So you're saying I can't like you...?

Love Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV

 

“Ahjumma, are you looking for Jongin?” Serri asked Young Mi as she saw Young Mi standing in front of his apartment. Young Mi turned around and saw a young girl, she was pretty and she looked younger than her for sure.

 

Serri was holding a big bag of groceries and she looked like she was having a hard time holding it. But Young Mi didn’t answer her or bothered asking if she needed help and just rang the bell. Serri stared at her from behind weirdly. She thought Young Mi was rude as her first impression.

 

And that was exactly what Young Mi wanted; she didn’t want anyone to like her or to even befriend her. She just wanna live alone, like that moment with Jae Won.

 

After a few seconds, the door opened, revealing her tall handsome neighbor; Kai. Young Mi came to pick Jae Won up after the tutoring and Kai already knew about it. He let her in and Young Mi just walked in blankly without saying anything.

 

Kai then noticed another figure behind Young Mi and for some reason, he was really surprised to see her, his best friend; Serri.

 

To him, Serri was a good friend, a friend that he cherished a lot. But to Serri, Kai was more than just a friend. He has always been more than a friend to her since the first time they met. But the clueless Jongin didn’t know her feeling at all.

 

She always gave him hints but he still didn’t get it, Serri liked him a lot and she tried her best to at least catch his attention. But it was going to be harder now because it seemed like Kai has already find that someone.

 

“Serri!” Kai said, looking really happy and Serri was happy to see him but what bothered her most was Young Mi. The woman who she never met before, the woman she found rude, she just walked into Kai’s apartment so naturally that Serri was jealous for a seconds.

 

“Who is she?” She asked Kai and Kai followed her eyes and saw Young Mi. He smiled as he looked at her walking slowly to the living room. Just her back view already made his heart flustered.

 

“Ah… a noona next door.” Kai answered, smiling brightly. Serri still didn’t get why the noona next door was doing in his house. Kai took away the groceries bag from her hand and dragged her inside.

 

When Serri entered, she noticed that there was another person, a kid to be exact. And she heard him calling Young Mi ‘umma’ and she realised that she came to pick up her son. And for some unknown reason, her heart became light again.

 

“Serri, this is Young Mi noona, she lives next door. And Jae Won, her son.” Kai introduced Young mi to Serri and Serri smiled at Young Mi, Young Mi didn’t want to appear rude in front of her son and smiled back at her; it was a fake smile but it was still better than not smiling at all.

 

“I’m Serri.” Serri smiled and Jae Won ginned at Kai cutely. Kai saw him and wondered why the little kid was staring at him that way.

 

“Noona is your girlfriend, uncle?” Jae Won grinned cutely and Serri was shy at his sudden question but it didn’t last long.

 

“NO! Of course not!” Kai rejected so quickly and loudly that Serri felt like her heart was being stabbed by a knife. But she didn’t appear sad and just laughed. Jae Won was laughing at Kai’s reaction and Young Mi was staring at him funnily; like he was crazy or something. Because the scream just now was so high that Young Mi couldn’t help but smiled a little as she found it a little cute and funny.

 

Kai noticed Young Mi’s face and for some reason, he felt like she didn’t believe him. He made a face like he was about to cry. And if Young Mi really misunderstood, he might really cry.

 

“Noona! It’s the truth!” He was looking at Young Mi and said loudly and desperately. Begging her to believe him. “I’m really not lying, she is just a friend.” There goes another word that broke Serri’s heart into pieces. She just wanted to run away but she remained calm. And she didn’t understand why Kai tried so hard to explain to Young Mi, she didn’t know if she should feel jealous. Because to Serri, Young Mi is a wife and a mother, there wasn’t a reason to be suspicious about the relation of these two.

 

“I didn’t say an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter