p a r t i e s

Sealed Lips

Valentines, New Year's, and many birthdays had passed. And now it's March, the month of Yongguk's birthday.
"What are you doing for your birthday?" Jongup asked. "Inviting over pretty noona's?" He asked raising a brow. Yongguk scoffed, "In your dreams! Himchan is coming for my birthday and staying until May, so we might just go out to a bar," Yongguk told the younger one, "That means you can't come." Yongguk laughed. 
"Aha! Like I wanted to come anyways." Jongup answered walking away to his room with his sandwhich.

"Hey, Chan!" Yongguk waved at his younger friend. Himchan walked full of sass and confidence… Until, he kinda tripped over his own foot. 
"Pwuaha! Wow, nice going dork," Yongguk laughed taking hold of Himchan's luggage, "Where's Eunsoo?" Yongguk asked.
 Himchan grinned a little, "She's…" he paused for a dramatic effect, "Pregnant. And she said that she gets sick easily now so she thinks that she wouldn't be able to last the flight." Himchan continued. Yongguk laughed. "Congrats, congrats," He said lifting the luggage onto a cart, "But who's watching her? Did you guys do it on Valentines?" Yongguk asked like a typical teenage boy. Himchan blushed, "Nope. The day before and the day after." He said. Yongguk made a motion as if he was going to throw up. "It's almost your birthday," Himchan poked Yongguk, "Maybe you'll get laid that day." Himchan told him with a horrific laugh. 

They were back home to that cozy little condo and they all continued to catch up as soon as Himchan got all settled and unpacked everything. 
"Whoa! Congratulations, hyung!" Zelo said, following with words of "Congrats" and "Congratulations" from the others. 
"Boy or girl?" Youngjae asked. Himchan shrugged. "It's only been almost a month, I don't know why she's getting so sick already." Himchan told them. Youngjae and Daehyun scoffed, "Maybe she's having twins." Youngjae blurted.
"He did say the did it the day before and after of Valentine's Day…" Yongguk added with a laugh.
 Himchan almost spit out his water, "Don't even jinx it Youngjae." He retorted. Jongup laughed, "I should hurry up and find a girl so our kids could get married, right hyung?" Jongup joked. Himchan craned his neck, "That's fine with me, but you'll regret getting married early." Himchan joked back. 
With Himchan back, the house was filled laughter and happiness, and soon everyone was asleep.

"Yongguk, remember when I said I had something I had to tell you?" Hana asked biting her lower lip. Yongguk nodded. He looked down and Hana was straddling him. "You'll find out tonight…" Hana replied soon closing the space between them. "I like you," she said taking in Yongguk's plush lips, "I said I like you…" she said again, this time snaking her arms around Yongguk's neck. 
"I like the way you always stutter when you're shy." she confesses sneaking kisses on his neck. "I like the way your eyes sparkle, I especially love your gummy smile…"
Yongguk pauses, "What are you doing, Hana?" He questions. She shushes him with another kiss. "Why don't you notice my feelings? Why can you only see that foolish girl, Song Jieun?" She asks, and she soon faded away.

"Yah, Yongguk! Wake up! We have to go to Baeksoo's kids birthday party today." Jongup woke him up.  Yongguk twitched and panicked. "It was just a dream, right?" Yongguk asked himself with beads of sweat coming down. Jongup laughed at his foolish hyung. "Yeah, I guess." Jongup replied not knowing how much he actually worried Yongguk. 
"What do you mean you guess?" Yongguk asked wiping away his sweat. Himchan snickered with a drink in his hand, "Had a dream that you were getting laid last night? You were and everything…" Himchan joked. Yongguk exhaled deeply, "No, I did not." He answered. Himchan chuckled and walked away.

He couldn't dare to face Hana at the kid's birthday party. He avoided her in whatever way or form he could, until she caught him. 
"Why are you acting so weird?" She questioned handing Yongguk a cup of what Baeksoo called "Grown-Up Punch". "Stressing?" She questioned again with slight laughter. Yongguk forced a smile. He avoided any kind of eye contact whatsoever. 
"I still haven't told you what I needed to tell you," she told him, "Maybe after the party I can tell you?" She asked. Yongguk shrugged swirling his drink in the plastic red cup. "Cheer up, huh?" Hana told him patting his back. 

After the party Yongguk immediately rushed out the house and his engine. 
Knock, knock.
Yongguk looked outside the window to see Hana. He looked down and scowled. 
Dammit.
He rolled down the window and ask if Hana would like to sit in the passenger seat to tell him what she needed to. And obviously, she agreed and was soon in his car. 
"Why are you avoiding me?" She asked, her voice more down than usual. Yongguk scratched his head. "I don't care, I just want to get this over with…" she mumbled not letting him answer. She fumbled with her accessories and hesitated. Yongguk was getting impatient, "Can you tell me? Sorry if I'm rushing you. I just have to go back to that one place where I was interviewed at." He lied. He already got a call saying he didn't qualify because he forgot his resumé. 
Hana apologized and cleared , "Well, I've been thinking about it a lot… and I've come to the thought that maybe…" she paused. "Sorry if I'm wasting your time, but I think that maybe I do like you. I know that you and Jieun are still a thing but-"
"We aren't anymore…" Yongguk interrupted. "But that's good, I guess."
"I like you, Yongguk. I don't know… after seeing you with Jieun, I guess that's when I realized it. My feelings for you…" She confesses fondling with the hem of her lace skirt. "That's all… I guess I'll get going." She says as she leaves the car.

"Whoa! Ladies man!" Himchan chorused popping out of no where. He moved to the passenger seat. Yongguk glanced at the rear view mirror. "You heard, everything?" He asked. Himchan nodded. Then he sorta lowered his eyes, "You and Jieun are done?" He asked. Yongguk nodded. "Yeah, I think." He answered. He kind regretted breaking up. 
Himchan smiled and patted Yongguk's back. "It's alright. C'mon, the kids are probably back home already." Himchan said. 

"What do you think?" Hyosung asked pulling out a dress from her dresser. Hana glanced at Hyosung, "It's pretty! Where are you going?" Hana asked. Hyosung skipped around happily in her dress. "To Yongguk's birthday party, remember? Aren't you going?" Hyosung asked, "And I'm only going to see… Himchan." She confessed. Hana smiled, "No, I have a event to go to." Hana said. "Have fun! I gotta get going." 

"Yah! Happy birthday! Let's all take a shot for your birthday! You too, Jongup! Sorry Zelo." Himchan cheered with laughter. Zelo faked a pout.

"Cheers!" Clink.
Everyone's mood was up and the night was falling. 
"Hey," Yongguk was wobbling and was barely able to talk, "Himchan-ah. I miss her, Song Jieun. I miss Song Jieun!" Yongguk yelled throwing his arms into the air spilling his shot. Himchan wiped away the tequila that fell onto his jacket. "You hear me? I miss you…" He chorused as if it was his theme song. He sighed, "I'm so sorry." He whispered to himself crying. 

2013 ; Jieun-ah, Just stay there, in Italy…

"Yah, Gukkie! I'm on my week break! I was thinking if I could-"
"Just-Just stay there Jieun. I don't want you to see me." Yongguk mumbled through the phone. 
"Don't play around! Why? You don't miss me?" She asked with laughter. "I'm coming tomorrow-"
"I'm serious Jieun-ah, I'll even give you money if you stay." 
"Y-Yah, Yongguk. St-stop playing around…"
"I'm not, just stay."
"Why are you like this?" Jieun asked on the verge of crying. 
Yongguk sighed, She just doesn't listen.
"I don't know, why won't you just listen to me? I'll give you money, alright? Just don't come."
"Yongguk, what's taking you so long-" a voice was heard in the background. 
"Who's that?! Are you cheating-?"
"That's my sister, don't make assumptions. Look, I gotta go."


Present Time ;

"You're such a ing idiot, Bang Yongguk." He said, hitting himself. "What money? You didn't have money yourself." He laughed at himself. "I shouldn't have said anything and just let her be…" he sighed. The lights were bright and there were ladies everywhere, why couldn't get enough courage to talk to them. That's what he thought. Yongguk stood up and smiled like a psycho. 
"Where are you going?" Himchan asked holding tightly onto Yongguk's wrist. "No where, to the dance floor." He said with wary eyes. 

2010 ; Bye .

"You know what, if you only liked me to get revenge on Jaylee, then we're done." Jieun screeched. Yongguk's eyes pleaded for her forgiveness. "It's not like that Jieun." He says smoothing her hair. "I swear, Jieun. If you forgive me, I swear I won't hurt you anymore…" He hushes her with a light peck. "Please, I've grown feelings for you. A lot." He says looking into her chocolatey eyes.

Present ;

He collapsed to the floor, weeping. "I lied to you, I lied to myself." He cried, tears falling. He cried until the tears wouldn't come out. His eyes were flooded with his salty drops and face flushed red. "Will there be another girl as pretty as you?" He asked himself biting his lower lip. 
"Will there?" He asked himself again.

He woke up with swollen eyes and bags. 
"You were crying like a kid in the middle of the dance floor yesterday." Himchan told him. Yongguk chuckled and messed with his hair. "Was I?" He asked as if he was clueless. 
Himchan laughed and nodded, "You said you missed Jieun. I recorded it and sent it to her." 
"What?!" Yongguk asked furiously. Himchan smiled, "I kid, I kid." He says drinking his coffee. 
"You know, I saw Hyosung." Himchan confessed, "She was so pretty under those bright lights yesterday." Himchan says smiling to himself, then he sighed deeply. "Too bad I can't have her, huh?" He asked. Yongguk shrugged. "If you leave Eunsoo you'll have to pay alimony and such." Yongguk said. Himchan shrugged, "I guess I'll take the kid." He joked. "Nah, I'm kidding. If I leave her, my mom would kill me." He says.

"You're such a ing idiot, Bang Yongguk."
"Will there be another girl as pretty as you?"

Jieun smiled at the pitiful video of Yongguk. 
What was he doing on his own birthday? She thought. 
She finished watching the 8-minute long video of Yongguk crying. She felt eased that he thought of her and felt slightly cocky since he missed her. She smiled and grabbed her phone. 

To Yongguk :
Happy late birthday crybaby! (;
Don't worry, I won't show it to anyone…

She sent the text with a smirk. 
I got you now, Yongguk.