Just My Luck

Beauty and The Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunjung’s P.O.V.

 

I just need to get through this bloody dinner.

 

So what if the man sitting in front of me was 6 feet tall with the body of a lean, muscular athlete. So what if his eyes was shooting cupids arrow and the way his jaw clenches when he eats or talk makes me fidget like a fifteen year old. So what if he looks like the splitting image of Daniel Henney with a tad more masculine and a whole lot ier.

 

So many so whats.

 

But that doesn’t matter, because once I look past all the bogus charms he portrays, in front of me sat a typical arrogant species of male who seemed so comfortable within the territory we weave around himself that he tries to incept the seed of idea that the whole world revolves around him.

 

For those women out there who actually had the rotten luck to meet a guy like this, please head my advice to never give him the pleasure of thinking he got us where he wants. Men not only have insatiable threshold for lust, but also for egoism. Now, women who gave in for either one of this is going to find herself being piled up as trophies among many others but never treated as equal.

 

“I’m not making you uncomfortable, am I?”

 

See-what I mean? Men are egoistical sadist.  

 

Okay, okay calm down – don’t start throwing shoes at me or something. Not saying all men are, but at least this man is. Better?

 

“No. Not at all. As a matter of fact I feel confident enough to assure you that it’s completely fine by me if you don’t want this marriage, because truth is my perception of this thing between us is not much different than yours are.”

 

That is the truth actually. I can clearly see that he loathes the idea of marriage to a stranger as much as me. But what choice do I have? I can’t say no to him because we need the money that comes with him. But if he says no….well that can work. It’s not like he’s got anything to loose. Put all the blame on him so that I don’t look like such a bad daughter to my mother.

 

“I just don’t want to be the one being pinned down for not accepting this marriage, but if you don’t like it and wants a way out, then please be my guest.”

 

For a moment I really thought he might consider that offer. Then he chuckled and set the sail in a whole different direction.

 

“You know, I had every thought of coming here and changing your mind so that you would withdraw from this arranged condemnation, but now that I know that’s going to be impossible, let me make something very clear.”

 

Say what?

 

He was hoping that I would withdraw; I was hoping he would withdraw….God; we’re weaving a really tangled web here.

 

Before I had time to regain back my common sense from where it MIA, he was leaning down to me, his face was dangerously close and his hands were braced on either side of me, trapping me like a mouse.

 

“You’re going to regret the bad choices that you made sweetheart.” 

 

Then he did the damnest thing of all. He kissed me. Right on the lips, when I least expected it.

 

Come on, it was a phony kiss, even I can tell. But still it was my first kiss. This devilishly handsome man stole my first kiss and he expect me to just brush it off like it meant nothing. !

 

I had every intention to push him off. No I really did, but for some reason I feel paralyzed as he used both his lips to gently caress mine. Yet another prove that he’s good at what he does, probably from all those years of kissing hundreds of women. I suppose he doesn’t even remember his first kiss.

 

When he pulled away, I feel dumbfounded. I looked at him like he just stole my innocence-exaggerating a little-but it really felt that way.

 

Suddenly everything blanked, I watched in horror as my own hand flew to his face and landed a nice slap with a loud thud. He straightened up and looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic. That’s it. I picked myself up from where I was sitting and grabbed my handbag. “Next time you think about shoving your mouth into someone else, you might want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter