j u s t s m i l e s

Sealed Lips

Yongguk received the message and read it. What does she mean by that? He thought. Then he remembered what Himchan said. He got up so fast that the chair fell. "Yah! Himchan!" He yelled. Himchan turned the other way and snickered. 

"What? Why? Why did you?" Yongguk asked waving the phone in Himchan's face. Himchan scoffed, "What are you talking about?" He says sarcastically.

"You know what I'm talking about!" Yongguk yelled. "Ugh, nevermind."

Although Yongguk was happy that she had text him, he was also embarrassed. 
"Tell me she actually didn't see it…" he whimpered. He felt like pulling out his hair. "UGH. Kim Himchan! I'm gonna get you, I swear." 

To Songgie :
You didn't see anything, right?

From Songgie :
See what? :*

To Songgie :
You know… that video...

From Songgie :
Ohhh! My pitiful Bang Yongguk ❤️ I thought that you would get over me fast, I guess not !

To Songgie :
Shut it, don't show it to anyone. I swear. 

From Songgie :
I'll put the "Will there ever be anyone as pretty as you?" As my ringtone (; 

To Songgie :
Don't even. 

From Songgie :
I will, don't worry.

Without even noticing it, Yongguk was smiling like an idiot. Why was he so happy? He knew he was pitiful since he was the one who broke it off. 
Should I tell her about Hana? He thought. He shook his head. "No, I won't." He said.
"You won't what?" Zelo asked. Yongguk ignored the younger one and continued to stare at his texts with a smile. 
"Ooooh! What is that?" Zelo asked snatching the phone. 
"Ohhh! My pitiful Bang Yongguk, heart, I thought that you would get over me fast, I guess not!" Zelo recited. He continued to read the messages. "Ah, what video is this? I want to see!" Zelo cheered skipping around the table. "You? Crying? Pwuaha! I've got to see that!" Zelo cried. 
"Yah! Sh-shut it!" Yongguk exclaimed reaching for the phone. He tried, and tried, and as much as he tried, he couldn't get it. 
"Oh, my pitiful Bang Yongguk." Zelo mimicked, handing the phone to Yongguk.

May 2014

The days were passing and everything was getting brighter and the temperature was getting higher and higher.
"Any plans?" Yongguk asks Himchan through the phone.
"Oh, I see. Alright. If anything, you should visit for Daehyun's birthday. We're inviting everyone and we're going camping out by Jeju Island."
"Sounds like fun… I'll see if Eunsoo wants to come."
"Let me know as soon as possible because we need reservations and everything to be made by the end of this month. Oh, alright. Okay, bye." Yongguk ended the call and was on the verge of inviting Jieun over too. His mind was wandering and pondering about whether or not Jieun should come, and then a loud, yet bright sound interrupted Yongguk's train of thought.

From : Songgie

His notification blinked. 
"Speak of the devil…" He whispered.

From : Songgie

I'm coming back to Korea permanently to continue my studies there. I'm coming this week, and I don't care what you say. 

Yongguk scoffed, "Does she really thinks that I care?" He asked himself. And deeply, and the bottom of his heart, we all knew that Yongguk did and still does.

"Assa! It's almost my birthday!" Daehyun yelled as he fist pumped into the air. 
"Yeah, and that means birthday punches! Aha!" Youngjae sang more excited for Daehyun's birthday than Daehyun was himself.
"And you know what 22 times 4 is?" Jongup asked, "It's 26!" Jongup sang. "What? It's not 26, it's 88 idiot." Zelo corrected him. Jongup smiled and craned his neck, "I-I know, I just added by mistake."
"Yeah, sure." Youngjae said, lightly punching Jongup's shoulders. 
"That means you get 88 punches from me, Youngjae, Yongguk, Himchan, and Zelo!" Jongup continued. Daehyun exhaled through his nostrils.
"Zelo only gets 11 punches since he's younger." Daehyun said with a relieved smile.
"H-Hey, that's not fair!" Zelo cries. 
"Yeah," Daehyun said, "It's fine. I'll get bruises from everyone anyways." He adds on crossing his legs. "And if I'm lucky enough, Himchan hyung might not even come."
"Yeah, well, you better hope that wish comes true." Jongup said.
"I heard we're all going to Jeju." Zelo blurts. All heads turn towards him. Everyone but Daehyun was supposed to know.
Yah! Are you crazy?! Youngjae mouthed. 
"Really? I just heard that we were going somewhere… But wouldn't that be lots of fun?" Daehyun asks slouching. His left foot crossed over his right. He wore Zelo's "L and R" socks. 
Zelo scratched his head, "Oh, haha. I guess I was wrong. Maybe it was jungle." He adds laughing. 
"Hm, that would be fun too." Daehyun says, soon changing from left over right to right over left. "Wouldn't it?" He asks. Of course, Youngjae replied quickly with a "Yeah, it would." Following with the other two's "Yeah."

"Are you crazy?" Jongup asks trying to knuckle the tall kid. Zelo winced beforehand and spat out apologies. "Look, I was too excited! I'm sorry." 
"I am too, but we have to keep it a secret for now, just a couple more weeks."

"Hey, Jieun, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to join us. We're going to Jeju for Daehyun's birthday- No, that like that." Yongguk paused. He was practicing the many ways he was going to invite Jieun. He didn't want to screw it up. His feet swung back and forth from the stool, "Should I even ask her?" He questions. He shakes his head. "Jieun, since you're going to be in town why not spend time with us at Jeju Island for Daehyun's birthday?" He continued playing out various scenarios in his head and sneered every time. Each time it was either too cheesy or too plain. 
"Well, I guess I just gotta do it than." He tells himself picking up his phone. He entered his password and paused, "What should I say though?" He sighed. He couldn't make up his mind, but he couldn't wrap his mind around the thought about what had happened months ago on his birthday. That was the last time they communicated, besides the text he received from Jieun  just awhile ago.
He hurdled up all of the courage he had and dialed Jieun's number, surprisingly it went straight to voice mail.
What a relief…
"Hey Jieun-ah, do you want to go to, um, go to… Well I just wanted to ask if you want to go to Jeju with us for Daehyun's birthday. If not, it's fine. Don't worry, but if you do please contact me ASAP because we need to make reservations. Thanks." 
He took in deep breath. He did it. He ing did it. He left Jieun a voice mail, yeah not that much of an accomplishment, but whatever. It was a huge one to Yongguk.


Jieun walked out of the terminal as sassy as possible, you know, just in case people were staring. She wanted to impress all the men in the Republic of Korea. She wanted to impress them with her outstanding beauty and her knowledge. Maybe they would be impress if they found out she studied in Italy.
"Jieun!" calls out Sunhwa. She waves with the piece of paper with Jieun's name. Sunhwa smiles, making her eyes turn into an arch. Jieun, too, smiles at her. Jieun walked as fast as possible with her things in hand. 
"How was the flight?" Sunhwa asked, taking Jieun's belongings. "Is this it?" asks Sunhwa. Jieun nods, "The flight was so-so. Kids were running back and forth in the aisles, it was an headache." says Jieun, laughing. She smiles until she notices something. 
"What's today? Are you going to Daehyun's party?" Jieun asks. Sunhwa nods, "I believe everyone is going. Why?" Sunhwa asks. They make it to the black van and enter. The air conditioner was blasted up and the car was freezing. 
"I-I'm going… I think." says Jieun. She conceals her shivering movements and clench her teeth, "It's a bit too cold in here, don't you think so?" she asks. Sunhwa just nods and lowers the air conditioner. "Better?" asks Sunhwa. Jieun nods and they zoom off into the cities.

"Jieun's here." Zelo tells Yongguk. Yongguk just nods, than takes a double take at the younger one. "She is?" Yongguk asks. Zelo nods, "Got a message from Sunhwa. She landed 30 minutes ago, apparently." 
Zelo just walks away and leaves Yongguk flustered. Apparently he did care after all.


Week of Daehyun's Birthday

"Okay! Everyone, listen please! Today is the day when Daehyun's mother had conceived him and brought him into this world, and because of that we are both grateful and ungrateful for that decision made by her…" says Himchan. Cheers of laughter were heard across the large cabin. Daehyun just glares and 'tsks' at Himchan.  
"Have fun now, everyone." 
Not that many people were at the party. Just some of Daehyun's uni friends and all. Yongguk strides towards the counters and swishes his drink in his cup. 
"What's wrong?" A voice asks him. His head immediately turns towards the voice. "What? Surprised, much? You invited me, didn't you? Well, I'm here."
"Jieun…" Yongguk barely manages out. His mouth hangs open as he tries to reach reality. Jieun is all just smiles as she sips from her cup. "Missed me?" She asks. He shakes his head, "No, not at all." He replies. She smirks and walks away.

 

A/N
I know that I said I'll update a lot more during March, but writers block just keeps happening and-- ugh. Sorry. Lol. So here's a short and lame update for Yongguk's Birthday!