Managing Much?

Beauty and The Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunjung’s P.O.V.

 

I am not into jerks. And it’s a given fact.

 

You know what I hate even more? Guys like this man, sitting in front of me while I’m taking his orders. His grey T-shirt was straining against his chest muscle and there are writing on it that goes like this; I’m not a gynecologist but I’ll take a look. There was this really annoying smirk like grin on his face as if he thinks he can get me anytime he wants.

 

Well I might have to disappoint him after all. Coz if you guys can see my face right now two words are written across my face in arial black, bolded and underlined. Not Interested.

 

Sometimes I blame my stepmom for my lack of interest in guys. No, she wasn’t a bad mother like those they portray in fairy tales with the step mother going all evil and scary while the girl being innocent and terrified to chicken . Nope. My mom, she’s nice and cool. But all the same she can be cranky and impossible to deal with when it comes to running the shop that we owned.

 

She had always worked so hard to keep everything manageable, it’s always been like that since I can remember. There is always a need to manage, the shop, the house, the bills and the debts. Only then, we had our appa, he always know what to do to cheer us up especially with his silly jokes and body gags.

 

It is universally known that I’m a daddy’s girl. As much as I love my mother, I felt like I had more in common with my dad. Even so mother still tried her best to nuture me especially when it comes to saving up.

 

And we needed it too.

 

Even before appa pass away, we were already drowning in debts. Somehow we managed to pull it all together.

 

See, more managing. Told you my life is full of it.

 

Appa wasn’t really-what you would say-a money maker. Just recently a day after he left us all, we received a letter from the bank saying that if we did not pay up the debts soon enough, they were going to lease the house and the shop. Then there was the loan shark who just stopped by our house and threatened us by using the word 'disappear' and 'dead' in the same sentence. Talk about major life thretening issue.

 

That was the on switch.

 

Mother started going about like a crazed bull, head butting everything, trying to make ends meet, which means, she is going to be a bigger pain in the . But that’s good; at least all of these problems are keeping both of us from dwelling too much after appa’s death.

 

And as if days like that wasn’t bad enough, I had to face guys like this total and plaster a fake smile … all because he is a customer. And like my mother always said:

 

“Jungie ah, if it’s a customer, you be good to him even if you really want to kick him in the balls.”

 

Arghh…I hate my life!

 

“Sir you want to order anything?” I sounded patient.

 

“Only if I can get a tall glass of you.” Ewww….that was super cheesy and disgusting.

 

I want to punch him in the face. Instead I leaned in closer to him. “Do you know the reason why you’re sitting here for the last few days, hitting on me with no sliver of hope sweetheart?” I said, the smile still etched to my face. “That’s because sarcastically speaking, the probable outcome of me dating a man like you is not favourable. So if you don’t mind, is there anything you would like to order?….Our specialty includes mashed lamb stuffed right up a chicken’s .”

 

Again, blame my mother for turning a 6 year old kid into this tough with stone head stubbornness and impeccably witty way of talking. Not a major attraction point I would say, but I like to take my chances.

 

“You were rude.” The man said. Getting up from his seat.

 

“And you were absolutely disgusting.” I replied. Screw it off with the whole be-nice-to-customer policy. The man walked out of the shop with the expression of a five year old being insulted.

 

“What have you done, Jungie ah!” Oh, there comes the after effect of what I’ve done, I was starting to feel a little regret, but too late to make it anything out of it.

 

“He was being disgusting.”

 

“But he’s a customer. And if you keep doing this we’re going to lose the little custom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter