s o n g s

Sealed Lips

"Everyone!" Youngjae jeered. "Today is the day that thee great Jung Daehyun was brought upon this world with his angelic voice! And because his voice is so angelic, shall we let him sing his heart out to the girl whom he loves?" 

The small crowd cheered for Daehyun to go up and sing for his "crush," if you will. 

Daehyun made his way up and glared at Youngjae, "Thanks a lot." Daehyun says. Youngjae gives him a thumbs up and leaves the stage.

"Wooooo!" Jieun cheered. Jieun loved the cheesy-romance stuff. She felt like the cheesy-romance fulfilled her fantasy of what true love was.

"What are you cheering for?" Yongguk asks. His fingers flowed through his silky hair. He glanced over at Jieun, who still was cheering, with love in his eyes. 

Jieun glares at Yongguk, "For Daehyun, of course," she says. "I wouldn't be cheering for you, now would I?"

Yongguk scoffs and turns to look at the stage. 

"This song," Daehyun pauses. He wipes away his invisible sweat. "This song is dedicated to my beloved Yoo Youngjae!" he spills. The crowd's cheers became bittersweet. 

"Aye! Liar!" someone shouts. 

Youngjae appears on stage with a bouquet of flowers and a note, "For you." he says into the microphone. "Not from me, but yeah."

Daehyun took the flowers and read the note out loud.

"Jung Daehyun! Your birthday has come! Finally, right? Haha… Happy Birthday! I'll come on stage to sing you a song, k?
- Song Jieun
"

Jieun smiles shyly and strides towards the stage. Her broad shoulders showed how confident she was, and it ultimately made Yongguk mad. She didn't sing for his birthday! It was more like Yongguk sang for her on his birthday.

"Gomawo Jieun-ssi." Daehyun says. He bows plenty of times and bursts into a smile.

"No problem," she says. She takes the microphone and starts singing.

Happy birthday to you,
My beautiful love.
Baby, only for you.
If you're here, I'm happy.
Happy birthday to you,
On this day, forever.
Baby only for you,
We will happen.

"Oh! Jieun-ssi, do you love Jung Daehyun?" Youngjae questions. The question irked Yongguk and he turned around 180 degrees.

"Haha, no! I don't, actually," she replies. She faces Daehyun and smiles, "Just a birthday present to a dongsaeng I haven't seen for awhile." she says. She searches the crowd for Yongguk, failing. She then leaves the stage and everyone cheers. She stands in her place, next to Yongguk.

"What's wrong?" Jieun asks, smirking. Yongguk turns back around and says that nothing is wrong. 

"Oh, really?" Jieun questions. Yongguk nods, unconvincingly.

"Alright," Jieun says. She raises her hands up as if she surrenders. "If you say so."

-

The party was over, for now. They had two days, and one night left in Jeju Island. 

"Yongguk seemed really annoyed when you asked if Noona loved Daehyun hyung." says Zelo. He munches on his Cheetos and gulps down his cola. 

"How are you calling Yongguk hyung by his name, but call me hyung?" Daehyun asks. "He is older than the both of us."

Zelo shrugs, "He isn't here, so-"

"You're so rude. What a rude maknae."

"But, anyways, back to my question, he did seem a bit annoyed. Right, Himchan hyung?" 

Himchan nods and he snatches Zelo's bag of Cheetos. "Of course he would be. Jieun didn't sing for Yongguk's birthday."

"But they are technically 'over'" Jongup butts in. 

"Yeah, 'technically.' Not officially. There's a difference." Himchan says. He puts down the empty Cheetos bag and lays back in his chair. "But then again, Yongguk did break it off, technically."

"Make up your mind, would ya?" Jongup says. 

-

Yongguk catches up with Jieun before she left to her room.
"What was that?" Yongguk screeches. 

Jieun looks at Yongguk, head to toe, "What was what?"

"You! Singing to Daehyun!"

"A birthday present? Have you never heard of it before? A gift you give to someone-"

"No, not that. Why would you give him flowers and sing for him? You didn't do that for my birthday!" Yongguk screeches. His breathing became edged and short. 

"Well, why would I even anyways?" Jieun says. "'Just stay in Italy.' Yeah right. Is that not what you told me to do?"

"Why are you still hung up over that?"

"What do you mean still hung up over that? Of course I would be hurt, and if you were a good boyfriend you would know that!" 

Her words pierced his ears and his eyes widened. He exhaled heavily, "All I want to know is why you sang to him, and not me. Why Daehyun, and not me…"

"That song was for you! Idiot! I wouldn't sing it for no reason! Did you think that I would sing a love song to Daehyun?! It was for you, God." Jieun says. Her palms massages her temples and she sighs. "It was for you. That song…" Jieun weeps softly, "Happy late birthday, idiot."

A/N 
I translated the Happy Birthday song with my little knowledge of Korean, so pardon me if it's wrong. I was too lazy to search it up otl
and sorry for short chapter ^^ sorry if it seems messy, I don't really have a plan for this fic.