Chapter 4: The game is on

Hunt for Gold

The pic announces two guys joining the game *does happy dance*

This chapter is way too long (2.931 words 0_0). I'm sick and have nothing to do that's why xD If you're not in the mood read only half for now. I will make the chapters shorter from now on pyongg~ >.<

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘We’re going now.’ He whispers but then a hand places on his shoulder.

‘Not so fast.’

‘You’re not leaving without us are you?’

 

Normally he would have realized the voices immediately but now it takes him a few seconds to muster up his courage and turn around. He sighs in relief when he’s facing V and Jimin.

‘Oh… it’s you.’ He says, smiling.

‘Who was that guy?’ V asks. ‘I have no idea.’ Jungkook says. He quickly lowers his gaze when he sees their suspicious looks.

‘Kookie? Why are you chosen for the game?’ Jimin asks. ‘I don’t know hyung. I’m going to find out.’

‘Where are you going?’ V asks.

‘I’m going to my uncle and aunt. They are professors and my aunt is my mother’s older sister. I think they’ll be able to help me.’ Jungkook explains.

‘Sounds good. Let’s go.’ V says pointing at two horses standing in the distance. Jungkook watches the white and brown horse and then turns towards his hyungs. ‘Are you going with me?’

‘Of course. People that want to kill my dongsaeng first have to fight me.’ V announces, winking handsomely. Jimin also nods excitedly. ‘Don’t worry dongsaeng. We’ll protect…’ -  ‘No way!’ Jungkook cuts him off. ‘You can’t go. This is my problem, not yours.’

‘They made it our problem when they chose you. What kind of queen would kill her own people?’ V says.

‘DON’T INSULT THE QUEEN!’ Jungkook shouts in all of his rage, immediately faced with her expression, full of love and worry.

‘WHY NOT?!’ V yells back. Jungkook realizes he shouldn’t have gotten mad. He has never seen her before. He promised Sun… a certain hyung he would forget about the past 8 hours.

‘It’s not like she has any choice…’

‘Why not? She could chose to not win.’ Jimin says. Jungkook hasn’t really thought about that but after thinking he shakes his head.

‘That would be weird, wouldn’t it?’

‘Maybe…’ V says but then he shakes his head. ‘Everything about this game is weird. So let’s make it fun and let us go with you. They will never expect you to bring handsome knights!’

‘Since when were you guys handsome? And by the way, you guys won’t be knights but annoying little kids that are in the way. The best killers of the world are after my guys!’

V rolls with his eyes and Jimin laughs. ‘Congratulations at being the most searched guy in the world but do you think that you can go against them on your own? I don’t think so!’

‘I’m not planning to fight them. I’m running away.’

‘Tsch. Coward.’ V announces, earning a scary glare from the other. ‘Then, you’ll guys fight him like men. I’ll run.’

‘Alright.’ Jimin says before whistling a short melody. The brown horse that was first standing farther away is now right next to him. ‘I don’t care as long as I can go with you.’

‘Me too.’ V says. Jungkook sighs but then nods. ‘Let’s go together then.’ Even though he knows it’s safer to go alone it at least feels safer to be with his friends.

Just like that he gets on his horse once again.

 

I hope I won’t regret this decision….

 

~

It doesn’t take Sungjong any effort to sneak into the palace. Now that the game has started he doesn’t have much choice so in quick, unheard footsteps he nears the guards and slices their throats with his knives. It all happens so fast they don’t have the chance to make any sound. Only when he’s around the first corner of the hallway he hears guards screaming outside. ‘They’re really slow here…’ Sungjong whispers.

He takes another left and quickly hides behind a statue when a few guards suddenly appear from a room. he waits until they’re gone and then takes the stairs.

If she can’t give me information I’ll just get rid of her.

Only a few more steps and he’s in front of the big wooden door he was standing yesterday evening. Now the hallway is not as dark because it’s morning.

Suddenly someone is standing in front of him.

‘Lee Sungjong. I will give you five minutes to leave this palace.

‘Lee Howon.’

‘Don’t call me that.’ Hoya says, watching the younger, pretty boy in front of him.

‘I didn’t finish my conversation with the queen yesterday. I have more questions for her.’

‘You weren’t allowed to be here yesterday and that hasn’t changed.’ Hoya says. Sungjong rolls his eyes and pulls out the knife of his holder, alarming Hoya.

‘Do you see this? This is the blood of your men.’ Sungjong says, pointing at the dirty knife. ‘I was so eager to speak to your queen that I didn’t even clean it. I didn’t come here to waste my time talking to you.’

‘That also applies to me. I’m busy.’ Hoya says.

‘You are here because you can’t kill the prey right?’

‘No. I’m going to find out who gave information to your queen.’

Sungjong smiles slyly. ‘Does it make you tremble in fear, to know someone here is seeing your every movement and reports it to us? Does it make you scared to know someone you trust is backstabbing you at the moment?’

‘I’m not afraid Sungjong. I’m just curious. I will find  them.’

‘And then what? Kill him?’

‘No. I’m going to ask him or her why they did it and how I can help them.’

‘You haven’t changed a bit.’

‘That’s because I was trained properly by my queen. I didn’t become a heartless puppet like you.’ Hoya says, watching the other’s cold eyes. ‘It’s saddening she took you in…’ Before Hoya knows it he’s grabbed by his collar and pushed against the big wooden door. He watches Sungjong’s big, dark eyes. ‘Don’t insult my queen you filthy rat.’ Sungjong hisses. Hoya just watches him. ‘How can I not? You weren’t this kind of person before.’

‘I didn’t become like this because of her.’

‘Then… is it because of me? Sungyeol?’ Sungjong’s cold eyes are gone for only a second and Hoya can feel his heart hurting as he watches the eyes that show only pain and sadness before hardening again. Sungjong pushes him against the wall again before letting go of his collar and turning around. Hoya watches him as he disappears in the dark hallway.

 

~

Gongchan watches the gate and reads the letters on the board.

 

University of Lee Jinki

‘May our golden voices reach the gates of heaven and open them for the need’

- Lee Jinki

 

‘Didn’t expect to find those words in this country.’

‘What do you mean?’ Gongchan quickly turns around. ‘Did I say that out loud?’

‘Yes.’ The other says. Gongchan is not sure but thinks the boy in front of him is a first year.

‘I thought you were a sunbae but it seems like you’re not from here.’ Gongchan feels uncomfortable with the boy studying him. Then a hand lands on his shoulder. ‘He’s with me.’ He turns his head and sees Jinyoung smiling at the other, who now smiles.

‘I see.’

‘Don’t you have a lecture right now Youngmin?’ The boy, Gongchan now knows as Youngmin watches the clock on the building of the university. ‘Oops! I’m late.’ He announces before leaving them.

‘Who was that?’ Gongchan asks.

‘Just a first year. Jo Youngmin sticks onto people like glue when they hold secrets. He’s the most curious first year I’ve ever seen.’ Jinyoung explains before starting to walk.

 

‘Hyung… I don’t think I can give you more information about Jeong Jeongguk.’

‘He’s not in the palace anymore.’

‘Yes. He escaped at night right before we killed him.’

‘He’s lucky.’

‘I think Hoya or Sungyeol helped him or the queen closed an eye when he escaped.’

‘I agree. He wasn’t able to escape on his own. That’s impossible.’ Jinyoung says. They enter the park near the university. Jinyoung takes a seat on one of the benches and signs Gongchan to sit down.

‘I’m going after the boy in a few hours. What about you?’

‘I think I’m going to team up with Rapmon and Baro to find him. I’ll keep in contact with you.’

‘You know you don’t have to.’ Jinyoung says but Gongchan shakes his head. ‘No… I owe you. You are the one that saved me after my parents dumped me. I know I shouldn’t feel sorry for myself but… I was only four years old. How could they leave me?’ Gongchan whispers, facing Jinyoung with desperate eyes.

‘You know I can’t answer that question.’ Jinyoung says and then he sighs. ‘You’ve done enough so don’t meet me anymore. I’m glad you met the right people.’

‘So you didn’t hyung?’

‘Me? I became a monster. Everyone in the royal palace is ill Chansik.’

‘Please don’t call me that. It brings back memories I want to forget.’ Gongchan says.

‘But I don’t want to.’ Jinyoung says, causing Gongchan to open his eyes and face him. ‘I was human then… an innocent little boy.’ He says. Before Gongchan is able to say something Jinyoung starts to cough.

‘Are you alright?’ Gongchan asks. ‘Y… *cough* yeah *cough* don’t worry.’

‘YOU’RE BLEEDING!’ Gongchan jumps up when he sees the blood on Jinyoung’s lower lip and fingers. A few people turn around and Jinyoung pulls the other down on the bench. He moves closer. ‘Shut the up.’ He hisses. Gongchan watches Jinyoung’s pure white teeth covered with blood with big eyes.

‘I’m going. Do the same.’ Jinyoung says as he lets go of Gongchan’s arm, gets up and leaves.

‘So… He doesn’t need me anymore?’ Gongchan asks. Still a bit surprised. ‘I shouldn’t worry about him, should I? Doing that would be weird…’

 

~

Jungkook, Jimin and V just entered Donghyun’s country.

Surprisingly the guards didn’t  even seem to care and let them through without asking a lot of questions. The only thing they announced were their fake names and that they are from Ellin’s country. The reason why they came had been planned beforehand. Jimin had casually said: ‘We are young men who want to seduce some bikini girls at the beach.’ The guards had laughed, a little bit erted, and let them through.

They have now entered the nearest town. They have left their horses with a farmer near the town. The road here is hardened and everyone drives with cars, skateboards or bikes which makes it only more dangerous for them and the horses.

‘I’m glad we decided to walk. We already look like we don’t belong here.’ Jimin says, eyeing his old clothes and the people around them, wearing shorts, dresses and t-shirts.’

‘We definitely look like foreigners.’ V says. ‘Poor foreigners.’ Jungkook adds. They stop when all of their stomaches growl at the same time.

‘Let’s eat. There’s a bar&café at the other side of the street.’ Jimin says.

‘Do we have enough money?’ V asks.  Jimin shrugs his shoulders. ‘If we don’t we just run. We are criminals already.’ Jungkook is startled by Jimin’s answer. ‘What?! No way! I have money don’t worry.’ He tries to ignore to think about the person that gave him the money.

 

They go inside the bar and order their food. It arrives quickly. They all eat their food quickly.

‘Can’t we order more?’ V whines. ‘No. We have to be wise with our money.’ Jungkook announces.

‘Kookie hyung~’ V whines. Jungkook and Jimin both laugh.

Suddenly the door is opened and the whole café is silent.

 

Dongwoo’s eyes immediately turn towards the three boys. Out of fear and the atmosphere they quickly hide under the table.

‘Why are you here sir?’ The owner of the café asks.

‘Did three young boys come here?’ Dongwoo asks. ‘No sir.’ The owner says but Dongwoo can only smirk when he can see the man signing with his left finger towards his oldest daughter who immediately starts moving towards the table where the boys are.

‘Really?’ Dongwoo smirks and uses one of the chairs as a stepping stone to get on top of the bar.  ‘I think I saw him though…’ He says. He can hear the residents fearing him. Everyone is fearing him, which is actually weird. Because he’s the right man he can’t do as much as the other hunters. He has to follow some rules. This fact annoys him… always.

‘As you know I’m looking for Jeon Jeongguk for my master.’ He says, not forgetting to meet with the eyes of every single person in the café. ‘I can’t give you a reward if I find him but it would still be nice if you tell me. My king will kill me if I don’t bring that boy to him alive so please don’t kill him.’ He says, before jumping of the bar, starling some people. As always the younger kids only laugh, finding Dongwoo funny.

‘Dinosaur!’ A five year old girl says as she grabs his shirt. Dongwoo gets on one knee so he and the girl are on the same eye level.  ‘Rawwwrr~’ Dongwoo says, winking at the girl. She smiles happily and Dongwoo pats her on her head.  ‘You’re so cute. Are you a dinosaur trainer?’ Dongwoo asks. The girl giggles and claps in her hands form excitement. Then the girl is grabbed by her mother and pulled away from him.

 

Jungkook watches the scene with wonder in his eyes. He looks nice though… it looks like he’s not planning to kill me. Jungkook feels a bit sad when he sees the hurt in Dongwoo’s body language as the little girl is pulled away from him. The mother looks at him with a  scared and protective expression.

Dongwoo laughs out loud before standing up and leaving the café without saying another word.

Jungkook  crawls away from the table and when he gets up he’s immediately facing one of the waitresses. ‘Come with me. He probably saw you. You should probably go through the backdoor to be sure.’ V and Jimin follow her. Jungkook first pays the owner. ‘Who was that?’

‘Dongwoo, our king’s right hand. You should also look out for Soyul. She’s his left handman.’

‘Are they dangerous.’

‘My oldest daughter… she was going to become a hunter but Soyul took her place. She was such an amazing killer she was hired in 6 seconds.’

‘How can someone be hired in 6 seconds?’ One of the men at the bar asks. The owner bites his lip and turns towards the man. ‘Do you want me to scare the boy.’

‘Please tell me.’ Jungkook says quickly, his curiosity seems to always win over his fear. The owner is a bit surprised but then waves him closer. Jungkook bends over the bar. ‘She killed the 5 ex-hunters in 4 seconds. She was hired in the other two.’ Jungkook’s eyes widen.

‘Try to get on her good side. She has mercy on friends.’

‘How do you know?’

‘I was there when it happened.’ The owner says. Jungkook’s eyes widen. ‘Can I… ask for your name?’

‘I’m Kibum. I used to be known as Key. You may have heard of me.’ Jungkook’s eyes widen.

‘You were my former king’s right hand!’

‘That’s right. How is Ellin? Is she doing well?’ Jungkook wants to answer immediately but then remembers his promise.

‘I don’t know. I have never met her.’

‘There is a rumor you did though…’ Key says, more to himself. Then he shrugs his shoulders. ‘Go. They won’t wait for you forever.’

 

The three of them take the backdoor.

Jimin jokes about one woman in the bar her outfit and V laughs out loud. Their laughing stops quickly.

‘That was a good meal wasn’t it?’ Jungkook asks. When there isn’t an answer he turns around.

In front of him V & Jimin are standing, in between them a female. She’s pointing guns at the back of their heads.

Then Jungkook is grabbed by strong hands. ‘Who did you bring?’ He immediately recognizes Dongwoo’s voice.

‘They’re not important Soyul. Shoot them.’

‘No way! If I shoot them in front of him he won’t be able to talk later.’

‘Really?’ Dongwoo asks himself. ‘He isn’t the same as you or me Dongwoo. He’ll be shocked to see someone die.’

‘I see.’ Dongwoo says, laughing. Jungkook isn’t sure if this guy is a genius or an idiot.

Probably a genius. He saw me! He ing saw me! Not to myself: Never hide again. If there’s a next time run, RUN GOT IT?!

 

Suddenly Dongwoo lets go of him and he gets punched in the face. ‘He’s mine.’ A calm, male voice announces. The boy punching Dongwoo in the face looks incredibly calm. Jungkook almost throws up watching the bleeding man that now gets the situation and pushes the other to the ground. ‘He’s mine Jin!’

‘No. he’s my queen’s.’ The boy, named Jin announces. He gets punched against his head and his blond hair turns dark red. When Jungkook turns around he sees Soyul is also pulled away and she is now pointing her gun at two other young men. ‘Well well! J-Hope and Sandeul. It’s been a while! One is carrying a gun and sword while the other is only wearing two guns.

Before Jungkook knows it Jimin has grabbed him by the wrist and pulls him away from the others.

‘Run.’ He hisses through his teeth, taking Jungkook and V with him.

Before the hunters disappear from their sight V’s eyes meet with the boy holding the two guns.

Hoseok hyung?

It can’t be. He’s dead!

Right…?