Sorry... It's L's birthday today!!! He hasn't appeared yet though...

The main image is how I imagine Sungjong while writing about him. Manliness but pretty all the way~~